BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC • 82 • G R E E N R O O M • D A N A E L A N D A, this is home where we are
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Feb 6 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Welcome to the BJSC 82 green room! Just to clarify, as Deandria have declined the offer to host we in Danaelanda will be doing it instead.

We are here in the Watermelon Arena in the capital city Aelan, the largest in Danaelanda and home to some of the biggest concerts and DJ sets in the world. Watermelon, because it’s big and juicy like the tunes that get played there.

The official slogan of the contest is “this is home where we are”. As you may have noticed it is taken from our own previous entry ‘Monody’ which finished 3rd last contest.

Listen again:

It would be rude to not remind you of the entry which actually won last contest though, so here is Allie X with 'Sanctuary' which gave Deandria their win.

Listen again:

Now, because none of you actually read the first post of the confirmations thread before confirming, here are the TEN COMMANDMENTS OF CONFIRMING:

(and just to clarify, this is NOT the confirmations thread so don't confirm your entry now, it will not be accepted)

01. Anyone with a registered nation can and is encouraged to enter this contest, except people with permabans and the following nations for failing to vote on time in the previous contest:

• Botanikka
• Republic of Adonia
• Skall
• Thelonia
• Triangledonia
• Zaminton

Good luck with recalibrating yo sound you six, hope to see you in ’83.

02. When confirming your song you must send a PM to myself with the following information:

Country Name:
Artist(s):
Song:
Audio Link:
*Mp3 Link:

*you may send this at a later time but it will make my job of compiling Mp3 packs MUCH easier if you send it A$AP (Rocky).

03. Please make sure to check the veto framework before confirming your entry.

04. The song must not have been entered into a previous edition of BJSC or a BJSC spin off. A complete list of previous entries can be found HERE.

05. You are prohibited from sending the same artist you sent last time, or an artist that finished top 3 in the previous contest (Allie X, Zonderling, Bishøp, TheFatRat and Laura Brehm). But preferably try to send an artist that wasn’t sent in the previous contest (or in any contest if you're feeling super inspired) and one that you haven’t yourself sent before.

06. You must also not send a song previously sent to Eurovision or one in contention for being sent to this year’s contest (anyone who tries to send Ace Wilder will be EXCOMMUNICATED from Buzzjack).

07. You may not reveal your chosen entry until I open the semi-finals but you may discuss your potentials.

08. Deandria as the winners of last contest will auto-qualify. Aeroche will auto-qualify if there are an even number of confirmations (though let's be honest, this is Aeroche. They're going to qualify either way). Meanwhile the host nation (that’s us!) still has every chance of announcing their own DNQ (lol).

09. I will be making soundcloud recaps of the semi-finals. If you have a preference for which segment of the song you wish for me to use in the recaps, make sure to tell me when you confirm.

10. Finally, I suggest that you all send great songs - let's make this contest a good'un cheer.gif

Dates

08/02/2016 :: Confirmations
15/02/2016 :: Semi Final Draw & Voting Period
22/02/2016 :: Semi Final Results, Final Draw & Voting Period
29/02/2016 :: Final Results
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 6 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
I got a song at the ready that'll blow yalls mind away,so y'all better abandon that Yehecism

+Quote this post
mdh
post Feb 6 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
Question for when I enter BJSC 83 (think I'm allowed to enter that one wink.gif) ..can you send a song from an artist that has performed at Eurovision, but a different song to the one that has been performed?

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 6 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i am SO ready. as i said i'm departing from my usual dance sound to go rock for the first time and i'm coming for blood

+Quote this post
danG
post Feb 6 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 6 2016, 07:07 PM) *
Question for when I enter BJSC 83 (think I'm allowed to enter that one wink.gif) ..can you send a song from an artist that has performed at Eurovision, but a different song to the one that has been performed?

YES, but it depends how popular they are (for example, Loreen would definitely be vetoed, but some random chick who gave Portugal a 14th in the semi flop would go through)

+Quote this post
mdh
post Feb 6 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Dan_ @ Feb 6 2016, 07:10 PM) *
YES, but it depends how popular they are (for example, Loreen would definitely be vetoed, but some random chick who gave Portugal a 14th in the semi flop would go through)

So I guess '****************' would be acceptable then wink.gif

also he might represent Hungary at Eurovision in this years contest as well~

This post has been edited by mdh: Feb 6 2016, 07:39 PM

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Feb 6 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
Hyped for this! Will be nice to take a backseat again!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Feb 6 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 6 2016, 07:12 PM) *
So I guess 'Kallay-Saunders' would be acceptable then wink.gif

also he might represent Hungary at Eurovision in this years contest as well~

Don't think they're allowed if they're in contention to enter this years' Eurovision! Plus don't give away who you're sending unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 6 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I think I am going for that Years & Years-styled entry I teased during the end of last month's results (might also have next month's entry wrapped up). Hopefully I get another top 10 like I did the last time Dan hosted a contest.
QUOTE(Dan_ @ Feb 6 2016, 11:10 AM) *
I mean, Krista Siegfrids managed to pass the veto so why not?

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 6 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
SO excited for this! I'm going for an incredible remix of a witch house song! The sound of it is moreso in the vein of 'Exhume' rather than my BJSC Halloween song as much as I loved that, to use recent examples.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 6 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Terra Avium's 40th contest cheer.gif I have got an entry that I think marks this quite well - of course it's an instrumental! I have high hopes as it is a bit of a banger music.gif Plus going for the tried and tested method of 'DNQ so send an instrumental' (seems songs with lyrics STILL aren't doing the business going by last month :/)

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 6 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I'm ready to win this one wink.gif wink.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 6 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #13
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 6 2016, 07:21 PM) *
SO excited for this! I'm going for an incredible remix of a witch house song! The sound of it is moreso in the vein of 'Exhume' rather than my BJSC Halloween song as much as I loved that, to use recent examples.

that sounds awesome!

+Quote this post
m
post Feb 6 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 6 2016, 07:21 PM) *

Ooh, been jumping into witch house lately, after I really enjoyed your Halloween entry! I don't know if this remix will still be witch house-y but excited to hear it regardless!

I won't be giving too much away but I will be autoqualifying with something I've been completely in love with for a little over a month (if all goes as planned), it is just so fantastic and slightly bizarre, I hope it will get some love from others wub.gif I would have my doubts about it getting through the semis so I am excited to be able to be straight in the final with it now, but I was planning to send it this month anyways, even if I didn't get to AQ.

+Quote this post
lotita
post Feb 6 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #15
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
would anyone be up for hearing two of mine as I'm stuck between them! smile.gif

This post has been edited by princess_lotti: Feb 6 2016, 07:37 PM

+Quote this post
mdh
post Feb 6 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Feb 6 2016, 07:15 PM) *
Don't think they're allowed if they're in contention to enter this years' Eurovision! Plus don't give away who you're sending unsure.gif

I'll have to rethink my choice then no.gif sob.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 6 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #17
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
It's my 40th contest and I really want to celebrate with a Q, not 100% on my entry yet though. Have a brief idea though ~

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 6 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 6 2016, 07:40 PM) *
I'll have to rethink my choice then no.gif sob.gif

Only if it's with that particular song, that's ineligible to be sent until it's definitely no longer being sent to Eurovision. You can still send the artist, and if the song doesn't pick up veto points, it's fine.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 6 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Wait, who hasn't given me points yet? I need to aim for someone's points again biggrin.gif (Or a Corsephonia swap like October, whichever works)
QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Feb 6 2016, 11:36 AM) *
would anyone be up for hearing two of mine as I'm stuck between them! smile.gif
I'm up for that! wub.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post Feb 6 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Feb 6 2016, 07:43 PM) *
Only if it's with that particular song, that's ineligible to be sent until it's definitely no longer being sent to Eurovision. You can still send the artist, and if the song doesn't pick up veto points, it's fine.

Ah right, no it's a completely different song by the same artist that could be going to Eurovision.

We'll see, anyway tongue.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:07 PM