BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radical Optimism • Third Album, 03/05/24
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post 13th March 2024, 11:05 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Excellent title.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Scene
post 13th March 2024, 11:53 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Brilliant title, disappointing artwork. Very curious to hear her Blondie cover. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th March 2024, 08:34 AM
Post #123
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Variants available on Dua's store:
https://ukshop.dualipa.com/

split colour vinyl in transparent dark blue & white (+collectable 8 page book featuring lyrics and exclusive photos) - £40.00
curacao blue vinyl - £25.00
clear cassette - £15.00
lenticular CD - £12.00

Recycled red vinyl available at HMV - £27.00
https://hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/radical-o...d-edition-vinyl

Variants available on Amazon

Clear vinyl - £27.99
Dark blue vinyl - SOLD OUT

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th March 2024, 04:45 PM
Post #124
Group icon
baddest of them all

Urban Outfitters Glow in the Dark Vinyl

Walmart Sky Blue Vinyl

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 14th March 2024, 04:49 PM
Post #125
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Take all my money mother!!!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 14th March 2024, 05:42 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I’m not taken by any of the variants. I guess the curacao one maybe feels like the best fit

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 14th March 2024, 07:48 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Spotify sent me a msg sayinf that Dua had prepared domethign JUST FOR ME, as one of her biggest fans... As long as I go and order this limitrd edition album version on her website by such and such a day. But ... I don't use spotify, so how I can be one of her biggest fans? Aso, this album is available for EVERYONE to buy anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post 14th March 2024, 07:59 PM
Post #128
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591

Love the title and cover!

Wasn’t a fan of ‘Training Season’ but ‘Houdini’ is IT. One of my fav songs of the recent year. Very looking forward to this!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 14th March 2024, 10:05 PM
Post #129
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

The title definitely has me intrigued about the album. It's not what I was expecting based on the sound of Houdini or Training Season but here for it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th March 2024, 02:59 PM
Post #130
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Anita Hanjaab @ Mar 14 2024, 07:48 PM) *
Spotify sent me a msg sayinf that Dua had prepared domethign JUST FOR ME, as one of her biggest fans... As long as I go and order this limitrd edition album version on her website by such and such a day. But ... I don't use spotify, so how I can be one of her biggest fans? Aso, this album is available for EVERYONE to buy anyway laugh.gif

Whereas I stream her on Spotify all the time but didn't get an email about this rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 15th March 2024, 08:21 PM
Post #131
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Mar 15 2024, 02:59 PM) *
Whereas I stream her on Spotify all the time but didn't get an email about this rotf.gif

!!!!

Subject: Dua Lipa made you something special

Dua Lipa
Thanks for being a fan

To celebrate her new album, radical optimism, Dua Lipa designed this limited-edition picture disc exclusively for her top fans on Spotify.

A limited quantity is available for this offer - until March 28, 2024 at 3:00 PM GMT or while supplies last - so act quickly!

There is a picture of Dua with the tag, fans first! And a picturw of the album cover after the email text

I don't even use spotify!! I use youtube.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 18th March 2024, 03:30 PM
Post #132
Group icon
baddest of them all

Silver variant available at Barnes & Noble
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/radical-op...lipa/1145066800

+Quote this post
conorw
post 18th March 2024, 11:19 PM
Post #133
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 137,667

Grabbed the cd cassette art card signed bundle! Hopefully the thing bout Presale codes mean we get a tour announcement soon!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 19th March 2024, 07:18 PM
Post #134
Group icon
baddest of them all

Great new interview for Variety

Some bits from it:
The resulting album is bright, energized and fresh—something you’d expect from Lipa, but expanding the margins on the disco-pop of “Nostalgia” into more experimental territory. Lead singles “Houdini” and “Training Season” set the table for “Optimism”; both are revved-up dance anthems in line with the pace and sound of the record at large.

You talk about your eureka moment. What was that for you?

It was a song called “Illusion.” That was a song where I felt like lyrically, I got this radical optimism. I felt very strong in the moment when I was writing that song, because it was really seeing past someone’s bullshit, I guess, for lack of a better word. And understanding it for what it is and just entertaining it for the hell of it, even though you see what’s happening. But I felt in a stronger power of position, because I was like maybe before, I would have fallen for something like this and now I can dance with the illusion, and it’s something for me too, you know? I think musically also, when Kevin and Danny came together and it was the live drums and the synths and the big music breakdown, in my head the big dance moment, when all those came together it was just a feeling. I had a feeling and I was like, now I have something to bounce off of. And in that first week, even though sonically they’re in the same world but they’re very different, I wrote “Illusion” and then I wrote “Happy for You” and “Happy for You” is a much bigger ballad, in a way. Somewhat. I wouldn’t really classify it as a ballad. Because I don’t do songs that are slow and big and emotional, but I just put them in the ballad section, I’m like, I don’t do those. But this feels almost in a world where I can really have this epic singing record that I was able to be very vulnerable and open in. But still sonically, it has this tremolo sound that I’m really obsessed with and it’s Kevin’s voice replicated. We use it as a sample throughout. That was just a moment for me to be really vulnerable and open and honest in what was happening in my life at that point. But I feel overall, in this whole record, I just grew as I was writing. I feel like I matured throughout.

You’ve said that this album is inspired by Britpop, but it still sounds like a hard-nosed pop record. How did Britpop inspire you and speak to how the songs were shaped?

Well, for me, I think the Britpop element that really came to me was the influences of Oasis and Massive Attack and Portishead and Primal Scream, and the freedom and the energy those records had. I love the experimentation behind it. And of course, it’s a pop record. I’m a pop artist, that’s what I do. But I think overall, the different sounds that are being used, the different breaks in the music, the use of musical samples, whether that’s with Kevin’s voice or with the different instruments that we used, overall it was me going completely out of what I knew, and exploring something different. And that’s what I got from my inspiration. I wasn’t going into Britpop and being like, I’m making this record that sounds exactly like… Because it doesn’t. But it’s a feeling that they portray that when I hear “Teardrop” by Massive Attack and I’m like, how did this song even come to be? It feels like it just happened in a moment of real freedom and writing and emotion, and I think that was just the feeling I was trying to convey more than anything.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 21st March 2024, 04:44 PM
Post #135
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

So it's nothing like Britpop in the end? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 27th March 2024, 05:33 PM
Post #136
Group icon
baddest of them all

Selena.png

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 3rd April 2024, 07:24 PM
Post #137
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

Chapter one.

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 4th April 2024, 05:17 PM
Post #138
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

New vinyl and cassette with an alternate cover have been added to her official store.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th April 2024, 03:45 AM
Post #139
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Here it is:

Sadly the alternate cover isn't doing it for me! While the vibe of it is more along the lines of what I expected for this album (than the shark cover), I don't particularly like the picture they've used of her, or the execuction (the crop / text placement). Just not feeling it! cry.gif

My wallet remains safe... for the time being. thinking.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th April 2024, 01:43 PM
Post #140
Group icon
baddest of them all

That alternate cover art is a choice

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
RobBot + 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:44 PM