BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shawn Mendes: WonderInc., Off-topic, general chat!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post Jul 28 2019, 08:48 PM
Post #1
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Thread for general chat and off-topic Shawn related discussion that you think may not warrant its own thread, etc! happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 29 2019, 01:21 PM
Post #2
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Not the most upbeat way to kick off this topic(!), but Shawn has come under fire for his abrupt non-answer at one of his recent Q&As:

People have been criticising him for being rude here, considering the amount of money that fans spend to attend the Q&As, only for him to choose not to answer a rather straight forward question!

There's been some reading between the lines going on that he dodged the question because it's about Camila, which is supposedly a subject matter that is off limits (although the hypocrisy of this has been pointed out given their PDA in recent weeks). It's also been discussed that the song was written almost a year ago, when Camila was still in a relationship... so he either inadvertently revealed that the song was written about a woman who was seeing someone else, or that the song wasn't about Camila at all but he decided to imply that it actually is. Either way, kind of awkward!

He replied to the criticism (although he seems to have deleted the tweet now?) -

"Hey! There was no bad intention here. If you were there you would have known it was the last question & that’s why I decided to turn it into a light hearted funny goodbye! Sorry if that upset anyone, I adore you guys! No need for any negativity. ❤️"

What do you guys think? Admittedly I'd have to say I'd be disappointed if I was brushed off like that, even if he was attempting to be jokey in the moment.

I'm actually kind of surprised that he does Q&A sessions at this stage of his career, because it has lead to some rather uncomfortable encounters. For instance, the recent request from an LGBTQ fan asking if Shawn would come out to her parents on her behalf, and him swerving that request because that's something personal she should do herself (which I completely agree with). That caused a bit of a furore on Twitter as well! I personally think he handled that situation as best as he could when put on the spot like that, however his reassurances that all parents love their children no matter what was an ignorant thing to say, even though that clearly came from a well intended place.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 29 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

The entire Camila relationship feels kinda forced / like a PR stunt and I'm not that surprised he swerved the question, but I can't lie, I laughed at his response there! If I asked that question, I'd have simply been happy he acknowledged me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jul 29 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #4
nabad

I do think there are some pressed fans out there who are just trying to find any excuse to create some drama or controversy out of what he is (or isn't) saying at the Q&As. The girl who asked him to help her come out to her parents for instance - when I read that I was thinking that's... not really something you should be asking your favourite artist to do, or putting them in an awkward position like that. He did the right thing, but he maybe could have chosen some better words. kink.gif

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jul 31 2019, 10:07 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Someone asked him to tell their parents she was gay? People are so strange and inappropriate goodness me!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 2 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #6
nabad

Alessia Cara And Shawn Mendes Surprise Kids At Pediatric Hospital

Alessia Cara and Shawn Mendes are giving back in an important way.

The two young Canadian stars visited Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, a pediatric hospital system in the state of Georgia, on Wednesday. “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest shared photos from the special day on Instagram.

“Such an incredible day at Children’s Atlanta with back-to-back visits from Shawn Mendes and Alessia Cara,” he captioned the Instagram post on Wednesday. “The kids will be wearing those smiles for a very long time. Thank you both for making this happen smile.gif

Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta was sure to post a couple photos of Mendes on its own Instagram as well.

Mendes, 20, was in town for a concert in Atlanta. He specifically went to meet 17-year-old Catherine Williams. In May, Williams was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a form of cancer that produces immature bones.

“I was so surprised when I first heard about it. I had no idea it was going to happen,” Williams said after finding out about the visit. “I’m definitely most excited about meeting him. I’ve never met somebody that famous before.”

So nice to see them both taking the time out to go and do this wub.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Aug 2 2019, 09:56 PM
Post #7

I've seen some photos of that on Twitter, such a lovely thing to do! wub.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Aug 7 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #8

A fan asked Taylor Swift her favourite song from Shawn Mendes: The Album at one of her secret sessions recently and she said There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back kink.gif!

Stan anyway tbh *.*

+Quote Post
Taftyłłł
post Aug 7 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #9
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Tbh they should've worded it better. They should've said his "self-titled album" or something. I probs woulda assumed she missed hearing "The Album" and just went for her favourite Shawn song.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 7 2019, 02:14 PM
Post #10
nabad

Mess

We need a Shawn/Taylor collab some time in the very near future though tbh

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 11 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #11
nabad

Billboard have posted an article with their '15 best Shawn songs' (link HERE)! Do you agree with their picks? Are there any you'd replace?

1. In My Blood
2. A Little Too Much
3. Nervous
4. Stitches
5. Treat You Better
6. Lost in Japan
7. If I Can't Have You
8. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
9. Where Were You in the Morning?
10. Mercy
11. Fallin' All In You
12. Don't Be a Fool
13. Perfectly Wrong
14. Something Big
15. Seńorita

I do really like Where Were You in the Morning? and think it's one of the more underrated from the self-titled, but I don't think I'd have it among his best 15 songs.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Aug 12 2019, 09:58 PM
Post #12

It's a solid list, though not perfect! Don't Be a Fool definitely sticks out for me.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 12 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #13
nabad

Yeah Don't Be a Fool... I definitely wouldn't have in a top 15.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Aug 14 2019, 01:36 PM
Post #14

Shawn's wax figure at Madame Tussauds Berlin! ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 14 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #15
nabad

Amazing, would love to go and see it at some point wub.gif

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 16 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #16
nabad

Shawn won a Teen Choice Award on 11 August for Choice Male Artist, although was unable to collect it in person due to 21st birthday celebrations, oops

Congratulations Shawn cheer.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Oct 1 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #17

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 1 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #18
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

we-

+Quote Post
Calum
post Oct 1 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #19
nabad

omfg !!

tbh idk how I feel about this bc his hair rn is perfection *.* but I'm sure he could pull it off x

+Quote Post
Calum
post Oct 2 2019, 07:29 PM
Post #20
nabad

Shawn's featured in the music video for Alessia Cara's song October, which is apparently a bunch of grouped together memories from summer 2019! Looks incredible as per wub.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:24 PM