BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BuzzJack Presents Survey, Your Feedback is Important To Us
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
BuzzJack Presents Feedback Survey
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Colm
post 23rd March 2024, 08:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

We've have a productive few months at BuzzJack presents..., releasing a compilation every two weeks, on average.

Even in this short time we have learned so much about what a compilation can be, and learned a lot from working together. At the start it was just gooddelta, awardinary and myself but since then we've worked with Spiral and Jester. Very soon we'll be issuing new sets with the help of Severin, Uhsting and popchartfreak.

But right now, we'd like to find out what you think.
Your answers in the poll will help us guide our project.

We'd also like to know if there's compilations that you think would be useful and we're more than happy to have more BuzzJack members join the team - even if it's just for one specific compilation.

Thanks a lot for the support that we've had so far - you've been a wonderful audience biggrin.gif

awardinary, Colm and gooddelta.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd April 2024, 08:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Thanks for the votes so far. All and any more would be really useful and appreciated as it helps to guide us with what people like about and/or want to see from the project.

Also feel free to comment below on ideas and other feedback.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 2nd April 2024, 01:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I love the idea of them being separate discs even though I will always go for the whole playlist laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 2nd April 2024, 02:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Thanks for your hard work putting these together. Loved both the Rave and Britpop+ comps, as for ideas - have you considered putting together a Trip Hop compilation? I figured with the popularity of Mono's “Life In Mono” in BJSC and being a discovery for many ppl, there'd be some merit in developing one as there are a lot of undiscovered gems out there - not necessarily solely Bristol/UK adjacent - as well as a mix of some big Top 10/20 hits from the 1990s (Sneaker Pimps, Portishead, Massive Attack) and some very recent tracks like Hoodie & James K's “Scorpio” which I loved from last year.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd April 2024, 02:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Dexton @ Apr 2 2024, 02:39 PM) *
I love the idea of them being separate discs even though I will always go for the whole playlist laugh.gif

I feel the same way.

It's a shame Spotify don't allow you to create 'albums', whereby everything is in the same playlist but they can be split into 'discs' or sections within that, with headings. Seems like such a simple feature to offer users the ability to create sections in their playlists.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd April 2024, 03:01 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Apr 2 2024, 03:55 PM) *
Thanks for your hard work putting these together. Loved both the Rave and Britpop+ comps, as for ideas - have you considered putting together a Trip Hop compilation? I figured with the popularity of Mono's “Life In Mono” in BJSC and being a discovery for many ppl, there'd be some merit in developing one as there are a lot of undiscovered gems out there - not necessarily solely Bristol/UK adjacent - as well as a mix of some big Top 10/20 hits from the 1990s (Sneaker Pimps, Portishead, Massive Attack) and some very recent tracks like Hoodie & James K's “Scorpio” which I loved from last year.

Great idea, I'm not very au fait with the genre so would be great to get some outside help with this one if we do it at some point. I love the song Vaporous by Elsiane.

+Quote this post
Colm
post 2nd April 2024, 04:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

Trip Hop would be great. 2 discs would probably be enough. Would you like to be involved Dr B?

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 3rd April 2024, 08:01 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I only enjoyed Life In Mono as much as I did because Emma Bunton covered it.

(Sorry)

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 6th April 2024, 04:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Colm @ Apr 2 2024, 05:05 PM) *
Trip Hop would be great. 2 discs would probably be enough. Would you like to be involved Dr B?

Yes, of course! Not sure how much expertise I'll be able to contribute beyond your own but I'm more than happy to make suggestions.

QUOTE(Yobnedor @ Apr 3 2024, 09:01 AM) *
I only enjoyed Life In Mono as much as I did because Emma Bunton covered it.

(Sorry)

Well if she also covered Smoke City's “Underwater Love” you may enjoy this compilation x

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:12 PM