BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> "Talk That Talk" (feat. Jay-Z) // 3rd Single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nick F1
post Jan 11 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
Rihanna Unveils 'Talk That Talk' Single Artwork

11th January 2012, 07:04

The Bajan star's title track from her sixth studio album will be the singer's latest release.

Rihanna has seemingly confirmed that she will release 'Talk That Talk' as the next single from her sixth studio album of the same.

Earlier today (11th January) she took to her Twitter account to post a picture of the single's artwork and a message for her fans who helped pick the track.

She tweeted: "#TALKthatTALK love u guys! Been missin u ."

Last month, the star asked fans on her Twitter account to post their suggestions as to what they would like to see released and after an hour the 'We Found Love' singer had picked her choice.

"Ok DONE!!!! I like what I see ... and decisions are MADE!!! #NEXTSINGLE," she posted.

The single features Jay-Z who collaborated with the star on her smash hit 'Umbrella' as well as 'Run This Town' which also featured Kanye West.

Meanwhile, Rihanna took to her Twitter account shortly after the news that Beyonce had given birth to her and husband Jay-Z's child and offered her congratulations to the couple.

You can view a picture of the 'Talk That Talk' single artwork below.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/rihanna/n...-single-single/

Apparently new version of the Talk That Talk will include Kanye West instead of Jay-Z.

This post has been edited by *Tim: Jan 6 2014, 04:47 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 11 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I've heard it's including Kanye & Jay-Z?! Decent choice for the US but I'm not sure how well it will do over here tbh.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 11 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by dannjohn3: Jan 11 2012, 02:24 PM

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post Jan 11 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492
This is quite a sensible choice, but I'm wondering if it will chart well, or if 'You da One' has killed the era...

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jan 11 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I haven't heard the album in it's entirety but this is a good choice imo! From the tracks I've heard, it's severely lacking in the good single department minus WFL and WHYB.

+Quote this post
Doug
post Jan 11 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410
dire choice, easily the worst out of all her singles. even worse if kanye gets his oversized head involved with this. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Eric_Blob
post Jan 12 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,665
I love this song. It was the perfect choice for 3rd single.

I'm not sure if the Kanye thing is true, but if it is, I'm excited for his verse. I also hope they use this to change the instrumental a bit, because whilst it's very good, I think it could still be a bit better. It would also help increase Rihanna's fanbase even more. All the dance-pop lovers like her obviously now, but there's many more fans she could gain from tha hood.

I know everybody on Buzzjack (predictably) wanted Where Have You Been, but you have to realize We Found Love is still in the charts and on the radio, which sounds very similar to WHYB, and Rihanna has just those two club songs on her album really, so it's best she saves the other one for the summer.

In the real world, Talk That Talk is the most popular album track. It's got more views on Youtube, gets a LOT of radio airplay, whilst Where Have You Been gets almost none, it peaked higher on release week in both the UK and the US and it's usually higher on iTunes.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jan 12 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Doug @ Jan 11 2012, 05:10 PM) *
dire choice, easily the worst out of all her singles. even worse if kanye gets his oversized head involved with this. sad.gif

Nothing is worse than 'You Da One'!

I wanted 'Where Have You Been' SO badly, but I have grown to really like this so it's not a bad choice or anything.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 12 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I don't know what her/label are thinking, the biggest song of her career is a dance track, so what do they do? Release two more urban tracks? GREAT PLAN.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 13 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Considering 'Talk That Talk' was more downloaded than the newly announced/premiered 'You Da One' for most of Monday-Wednesday of the albums release, then I'd definitely say this is the most obvious and best choice. (It didn't happen just in the UK, either - TTT was pretty much the most cherry picked track WW, wasn't it?)

+Quote this post
Doug
post Jan 13 2012, 02:57 AM
Post #11
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jan 12 2012, 10:35 PM) *

'you da one' isn't really that bad. tongue.gif not an album highlight but still a damn sight better than TTT.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 13 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Actually, releasing "Talk This Talk" makes sense, as it means "Where Have You Been" can be a HUGE summer smash wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 15 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #13
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Perfect choice for third single, it's what I wanted.

+Quote this post
danG
post Jan 15 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #14
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Yes dance.gif I was worried WHYB would've been chosen because it sounds so much like WFL but I think TTT could be a big hit, it's so much better than YDO for me and sounds like a top 10 smash. I do hope the rumour about Kanye doing the rap on the single version instead of Jay-Z isn't true however - I love Jay-Z's rap heart.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 15 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Honestly the worst possible choice for me. One of my bottom 3 on the album (6/10 at the VERY best), soooo overrated sad.gif It's probably the best logical choice though, it will do a lot better than YDO has I think. With the remix we could be looking at a potential number 1 (though it's out the same week as Elephant by Alexandra Burke, which I think should comdemn RiRi to another number 2 laugh.gif)!

+Quote this post
CME
post Jan 16 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 7,172
I hope they don't rush into this release. 'We Found Love' is only starting to die down now, and I think or should I say, hope, that 'You da One' can capitalise at last and get a decent peak position. I really adore 'You da One', it's easily the cutest Rih song ever wub.gif The music video is criminally underrated as well.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jan 16 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
They need to forget 'You Da One' ever happened and move on immediately, I'll never understand what sort of drugs they took when they made that decision.

I actually really love 'Talk That Talk' now, if they'd released this and 'Where Have You Been' 2nd/3rd in either order this era would look quite decent singleswise despite the album itself being horseshit.

+Quote this post
CME
post Jan 16 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 7,172
The album also has 'Drunk on Love', 'Roc Me Out' and 'Farewell' to make the album look better. ALL my friends are obsessed with those tracks moreso than 'You da One' and 'Talk That Talk'. But 5 or more singles would be a Rih overkill all over again drama.gif

This post has been edited by » Marky: Jan 16 2012, 11:37 PM

+Quote this post
Post #19
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jan 12 2012, 10:35 PM) *

I wanted 'Where Have You Been' SO badly, but I have grown to really like this so it's not a bad choice or anything.

Yeah definitely cant be worse then You Da One. I'm happy with this single choice, i have no doubt Where Have You Been will be next!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Jan 23 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Very poor choice of single and I hope it bombs like "you da one". She should have released "where have you been" instead which will be an instant smash. She is far more suited to her dancier material than urban.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:51 PM