BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Angelina Jolie retires from acting
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post 21st November 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Angelina Jolie has confirmed she is retiring from acting to concentrate on writing and directing.
The Hollywood star, who won an Oscar for Girl Interrupted, said she did not enjoy being the centre of attention and intended to move permanently behind the camera.
“I’ve never been comfortable as an actor; I’ve never loved being in front of the camera,” Jolie said in an interview with Du Jour magazine.
“I didn’t ever think I could direct, but I hope I’m able to have a career at it because I’m much happier.”
Jolie is currently promoting her new film, Unbroken, about Olympic runner and US airman Louis Zamperini, who spent 47 days living on a raft after a plane crash and survived two years as a Japanese prisoner of war.
So, she's planning to leave acting behind? "Absolutely," Jolie responded.
"I see myself moving into directing more and doing much less as an actor," Jolie later clarified to Entertainment Weekly. "I have a few more in me, ones I have been developing for some time, so I will do those before I step away."

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/nov/2...ent-from-acting
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post 21st November 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Well, there's nothing concrete there. I'm sure if they offer her some proper oscar bait and the price is right she'll be right back.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 21st November 2014, 07:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

sobs for days

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread