BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, 4 August 2017 | Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne, Rihanna, Ethan Hawke
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 29th March 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

A shame that this isn't getting loads of hype because it actually looks so cool, the visual effects look spectacular and I do quite like the two leads a fair bit too. Rihanna also looks amazing in the short clip we get of her *-*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 29th March 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
URGH. Whoever told Cara Delevingne she could act needs shot.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 29th March 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Saw the trailer for this before Power Rangers last night and it gave me Jupiter Ascending vibes (which is definitely not a good thing laugh.gif But I do think this trailer is a bit better than the trailer for that was)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 4th August 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Was a bit sceptical of this as I've never once been impressed by either of the two leads once yet but I found it pretty interesting. Both of them do a good job here though and come across pretty likeable, I liked how spunky Cara's character was and how charming Dane's was. Rihanna was also a big highlight for the 10 minutes of screen-time she got too, her species seemed really interesting which made her one of the more fun characters plus her dance act/costume change show was amazing *-* You can tell they had a huge budget for this too, some of the backgrounds and CGI were mesmerising, I so badly want to live on the planet Mül now.

On the bad side of things, it is far too long, they could've easily cut about 20 minutes of it because it really does drag quite a bit and I was just hoping it would end after a while. Some of the dialogue needed to be fixed too, it was hard not to find lines like 'I only want you on my playlist' very awkward to witness even as a viewer. Finally, Clive Owen needs to stop taking himself so seriously heehee.gif

Overall, I thought it was a fun flick but definitely has big flicks and not something I'd rewatch in a hurry even if parts of it were fun and also very visually pleasing.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 5th August 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
The more I've heard about this the more I've gone off the idea

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread