BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 🇬🇧 RDPR UK // S1 E8 // Finale
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 21st November 2019, 07:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The time has come for our first winner to be crowned, but will it be Baga Chipz, The Vivienne or Divina De Campo? The final challenge is the obligitary RuMix, which I'm hyped about if it's as iconic as the Frock Destroyers *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 21st November 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

LOVED that episode and ended up really routing for the winner I won’t name by the end of the episode

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 21st November 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

The episode was so wholesome wub.gif It was a great final episode.

Is it just me or was their choreography some of the hardest that they've done on the show? It looked so difficult compared to a lot of the US choreography, especially with how fast it was at times!

All the queens did amazing and they all looked amazing at the end! I couldn't get how amazing RuPaul looked either!!! Her make up was stunning.

They crowned the right winner at the end.

I can't wait for RPDR UK season 2!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st November 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

That episode was fantastic. This season really has been such a joy to watch. wub.gif The UK queens have brought such a special magic to the show that feels very lacking in the US version.

After that runway look tonight and her performance in the song, I can't deny Viv winning was the right decision. She looked absolutely stunning, and she's put the work in. Part of me's still really disappointed for Divina because she's been so heartwarming and has proven herself week after week, but can still see big things ahead for her <3

Bring on season 2!!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 21st November 2019, 09:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

[I won't do spoiler tags so if you haven't watched the episode it's your problem huns]

I wonder if they filmed both crownings because the winner's reaction was quite visibly fake and underplayed.

It was an obvious winner since they mentioned the drugs TWICE in the episode. Divina was too perfect to be crowned and not in a Bianca way who was leagues beyond anyone else in her season.

This post has been edited by CockDestroyer: 21st November 2019, 09:08 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st November 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah we don't need spoilers bc why would you go in the thread if you haven't watched? laugh.gif

I'm disappointed tbh, I felt like she would win from more or less the start. I mean you can't argue that she's the most polished but I'm disappointed for Divina, plus it just feels like they decided she would win a few weeks ago and edited in something to make Viv more human.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 21st November 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I am happy with viv as the winner she is the most polished, divinia was my favourite (out of the top 3) so I was a little disappointed BUT I can't deny that it was undeserversed for Viv because she KILLED it, in the words of Robbie Turner "there was literally blood on the stage" or whatever it was.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 21st November 2019, 09:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I'm really disappointed at that winner tbh and the lip sync wasn't amazing either, such a bad song choice imo but the rest of the episode was pretty good tbf

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 21st November 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

QUOTE(linds @ Nov 21 2019, 09:52 PM) *
I'm really disappointed at that winner tbh and the lip sync wasn't amazing either, such a bad song choice imo but the rest of the episode was pretty good tbf

I actually really really enjoyed the lipsync and the choice of song and thought they both did brill

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 21st November 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

oh yea they did well with what they had but it was a limited song in terms of what they could really do with it i think

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 21st November 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I feel disappointed as well. Vivienne is good but I just feel like the show has been gearing me to love Divina since about week 3 for me to just feel let down by the time the finale comes.

I feel like Vivienne showed all she had to offer by week 2 and then was just consistent whereas Divina was bringing something surprising each week. Idk just all feels kinda mehhh atm

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 21st November 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #12
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Divina had the best performance and look, I don't get the judges' love for Viv and honestly, who would want to watch a The Vivienne web series?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 22nd November 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #13
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Divina was robbed idk what Ru and Michelle were on saying Viv danced best in that section.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 22nd November 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Fantastic episode, The Vivienne was definitely my winner so I'm very happy although id have been happy with all of them. Sick of people saying Divina was robbed, all 3 were fantastic all won 3 challenges each, no one was robbed that's just your opinion that your fave hasn't won. They will all have huge careers outside of this regardless

This post has been edited by Lukuzz: 22nd November 2019, 02:56 PM

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 22nd November 2019, 07:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Bagga was clearly 3rd there and she defeated herself when she gave her speech.

I think overall on the final the Vivienne was better. I was team Divina, however the Vivienne has been great throughout the whole series too... I guess not always likeable, but I don't think you can argue she didn't deserve the win.

...Are we going to do a UK Queen rate?

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 22nd November 2019, 07:29 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd November 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #16
Group icon
User: 13,007

QUOTE(Lukuzz @ Nov 22 2019, 02:56 PM) *
Fantastic episode, The Vivienne was definitely my winner so I'm very happy although id have been happy with all of them. Sick of people saying Divina was robbed, all 3 were fantastic all won 3 challenges each, no one was robbed that's just your opinion that your fave hasn't won. They will all have huge careers outside of this regardless

I have to agree with this. The Vivienne was so consistent throughout and definitely had bigger highs than Divina (Trump, the rainy day look to name 2). To say she doesn't deserve it is really unwarranted imo.

I warmed to her as a person too. My favourite by the end so I'm really happy with the result.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd November 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #17
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

the vivienne was definitely the most polished product and altho i ended up wanting divina to win, the vivienne is obviously a BRILLIANT choice of winner.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 24th November 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

I didn't find The Vivienne at all endearing but she was the right winner. She will make an amazing web series. Her ability to portray a range of characters means she could play every role if she wanted. She could do a one woman sketch show. She'll be fantastic.

I do like Divina but I don't think her drag personality is anywhere near as entertaining as Viv. For me, Baga is ahead of her in that respect too.

Baga is still the one who's live show I'd most want to see.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: 24th November 2019, 02:12 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:12 AM