BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> City of Lover: Concert, Live performances from Lover released on all platforms
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Taylor has her City of Lover concert on Sunday and rumours are circulating that she's going to release a live album/something alongside it

There's been rumours the last couple days on twitter and today the ATRL reliable insider said - All I know is Taylor releasing right after Katy, such a kii and it's Songs from City of Lover Concert too. also supposedly someone big is dropping an album on Friday

I'm hoping best case scenario is we get a Lover Deluxe with some new songs + live performances from the CoL concert. Maybe could get a live compilation of songs throughout her discography (I'd love Spotify versions of some underrated gems like Better Man or Safe & Sound). My expectation ofc is we just get a City of Lover Concert tour album with the sound a messT like on The Man live.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

this post on ATRL basically sums up my thoughts:

Personally, I’d be really down for her dropping a Lover deluxe with ~3 new songs and a new single + music video (if it was filmed before Rona) akin to what Selena did with Rare. Repackage it with a new cover, too. Will probably push the album past 20 weeks in the BB200 top 10...

In reality: she will release audio recordings of the concert that we will have already heard through the concert footage.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th May 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

So we didn’t get a live album but all the songs she performed from Lover have been released on all platforms.

I watched the concert special on abc live and it was so good hearing some of the Lover songs live ❤️ Cornelia Street live is PERFECTION, her vocals during the chorus 💗

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 18th May 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

Death by a thousand cuts sounds so so good!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 18th May 2020, 11:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

They could have released a live album.
Based on the reaction to the live songs the fans would have welcomed this.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 19th May 2020, 01:21 AM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

ugh Cornelia Street live is so perfect, I can't stop listening to it heart.gif The Archer and Lover are my other main faves from this. Taylor acoustic is sfg and shines on CS so much <3 However when she performs Lover, I find it the most enchanting when it's not acoustic so I'm glad the Paris version wasn't acoustic! The Archer is so underrated <3

Me and YNTCD are fine but we've heard both live 100x and she's performed both of them better, in particular the latter. Daylight is nice but it's a shame the Red part of the medley got scrapped for obvious reasons sad.gif The Man we'd already heard and I stan it but idk if it works too well acoustic for me. And death by a thousand cuts is slowly getting up there with the most overrated songs in her discography

QUOTE(pippa @ May 19 2020, 12:20 AM) *
They could have released a live album.
Based on the reaction to the live songs the fans would have welcomed this.

The only reason this didn't happen is probably to do with the situation with $cooter. Pretty much since, I wanna say You Need To Calm Down's release, any performance Taylor has done has only had videos of the performances uploaded from songs from this era, with other songs she's performed from older eras (e.g. shake it off at Amazon Prime Day/Jingle Bell Ball/Paris Concert etc) are unavailable to watch anywhere. It's a shame but it is what it is sad.gif

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 19th May 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ May 19 2020, 02:21 AM) *
ugh Cornelia Street live is so perfect, I can't stop listening to it heart.gif The Archer and Lover are my other main faves from this. Taylor acoustic is sfg and shines on CS so much <3 However when she performs Lover, I find it the most enchanting when it's not acoustic so I'm glad the Paris version wasn't acoustic! The Archer is so underrated <3

Me and YNTCD are fine but we've heard both live 100x and she's performed both of them better, in particular the latter. Daylight is nice but it's a shame the Red part of the medley got scrapped for obvious reasons sad.gif The Man we'd already heard and I stan it but idk if it works too well acoustic for me. And death by a thousand cuts is slowly getting up there with the most overrated songs in her discography
The only reason this didn't happen is probably to do with the situation with $cooter. Pretty much since, I wanna say You Need To Calm Down's release, any performance Taylor has done has only had videos of the performances uploaded from songs from this era, with other songs she's performed from older eras (e.g. shake it off at Amazon Prime Day/Jingle Bell Ball/Paris Concert etc) are unavailable to watch anywhere. It's a shame but it is what it is sad.gif

omg no cry.gif I hardly see any love for it at all, I feel it's so underrated! It could be in my top five Taylor songs ever!

+Quote this post
Neil
post 23rd May 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016

Shame the concert was effectively trimmed in half due her label situation sad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th May 2020, 12:39 AM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(Billy. @ May 19 2020, 01:06 PM) *
omg no cry.gif I hardly see any love for it at all, I feel it's so underrated! It could be in my top five Taylor songs ever!

It's really becoming a fan favourite aha!! Most Swifties I know place it in their top 3 of Lover, I'm very much in the minority of not being massive on the song in the fanbase kink.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 27th May 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

The concert shown on Disney+ was cute enough. But I preferred the Netflix documentary overall (although this is very much just a concert as opposed to a BTS documentary).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:27 AM