BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Be The One • First Single, Dua Lipa • 30/10/15 | Re-release: 30/12/16
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post Nov 28 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
sad.gif As brilliant as this is let's move onto something fresh please!

This post has been edited by jase.: Nov 28 2016, 12:11 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Nov 28 2016, 12:48 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
I'm wondering why Warner is pushing "Be the One" now in the UK when they could have done it after "Last Dance" didn't do a lot as they expected and it was having some success in Europe and Oceania. Personally, it would have better to do that, but I assume her label is trying to capitalize her overseas success with this song to launch the album instead of a new track.

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Nov 27 2016, 06:42 PM) *
I wonder if Europe will get a new single while we are trying with Be The One again, I'll be intrigued to see how good it is if so and whether they've made a mistake here.
The rest of European countries and Oceania will definitely get a new single. I mean, it will dumb from Warner trying to push again "Be the One" when it reached the Top 10 in Australia and the Netherlands for example. However, I'm not confident at that if it's considered how Warner is. drama.gif

That said, I guess it's a guarantee that the German speaking countries (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) will get a new one because she's signed with Vertigo/Capitol there and they aren't going to re-release "Be the One" there. Another possibility is that they may try to push a previously released song from her ("New Love" or "Last Dance", even "Room for 2" in a lesser extent) if they aren't allowed [*] to release a new song. If this is the case, it will be interesting to see which track they think it will be the best to promote the album, considering that "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)" will not be that one.

[*] In the hypothetical case that Warner has more weight in the decisions about releases than Vertigo/Capitol and Warner doesn't want a new song from her to be out before the release of the album.

This post has been edited by Juan Carlos 🕊: Nov 28 2016, 12:50 AM

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Nov 29 2016, 02:45 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
Yeah, they have really been bouncing around with the single releases -- very messy release strategies thus far. I agree that they should put out something fresh and push it worldwide. I do think Be The One could be a big UK smash though, at least more so than any of the other existing options.

+Quote this post
jakee
post Dec 1 2016, 03:45 AM
Post #24
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
i think this is proof that she is done...when you have to revert (wobblingly) to your first single to push/launch your debut era suggests your people have run out of ideas / a path to launch you via...she clearly has appalling a&r that has failed her. she can hang out with claire maguire, little boots for the school of major label falls

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Dec 5 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
Music Video: (Version #2)

It's uploaded on VEVO's channel. confused.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post Dec 5 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
QUOTE(Jake @ Dec 1 2016, 03:45 AM) *
claire maguire

Elizabeth Taylor looks like it could be a hit for her.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Dec 5 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
first I thought this looks high budget (for her standards) and why would she spent money on it when she already had a video, and then Lexus car came in and you know that she gave no penny for this lol.

I am over this song to be honest, when i saw her in concert 2 weeks ago she sang 2 other songs that I never heard and they sounded amazing ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Dec 7 2016, 03:59 AM
Post #28
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Juan Carlos �� @ Nov 27 2016, 04:48 PM) *
That said, I guess it's a guarantee that the German speaking countries (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) will get a new one because she's signed with Vertigo/Capitol there and they aren't going to re-release "Be the One" there. Another possibility is that they may try to push a previously released song from her ("New Love" or "Last Dance", even "Room for 2" in a lesser extent) if they aren't allowed [*] to release a new song. If this is the case, it will be interesting to see which track they think it will be the best to promote the album, considering that "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)" will not be that one.

[*] In the hypothetical case that Warner has more weight in the decisions about releases than Vertigo/Capitol and Warner doesn't want a new song from her to be out before the release of the album.
...or they'll probably just stick to "No Lie" like the US is going to do when BYM eventually peaks there

Still don't get the appeal to "Be The One" anyway

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 7 2016, 03:21 PM
Post #29
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Jake @ Dec 1 2016, 03:45 AM) *
i think this is proof that she is done...when you have to revert (wobblingly) to your first single to push/launch your debut era suggests your people have run out of ideas / a path to launch you via...she clearly has appalling a&r that has failed her. she can hang out with claire maguire, little boots for the school of major label falls

I wouldn't agree with this actually! Be the One never got a proper push in the UK, not to the extent of Hotter Than Hell and Blow Your Mind (Mwah), and it has proven popularity in other countries so I'd say it could be quite a smart move. Most of the general public won't know it's an older song anyway I expect!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Dec 22 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
Any further news on this fifth single?

+Quote this post
post Jan 2 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
This had so much promo on NYE! Top the the Pops and then the Fireworks! Went back up to #35 on iTunes!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 2 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #32
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
Queen of new year on iTunes and Spotify *.*

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 PM