BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Touch to get push at US radio ASAP, SOTME done, SOTME gets replaced by Touch at US radio
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Untypical Mixer
post Feb 7 2017, 09:59 AM
Post #1
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,819
Hi everyone,

I thought I would post fairly regularly while the girls are in the US, to keep you updated on how we are receiving them here. They have their third show of the Dangerous Woman Tour tonight. I will actually be attending the show tonight as it's the one that came closest to where I live. The audience this time is middle America where country music often dominates pop. This could possibly be an audience reaction that isn't as strong as what they started off the tour with as Little Mix is probably not well known at all. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but if not that's ok. The reality is that probably not every tour stop will have the huge reactions they first received, but as long as they continue to get a solid response at each stop then they are doing just fine.

You may have read this already, but we here JUST learned that SOTME is being scrapped at US radio and Touch going to be pushed ASAP. I love SOTME, but this is the right move. SOTME just couldn't gain any traction here. Touch is much closer to what you would hear on US Radio. So we will see if that move pays off for them. I'm honestly shocked that their team took notice and made the change. This is the same team that watched Black Magic become their biggest US hit and completely failed use that success to promote Get Weird. So what we got was some success for Black Magic, Get Weird being DOA, and all other singles scrapped when Secret Love Song had huge potential. If they aren't going to do any better by Glory Days then what is the point of sending them to the US for 2 and a half months. This comes from an American Mixer that wants so badly to see them find success here. I know they don't need the US. They are doing just fine, but I want them to make it here because they girls really want it. I want to hear their music played and have someone say "oh I love that song" and better yet actually be able to tell me that it's Little Mix singing it. I just want them to have the success they deserve. This move with Touch is great way to get it going. Glory Days needs a new push here as well (actually a first push) as it was dropped with absolutely no promotion. Spark their interest with the tour and encourage them to go check out Glory Days.

That's it for now. Again, I'll post tomorrow with my a review of the Dangerous Woman Tour.

This post has been edited by Untypical Mixer: Feb 7 2017, 10:06 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 7 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Thanks so much for keeping us updated on US side of things! I really hope the fact the label are capitalising on this and changing things quickly gives some success to them!

Like I said, give them some late night slots as well as day time shows!

+Quote this post
Untypical Mixer
post Feb 7 2017, 11:50 AM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
I am cautiously optimistic. If it doesn't happen again this time, it will be not fault of the girls' I don't think it needs it and frankly I hate it when they do this, but adding a major American act to collaborate on Touch, could really help. Someone featuring someone else is common in so many singles here in the US. The US just doesn't do pop the way the U.K. does.

I completely agree that they need to be doing late-night and daytime talk shows, not just radio shows. Get their faces out their, let people who aren't going to the tour see what they can do. I know it's a lot, but the girls have said they're ready for it. Does their team really want another failed attempt? Really? It's very frustrating to be an American Mixer. Other than our amazing ladies who really care about and appreciate their American fans, the team doesn't seem to care about us at all. Bad practice, you start ignoring a fanbase and they begin to give up and you might not be able to get them back. If this DWT run ends with out the girls having gained any real traction, I'll be heartbroken for them. If that happens, they have every right to demand an explanation from the label as to why they didn't even try. I will be very interested to see what comes about here in the next couple of months.

+Quote this post
Matt1989
post Feb 7 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,134
Everything I've heard says Touch is their best chance of getting a US hit. I don't feel like they ever really gave SOTME a chance but I'm willing to put aside my annoyance over that if they push Touch properly (I'm not holding my breath)

+Quote this post
Untypical Mixer
post Feb 7 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
I do agree that they didn't ever try that hard with SOTME. I don't think it would have it big. Honestly, based on what they play here, I can't hear it on the radio at all. It's a great song. I've come to really love it. At the very least, we can be happy and shocked that they recognized it wasn't going anywhere and switched to a song with a better chance. I was listening to Glory Days earlier and I also think No More Sad Songs has potential, but I won't be surprised if they've given up before it could ever be tried.

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post Feb 7 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post Feb 8 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104
Glad they are going to push Touch instead, hopefully they go all out because this is their best song for US success they've ever had.

Is anyone able to keep us updated with how Touch performs on radio in the US? Fingers crossed this is it.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 8 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Maybe it could be their 'Glad You Came'?

+Quote this post
Untypical Mixer
post Feb 8 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
New Entry
QUOTE(Electro Paradise @ Feb 8 2017, 06:30 PM) *
Glad they are going to push Touch instead, hopefully they go all out because this is their best song for US success they've ever had.

Is anyone able to keep us updated with how Touch performs on radio in the US? Fingers crossed this is it.

I will provide info each time I get its current stats. I follow that stuff very closely. I just can't accept that LM might not ever happen in the US. American Mixers need Touch to hit. For themselves and especially the ladies. We also have them only 3 shows into their 26 supporting for Ariana Grande. This could be a huge opportunity for them. They are playing at big venues on this tour and many dates are sold out, so they are getting huge exposure. Finally, I attend the tour last night and can confirm their spot is short but they were flawless. The audience reacted so loudly and seemed pretty impressed. That's been the case at the first 2 shows, too. I find this exciting. With this response and 23 more dates ahead this might be a game changer. This could finally be their time.

+Quote this post
Robbie.
post Feb 9 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Robbie
User: 23,691
"‏@headlineplanet
New #Touch airplay in Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, more."
It's coming yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Untypical Mixer
post Mar 1 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
New Entry
I hate feeling this way because I do think Touch is going to work in America, but it's my least favorite song they've ever released as single anywhere. I could never hate it, but it really does nothing for me. I really wanted our first big LM hit over here to be one that I love, but if that breaks the US losing streak; I'm all for it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:33 AM