BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kimberley Walsh - Elf The Musical, runs 5 October - 2 January
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
panther25
post Jul 3 2015, 08:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
New Entry
User: 18,153
http://www.dominiontheatre.com/theatre/elf/

Based on the beloved 2003 New Line Cinema hit starring Will Ferrell, ELF features songs by Tony Award nominees Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin (The Wedding Singer), with a book by Tony Award winners Thomas Meehan (Annie, The Producers, Hairspray) and Bob Martin (The Drowsy Chaperone). The production will feature direction and choreography by Morgan Young (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang), set design and costumes by Olivier Award winner Tim Goodchild, lighting design by Olivier Award winner Tim Lutkin, with sound design by Clem Rawling.

ELF is the hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported back to the North Pole. Unaware that he is actually human, Buddy’s enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, discover his true identity, and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Starring the winner of ITV’s Superstar Ben Forster as Buddy the Elf and Girls Aloud‘s Kimberley Walsh as Jovie, the production will also feature Joe McGann as Walter Hobbs and Jessica Martin as Emily Hobbs. They will be joined by Jennie Dale as Deb, Mark McKerracher as Santa and Graham Lappin as Store Manager. Further casting is yet to be announced.

Promo pictures are out.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Jul 3 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
Oh god that outfit laugh.gif

Good for her though she got a new musical to starr in.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 20 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Elf the Musical could well be the most expensive West End show of all time.

Tickets to go and see the festive production in London this Christmas will set you back between £51.80 and £240 - and no, that isn't a typo.

As Time Out London reports, a family of four would have to spend £207.20 for nosebleed seats, or an absurd £960 for the best spot in the house.

Elf the Musical is set to open for a ten-week run at the Dominion Theatre on October 24.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a...~plV4hS7WCISI1R

Only Kimberley could demand such ridiculous prices coffee.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Aug 20 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
I would only pay £960 to see Kimberley if the other 4 were there.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Aug 20 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #5
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Although tbh, we'd pay £960 to see Nadine and Sarah, and the other three can come and go as they please xx

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 20 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
I'd only pay £960 if all of Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Saturdays, Spice Girls, Little Mix and All Saints performed a 100-song set list together tbqh.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Aug 20 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
QUOTE(Lana Del Jay @ Aug 20 2015, 07:47 PM) *
I'd only pay £960 if all of Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Saturdays, Spice Girls, Little Mix and All Saints performed a 100-song set list together tbqh.

That battle of the girl bands rate I did last year, but live! *.*

(And in the correct order of 100-1, i.e. only you and me could decided the setlist Jay x)

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Aug 20 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
The West End does go up in price every year. Most stalls tickets are £60 nowadays.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 20 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Aug 20 2015, 07:49 PM) *
That battle of the girl bands rate I did last year, but live! *.*

(And in the correct order of 100-1, i.e. only you and me could decided the setlist Jay x)

*.* Perfect! Basically all of Joseph's particular faves will be snubbed. x

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Sep 4 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
Is anyone planning to go then?

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Sep 4 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
Because I won't. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Nov 6 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Elf the Musical: Critics give mixed reviews for 'overpriced' show

Critics have given a lukewarm reaction to Elf the Musical, the West End version of the hit 2003 comedy film.

Jesus Christ Superstar lead Ben Forster appears as Buddy the elf with former Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh as his love interest Jovie.

The production made headlines earlier this year when it was revealed to be the most expensive West End show, with top tickets at £240 each.

The Telegraph described the show as "magic for a steep price".

Critic Dominic Cavendish said: "This is bound to make a lot of kids very happy even if leaves a lot of parents very broke."

Although he said the production "feels generic", he had much praise for Forster - playing the role made famous by Will Ferrell on the big screen.

The musical - which first ran on Broadway - retells the story of a 30-year-old man who is brought up as one of Santa's elves, but travels to New York to meet his real father when he discovers he is human.

"He's no Ferrell, but this perfect specimen of arrested masculine development still twinkles cutely, brightly, sweetly," Cavendish said.

In his three-star review, The Stage's Mark Shenton said the show was an "amiable, good-natured seasonal show", but was an "overpriced Christmas spectacle".

He also praised Forster's performance, but added: "Other parts are a bit two-dimensional by comparison, but Kimberley Walsh as the improbably loveless love interest, Joe McGann as Elf's real-life father and Jessica Martin as his perky step-mother are enjoyably likeable."

The Daily Mail's Quentin Letts described the show as "reasonably entertaining", but "left me a little cold".

Meanwhile, What's On Stage criticised the production's "horribly bland plot", with "surprisingly forgettable songs".

But it added Forster was show's "saving grace", saying: "He delivers the jokes for the adults with a dead-pan innocence and he can certainly sing. But it's the comedy that he excels at here, and which will woo even the most bah humbug of audience members."

The Arts Desk was most scathing in its review, saying the musical was not worth the cost of its top priced ticket.

"It's calculatedly middle-of-the-road, a trait exacerbated by this uninspired British production, lacking the power and pizzazz that apparently made the Broadway version palatable," it said.

"It's both too simplistic and too long (a stodgy two and a half hours) to demand the attention of younger viewers, and, aside from a bluesy number featuring disillusioned store Santas and an animal rights gag, there's precious little for parents."

Elf runs at the Dominion Theatre until 2 January.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:58 AM