BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Game of Thrones (Season 6), first trailer released
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post 1st July 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #161
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Yeah, I'd like it if the White Walkers could be dealt with early next season, personally. I am not here for them trying to get their faces in during the main climax in the final episodes of the show.

I always thought the White Walkers were an exciting threat, but post season 4 they've kind of haulted in their development and really just aren't too interesting anymore. I do like following Bran though.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post 1st July 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #162
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jul 1 2016, 11:43 PM) *
Perhaps Winter will actually finally arrive and kill all and sundry and the iron throne will be empty forever more.

That would certainly be BOLD, I'd quite like it though. If only because it would mean BSG might finally cede it's title of incredible show with least satisfying finale.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 1st July 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #163
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I'd disagree. Part of my love of the universe is this growing sense of impending doom that they present as a force of nature that will eventually make the (otherwise interesting) intrigue meaningless and that those like Littlefinger and Cersei who are desperate for power are severely blinkered in what's coming for them, that's a pretty large subtext especially in the war of the 5 kings and it should be even more so now. At Hardhome when they made themselves as a threat very clear is the show's best for me, by a long way, through the sheer adrenaline it presented. If I had one criticism of season 6 is that they or the threat of them wasn't present enough, they need to get beyond the Wall very soon to make this final confrontation even more desperate.

No, they shouldn't win, I don't think they have the capability to 'win', they don't have goals in the same way the others do, but what they should do is present enough of a threat to severely disrupt and cause loss to all of the human sides and give the last seasons a truly apocalyptic feel. And eventually it'll be them against Daenerys and the remnants of the other factions, ice against fire.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 2nd July 2016, 08:45 AM
Post #164
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jul 2 2016, 12:07 AM) *
I'd disagree. Part of my love of the universe is this growing sense of impending doom that they present as a force of nature that will eventually make the (otherwise interesting) intrigue meaningless and that those like Littlefinger and Cersei who are desperate for power are severely blinkered in what's coming for them, that's a pretty large subtext especially in the war of the 5 kings and it should be even more so now. At Hardhome when they made themselves as a threat very clear is the show's best for me, by a long way, through the sheer adrenaline it presented. If I had one criticism of season 6 is that they or the threat of them wasn't present enough, they need to get beyond the Wall very soon to make this final confrontation even more desperate.

No, they shouldn't win, I don't think they have the capability to 'win', they don't have goals in the same way the others do, but what they should do is present enough of a threat to severely disrupt and cause loss to all of the human sides and give the last seasons a truly apocalyptic feel. And eventually it'll be them against Daenerys and the remnants of the other factions, ice against fire.

I largely agree with this. It would be a bit of a cop-out if they were dealt with way before the end and there weren't serious casualties on all sides. That said, I always feel like the show's human villains are more interesting and would rather than it ultimately came down to them following a devastating battle against the White Walkers.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 2nd July 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #165
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Basically agree with Iz too. They're needed for the show's big bad. I like the climate change subtext too. Politicians being too busy bickering amongst themselves to the changing of the weather as the biggest threat to their way of life.

Additionally somebody pointed this out to me recently -
The three main characters to die at the red wedding
Greywind - crossbow
Robb Stark - stabbed to death
Catelyn - throat slit

The three main instigators of the red wedding -
Tyson - death by crossbow
Roose Bolton - stabbed to death
Walter Frey - throat slit

And the circle is complete

This post has been edited by Severin: 2nd July 2016, 06:42 PM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 2nd July 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #166
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Severin @ Jul 2 2016, 07:41 PM) *
Additionally somebody pointed this out to me recently -
The three main characters to die at the red wedding
Greywind - crossbow
Robb Stark - stabbed to death
Catelyn - throat slit

The three main instigators of the red wedding -
Tyson - death by crossbow
Roose Bolton - stabbed to death
Walter Frey - throat slit

And the circle is complete

That is brilliant - I like the extra details I've seen added to it, all in their own homes or somewhere they believed themselves to be safe, punishing them for abusing guest right.

And, Frey learns his children are dead just before dying, as Catelyn did, and he gets fed them, which fits with the Rat Cook legend (another guy who broke guest right by cooking his king's son into a pie so got cursed by the gods and turned into a rat) that gets mentioned by Bran in season 3. Roose gets murdered by someone he believed an ally, like Robb. As did Tywin, although the version I've seen didn't mention Grey Wind.

The other thing that felt like a circle completing was Jaime & Cersei's last child falling to his death out of a window.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 2nd July 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #167
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

And we can probably add Jaime killing Aerys because he threatened to use wildfire, Cersei actually using it and a prophecy that predicts Cersei dies at the hands of the 'little brother'. Jaime being younger, of course

This post has been edited by Severin: 2nd July 2016, 11:06 PM

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 7th July 2016, 08:53 AM
Post #168
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

Apparently filming for Season 7 has been delayed because it's not cold enough in any of their filming locations. Some winter.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:35 PM