BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Who should be the next PM, Conservative Leadership Election 2022
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
who is the next PM and Conservative leader?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 57
Guests cannot vote 
Chez Wombat
post 9th July 2022, 08:38 PM
Post #21
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I think my money's still on Sunak as he seems like the one that could repair their image the most and the last two contests here resulted in the frontrunner winning.

I'd prefer Mr. Blobby as PM over most of these, in a tactical sense, I guess Hunt would be my preferred one as a bit more 'safe pair of hands', but also just cos I can't imagine capturing the public or the media's imagination much so may continue to sink them x (I would obvs like an election and Starmer winning, but that seems the most fantasy one out of all of these choices, even Boris staying on!)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 9th July 2022, 09:16 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Izzy 💀☄ @ Jul 9 2022, 11:06 AM) *

Well, reading this article for the first time here...(I don't read The Times) she contradicts herself right off the bat by rattling on about protectionism being a thing and voting Brexit to free Britain to create golden opportunities. Brexit is utterly Protectionist in practice cos nobody is stupid enough to give us a better deal than we had in the EU and The Tories have failed to do any deal that is better than one we had in the EU, which is why they dont even try now and never mention it. The last one (Australia) has upset farmers, oh dear never mind, join the fisherman in being shafted and worse off. Just like gloomy Remoaners said would happen. Note, not a single concrete idea on HOW to achieve the glowing future, just repeating the Cameron mantra of cuts cuts cuts as the way forward and we all recall how well that turned out.

Lower taxes? Well yes every politician promises that. Not happened, wont happen till just before the next election, and it's not actually a tax cut for workers, it's a reduction in the amount paid overall after the increase in NI. Doesnt matter who says it. They all say it.

Cannot allow populism to take a hold? Oh that's hilarious. They all voted in a populist PM and then knifed him in the back when it all went tits up electorally. Brexit anyone?

Immoral and oppressive to minorities. Sweetie, black British people were illegally sent "home" to the Caribbean and elsewhere ONLY 5 YEARS AGO BY YOUR PREVIOUS LEADER. Sounds a bit racist to me, but then I'm not Black so I'm sure you know better. Oh, and it's obviously not racist to send illegal desperate immigrants from countries we abandoned after butting in on their business to the middle of Africa? Hmmm, I think the rest of the world will take some convincing, but I'm sure you know best.

I do agree about the shutting down of debate being wrong. It just is. If views you believe in cant be argued for and challenged without resorting to personal attacks then those views are either very weak or badly presented, and are not going to convince anyone to change their mind - quite the reverse. You not only make an enemy of the person victimised, make them look like the victim but also potentially risk alienating their friends and family and beyond as word spreads about the techniques used against them. And people stop discussing issues and then just vote for some twat who represents their view and suddenly there's a culture war instead of people being willing to talk to each other sensibly.

Streamlined Government: here she goes seriously apeshit. Local Gov has been streamlined to the point where it is failing to achieve anything other emptying the bins, so not quite sure where she is getting her "facts" from. If you have policies you have to pay people to carry them out. It's really quite simple. Not unlike someone that fails to understand that. Starting to sound like a soundbite alternative to saying Cuts Cuts Cuts again.

Oh, and don't get me going about the Online Safety thing being all wokey and lefty. Sounding a bit heartless here. "I dont care about people bullied online and driven to suicide". Some cocky journo should challenge her on what exactly she's rattling on about. Cos thats what it sounds like...it's not all about "hurt feelings". Presumably she sounds up for everyone slagging her off and hurting her feelings and is quite happy about that. She'll love this response then as I exercise my right to say what I want about her shit article.

And finally Free Markets: good luck with that one. See Brexit comment - its about having things to sell to others without getting penalised by foreign taxes not about importing shit as cheap as you can get it. Sounding a bit thick quoting ancient free market thinkers but not following what it means. And finally, oh yes, some of us have slightly differing values and beliefs that we also believe in with all our hearts. That is also called patriotism. Your way does not get to hide behind what populsits usually hide behind: Flag-waving.

There. Hopefully ended her attempt to be PM......

You're welcome.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 10th July 2022, 09:14 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Suella Braverman really is horrendous. She was barely on my radar before this, but what an absolute horror.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 10th July 2022, 09:30 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Credit to the Tory Party though, when it comes to being rich they show someone's ethnicity and gender is a universal leveller in terms of an ability to be completely blinkered towards those that didn't have rich parents giving them a leg-up access to the top rich and powerful in society (and those abroad in some cases). "If you're not rich it's your own fault for not working hard enough"...

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 10th July 2022, 10:13 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Sajid Javid said on Sunday Morning on BBC that he always paid correct taxes ‘within the UK’ when asked if he had anything to hide. This was following saying he worked around the world in the US and Singapore. Sounds very specific to me!

+Quote this post
JulianT
post 10th July 2022, 10:34 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,705
Put Wallace for want but obviously it won’t be him. Sunak for prediction though it’s not the most inspiring of fields certainly.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th July 2022, 11:55 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I would have said Penny Mordaunt as the least terrible option, but she is as vile as the rest, now she has decided that she'll pander to the transphobic buzz to ostensibly further her career.

Suella Braverman would actually quite possibly be worse than Boris which says a tonne, she really is an absolute horror and then some. It's like someone blended Nigel Farage and Priti Patel and something malfunctioned and the combination SOMEHOW got worse. Honestly let's go her or Nadine Dorries and just utterly tank the Tories at this point...

+Quote this post
Smint
post 10th July 2022, 12:15 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
The thing is a few of the large number of gay male Tory MPs (25 openly) expressed concern about the anti LGBT direction of the party under Johnson over last week. Wonder if they speak out about this toxic hate fest.

Bet Mordant's despicable U turn won't work as the scum in the far right media will use her easier broadly supportive comments against her. Badenoch appears to be their darling.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 10th July 2022, 12:25 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 10 2022, 11:55 AM) *
I would have said Penny Mordaunt as the least terrible option, but she is as vile as the rest, now she has decided that she'll pander to the transphobic buzz to ostensibly further her career.

I can't believe this is real.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th July 2022, 12:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
WAT

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 10th July 2022, 12:36 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
I still think Liz Truss is probably going to get most of the support from the party when her campaign gets going — an heir to Thatcher at a crucial time in history, or something.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 10th July 2022, 12:37 PM
Post #32
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
meanwhile we have one(1) candidate so far not making it about culture war:

and he's awful too

utterly bizarre and an indictment of how unfit this party is to lead if they're bending over backwards to the TERF brigade (and a huge lack of spine from Mordaunt there) and making that front and centre of the leadership campaign rather than... how they're fixing the country's economic problems...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th July 2022, 12:37 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
It will be Sunak for sure, as obvious aa it was that Blojo the Clown would get it last time. I wish Blojo had hung on a little longer and called an election, sealing their fate!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th July 2022, 12:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Too late to change my prefer vote to anyone that isn't a TERF? I know the Tories are bad, but they're not Republican-level bad. Jesus Christ, of all the issues to focus on...

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th July 2022, 12:49 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Trans people are less than 1% of the population, and this whole leadership race seems to be about oppressing them even more. It's not like the country is going down in flames or anything, don't worry about that babes x

This feels like a Section 28 moment for trans people and it's just so so sad, especially when like I said, the country is an absolute PIT, there are so many issues to sort out, and instead this is what's happening.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 10th July 2022, 12:51 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
One can only hope - and I'm fairly confident in saying this - that most of the public who are seeing their energy bills go up to eye-watering levels will see rhetoric like this as absolutely ridiculous with that in mind and switch their vote to Labour if it wasn't there already.

Transphobic nuts are also, thankfully, a minority.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th July 2022, 01:00 PM
Post #37
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
I think the time has come for the most consistently agreeable member of the Cabinet since 2011 to finally have his turn as PM.

Of course referring to Larry, Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office.

(lmao when I went to get that link I see it's currently been vandalised correctly edited to give him the title of 'Acting Prime Minister')

+Quote this post
Smint
post 10th July 2022, 01:26 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
I'm not 100% sure Sunak. Johnson is going to try every trick in the book to enact revenge on him.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 10th July 2022, 01:36 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I would say I'm disappointed in Penny Mordaunt for nailing her colours to the TERF mast, but she is a Tory and none of them are to be trusted at the end of the day.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th July 2022, 01:50 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Izzy 💀☄ @ Jul 10 2022, 01:51 PM) *
One can only hope - and I'm fairly confident in saying this - that most of the public who are seeing their energy bills go up to eye-watering levels will see rhetoric like this as absolutely ridiculous with that in mind and switch their vote to Labour if it wasn't there already.

Transphobic nuts are also, thankfully, a minority.

I think you're right, people are struggling more than than ever and I think (and hope and pray) that such a tone deaf leadership race in which the party are aligning with a minority of loons rather than actually covering anything that needs to be addressed will be a nail in the coffin. People should have realised the Tories don't stand for anyone but themselves way sooner into the past 12 years of misery, but hey ho

+Quote this post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:16 AM