BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Louise - Heavy Love, 4th Album | 17th January 2020
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
___∆___
post Sep 15 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #161
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,155

Have to hand it to her team - they are pushing this album as much as they can. A new pre-order has been added to her website (Deluxe version with signed postcards and alternative sleeve) - not sure it’s going to make much difference but they are trying.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Sep 16 2019, 02:14 AM
Post #162
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Sep 15 2019, 01:00 PM) *
A new pre-order has been added to her website (Deluxe version with signed postcards and alternative sleeve) - not sure it’s going to make much difference but they are trying.

Unfortunately it's not a new pre-order, it's just this version: https://louise.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=42723 (which was available to pre-order at the same time as all the other formats). I think this is the first time that we've seen what the postcards are set to look like though!

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Sep 16 2019, 07:09 AM
Post #163
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Sep 16 2019, 03:14 AM) *
Unfortunately it's not a new pre-order, it's just this version: https://louise.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=42723 (which was available to pre-order at the same time as all the other formats). I think this is the first time that we've seen what the postcards are set to look like though!

Ah cool - as I said I’m not sure it’ll do much to help the cause regardless.

In terms of promo I’m not sure what more is left for her by the time the album comes out - lots of places don’t repeat their acts and she’s already done The One Show, Sunday Brunch etc., - apart from some radio and daytime TV there is really not a lot more for her to do when the album is released.

+Quote Post
bpdbryan
post Sep 20 2019, 08:18 AM
Post #164
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 19,938
   No Gallery Pics

Not the Same seems to be the next song to be released as they’ve put the song length on iTunes. Thought they’d spread the release out a bit considering the delay 🤔

+Quote Post
sajjadali
post Sep 21 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #165
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 1,100
   No Gallery Pics

Probably wise delaying to January as it'll get lost in the Q4 madness...Although fans have been waiting ages for this!

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Sep 21 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #166
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Prettylittlebry @ Sep 20 2019, 09:18 AM) *
Not the Same seems to be the next song to be released as they’ve put the song length on iTunes. Thought they’d spread the release out a bit considering the delay 🤔

The whole album is going to be available by the time we get it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Sep 26 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #167
BuzzJack Legend

Not selling as well as they hoped then - there is now 20% off tour tickets with the code LOU9TO5 at www.myticket.co.uk/artists/louise

This post has been edited by ___∆___: Sep 26 2019, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
tommie
post Oct 11 2019, 04:45 AM
Post #168
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

Seems like "Not The Same" might be the next single as they've bovvered to make a lyric video:

+Quote Post
diamondtooth
post Oct 11 2019, 07:46 AM
Post #169
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 3,909
   No Gallery Pics

I like this song too. Heavy Love is shaping up to be a good album.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 11 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #170
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

How many is that now? I've actually lost count. Assuming we'll probably get two more before the album eventually arrives too.

I think my interest waned around the time of 'Lead Me On' tbh.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Oct 11 2019, 09:11 AM
Post #171
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Oct 11 2019, 09:04 AM) *
How many is that now? I've actually lost count. Assuming we'll probably get two more before the album eventually arrives too.

Stretch
Small Talk
Lead Me On
Breaking Back Together
Not The Same

One more track and she'll have put out half the standard edition album laugh.gif

I wonder how this'll work out with streaming "sales" though. How many tracks from the album needs to be streamed for it to count as a sale? coffee.gif

This post has been edited by tommie: Oct 11 2019, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 11 2019, 10:26 AM
Post #172
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

'Not The Same' is the best I've heard of her since 'Stretch' I think.

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Oct 13 2019, 10:03 PM
Post #173
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

Easily the weakest single so far

+Quote Post
vibe
post Oct 14 2019, 07:59 AM
Post #174
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

The may as well put the album out. I mean they know their is absolutely no interest.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Oct 14 2019, 10:13 PM
Post #175
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vibe @ Oct 14 2019, 08:59 AM) *
The may as well put the album out. I mean they know their is absolutely no interest.

This and it’s tiresome Louise plugging it daily on her socials. I feel sorry for her but she must know as well as her management and label that interest is minimal - none of the singles have done anything on airplay or iTunes tbh, ticket sales must be poor for them to be offering 20% off deals and the album pushed back to 2020.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 14 2019, 11:17 PM
Post #176
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Will they actually go ahead and release it or will it be download only.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 15 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #177
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

^ Last week they changed Amazon's vinyl listing to be a signed vinyl, so as things stand they're going ahead with physicals. Apparently the physicals are already printed?

I'm not overly concerned about how her pre-orders are performing or how she does on iTunes with each song. I wish some of her fans would relax about that. Focus on whether you actually like the songs, rather than fretting over it being #842 on iTunes or whatever. It's almost like they're letting the lack of public interest and lack of chart success colour how they feel about the songs & even Louise herself, which seems a shame to me.

Yes, a high chart position & healthy sales = more of a chance that her music career will continue, but honestly if Heavy Love ends up being her final album then I'll be content with that. I'm looking no further ahead. This album era represents such an unexpected extension of her music career. I never thought we'd see the day that we'd have new Louise material, but here we are with 5 new songs already and there's more still to come! I'm appreciating the moment and glad that I'm enjoying the new tracks (Stretch in particular was such a serve). To me, that seems more productive as a fan, rather than looking ahead with dread re: charts & sales. It strikes me as odd to be concerned about her commercial performance & the possible repercussions it'll have on her ability to continue her music career, while seemingly not particularly appreciating that she's actually releasing songs right now!

+Quote Post
diamondtooth
post Oct 15 2019, 12:05 PM
Post #178
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 3,909
   No Gallery Pics

Yes I don't really understand why there would be any big expectation of success for Louise. Its just so long since she released her last album, the market has completely changed. And she was never a really hugely successful act back in the day anyway.
For me I am happy that the good songs keep coming, Louise gets some opportunity to promote (like she how she performed 'Lead Me On' on the One Show), and that the tour is enjoyable.

Regarding the charts, I would really love if the album went Top 20. And I am not going to panic about its second week performance, I know it will plummet after week one.

Its hard for me to assess how good/bad her streaming number are as she is not in a comparable situation to anyone else.

I'm not sure what kind of promotion she would have around release week. But hopefully something will be arranged. Maybe she should go on 'I'm a Celebrity' or something!

And after this album is done, I'm ready for an Eternal reunion!

+Quote Post
vibe
post Oct 15 2019, 12:49 PM
Post #179
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Louise first two albums sold very well !!

+Quote Post
pippa
post Oct 15 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #180
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

It is likely this is her last studio album.
The album, as we have known was never going to be a huge selling album, it is largely for Louise and her fanbase as she is not going to win over new fans.
It is a slight musical career extension that should result in Louise achieving a 5th Top 20 album to her solo credits.
Future budget releases of various Greatest Hits will come further down.
A full Eternal reunion would be welcomed after this solo venture and Eternal could do a new Greatest hits release and tour.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:59 PM