BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokemon Sword & Shield, Generation 8 // Nintendo Switch
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 10th June 2020, 11:50 PM
Post #301
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm excited but nervous, the latter being how much online is gonna change but it's gonna be fun having the new areas to explore (from the trailers, it all looks stunning) and it's just exciting to get Pokemon back that we've missed this whole time! It's also exciting bc I've seen loads of leaks about Galarian forms and ik most will be false but I'm intrigued to see if we get any more than just Slowbro and to see what they are.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 11th June 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #302
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

Are there gonna be any new pokemon?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 11th June 2020, 11:35 AM
Post #303
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

There's a new Slowbro form

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th June 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #304
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Also the two new legendaries, rumours say there'll be more Galar forms but we don't know yet, it would seem weird to only have Slowbro.

Strongest Galarian form rumour seems to be Shroomish and Breloom

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th June 2020, 10:42 AM
Post #305
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Today *.* I assume it will be around 2pm after the "Pokemon Presents" thing that is on then. I wish they'd just released it at midnight local time but I guess this way it's a surprise for everyone which is fun.

EDIT: so Home has been datamined and NO new Galarian forms other than Slowbro, apparently there may be data server side that you can't see right now with a datamine, it just seems so stupid and lazy and disappointing to bother adding one new form and nothing else?

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 17th June 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #306
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 17 2020, 10:42 AM) *
Today *.* I assume it will be around 2pm after the "Pokemon Presents" thing that is on then. I wish they'd just released it at midnight local time but I guess this way it's a surprise for everyone which is fun.
EDIT: so Home has been datamined and NO new Galarian forms other than Slowbro, apparently there may be data server side that you can't see right now with a datamine, it just seems so stupid and lazy and disappointing to bother adding one new form and nothing else?

But isn't Slowking being added in this version too or is that in the other DLC?

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 17th June 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #307
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Immediately caught a Starmie. YAS THANKS

+Quote this post
LexC
post 17th June 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #308
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Catching a level 80 Wailord what's good UwU

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 17th June 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #309
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

got myself a Starmie, Emolga & Jigglypuff within 20 seconds aha, I'm enjoying it.

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 17th June 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #310
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

Completed the story for Isle of Armor already. But sad it was so short but I’m assuming the Crown Tundra will be packed full of content later this year. Happy to have Starmie back in the games too

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th June 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #311
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

The story was pretty tedious and way too short sad.gif I mean half of it was glorified fetch quests with only really one challenging battle. I mean the calibre of opponents in the Tower was pathetic laugh.gif I wasn't expecting a whole new region and league, we were never gonna get that, but a couple of hours of fetch quests and piss easy battles is disappointing. I know the main game was hardly difficult, but I just wanted a bit more here.

So many of my faves still not back too, it's fun exploring and catching all the returning Pokemon but to me this feels quite rushed for a bit of fan service (especially the lowkey glitchy following Pokemon where the programming seems to be half assed). Mostly I'm just looking forward to shaking up the metagame a bit, good thing is all the broken ones who used to rule the metagame aren't in this DLC and seem to be Crown Tundra returnees so hopefully some lesser remembered Pokmeon who are back get a chance to shine.

We also seem to have a lot more promised for Crown Tundra, so this feels a bit rushed. I mean they at least could have added a few new Galarian forms or something, plus there was a perfect excuse for G-Max Vespiquen with the honey quest. Idk it just all feels like they've shoved the good stuff to Crown Tundra and then farted this out in the meantime. The Kubfu stuff was cute though I guess.

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 18th June 2020, 10:54 PM
Post #312
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 18 2020, 12:51 PM) *
plus there was a perfect excuse for G-Max Vespiquen with the honey quest.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. I thought this was going to happen!

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 20th June 2020, 09:11 AM
Post #313
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

I'm not gonna get the expansion but I heard you can still catch the newly added Pokémon in the original. I guess I will return to it at some point to do that.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th June 2020, 10:01 AM
Post #314
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Online is really fun atm, seems to be people kind of testing and exploring new pokemon and we all don't know what we're quite doing laugh.gif For example I've been using Comfey a lot, totally irrelevant in gen 7 but is putting in WORK right now, I feel like it's because people are using all the returning pokemon as they test out sets and work on teams, which is fun! It's like we don't know what's coming or what ro expexg, whereas when you see Dragapult, Charizard and Dracovish for example, you 100% know the drill.

That's the good thing about the picking really random pokemon to bring back, although Chansey is gonna be soooo broken with Dynamax, I lowkey hate the mechanic now laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Doug
post 20th June 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #315
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

I managed to get a shiny Horsea through breeding like 7 just to get one with Sniper! Funnily enough it didn't have Sniper but I grafted for an Ability Capsule, training it up now to make it into the beast it has proven to be on Showdown - Sniper + Scope Lens + Dragon Dance + Scale Shot has proven to work an absolute treat! Plus access to Iron Head made short work of any Clefables/Hatterenes/Grimmsnarls that have popped up.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th June 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #316
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

One huge really good thing about the DLC is the quality of life improvements, little things like it being way easier to grind for Watts and BP, the EV reset woman, there being more Raid Dens, that was the same with the base game tbf, a lot of the enjoyment still comes from those quality of life bits that just make the "extras" so much better and way easier/more fun rather than a slog and a grind.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th July 2020, 01:31 PM
Post #317
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I one-shot Urshifu with Wigglytuff online today and I've never laughed so hard at Pokemon omg

+Quote this post
Doug
post 6th July 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #318
Group icon

At the expense of sounding extremely Smogon, G/Slowbro is actually giving me everything right now. Quick Draw & Quick Claw means that half of the time it’ll go first against anything, plus with Belly Drum and a heavy Sp. Atk investment it’s an incredible mixed attacker. Doesn’t always work but so much fun to use.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th July 2020, 01:35 AM
Post #319
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

It's quite good under Trick Room! That way it will usually go first even without a Quick Draw and Quick Claw combo, so I use Life Orb for extra power. Of course that's an even more situational build but it's fun when it works. I thought it was gonna be super broken when we heard more about it so I'm glad that it's just good enough to be fun to work with in a few ways.

I've had the most randomly insane niche today, Eiscue works as a brilliant counter for the Dark Urshifu which I am SO fed up of seeing laugh.gif Stick a Focus Sash on it, the Ice Face can take one Wicked Blow and that means you get an Ice Punch off, then when it breaks you outspeed Urshifu, so you get another off, then the Wicked Blow takes you down to 1HP and you can use Reversal to hit super-effectively and finish it off. I know Urshifu isn't actually that good and is quite easily countered but it's so fun using something as random and so far unviable as Eiscue to do it laugh.gif

I'm finding the meta really fun in general rn, there's a lot of variety and I'm finding it easy to run a wide range of Pokemon and get their chance to shine, although I have been going on the Y-Com link battles instead of Ranked which got to be so tedious, you're almost forced to use the same few top tier Pokemon to get anywhere and it gets boring, but you see way more variety in the full Y-Com battles.

+Quote this post
Doug
post 17th July 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #320
Group icon

We should totally hold a Gen 8 rate if enough people would take part now that you've mentioned Eiscue - I absolutely LOVE the little thing. This gen has been great with bringing in interesting nichey Pokemon such as that, Runerigus, G/Slowbro, Coalossal, plus more.

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:07 AM