BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sangria National Thread, ダンスダンス☆ハバ
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
▲Ɩɘχ
post 28th April 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Du måste flytta på dig!!!
User: 4,318

As we are getting closer to the BJSC the cultural minister of Sangria has decided to promote our first entry.

News from other countries show that Nox (representative of Sangria) isn't a favourite but they might get some points....hope so happy.gif

So here is the song, Ébredj fel! which means Wake up! This song is about the passion of music and the power of dance that fills you with joy when you are sad.

Nox was selected by a national jury because of their experience in song contests and they might be the appropriate choice to represent Sangria with their "folk-disco" sound.

To prove this here's their first single "Hej Dunáról fúj a szél" which is a cover of a hungarian folk song from their first album called Örökség (Heritage)

I hope you like them smile.gif

This post has been edited by ▲Ɩɘχ: 8th May 2015, 02:33 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 29th April 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon

N E W S !

This evening Nox have appeared live at an open-air concert in Zurratown just before leaving the country to travel to Herzebania. They will perform their contesting song, Ébredj fel! in the national final of Herzebania.

Here's the live coverage of the farewell party:

Singer, Szilvia Péter Szabó said that they are so excited and proud to represent Sangria at the famous BJSC and they hope that they won't disgrace themselves.

Nox in English!

The band realized that it's so hard to be world-famous in Hungarian. The management announced that they will release an album with the English versions of their songs although the Hungarian versions sound better happy.gif

Here's one of the songs, 'No more dance':

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 2nd May 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Serebro performance marred by onstage fighting

Sangrian fans were expecting a performance up to Serebro's normal standard today, but what they got instead was a visibly nervous performance whcih culminated in an onstage fight after Marina Lizorkina forgot her line halfway through their performance of Opium. Olga openly accused Marina of "holding us back...not caring", before Elena accused Olga of being a "loose lipped stuck up b**ch". Audience members were visibly confused as the music carried on playing but the band members argued over the music, before Olga slapped Elena and stormed offstage, claiming that she would "never perform again" and that she'd "had it with you talentless skanks". Elena appealed for calm amongst the audience, and promised a refund of tickets or a free concert later on in the month for the disappointed Sangrians who weren't expecting such a show. Record numbers of complaints were made to the Sangrian Culture Committee, who have said that they will "investigate claims that the performance was not suitable for children". After the show, Elena publicly apologised for the fight and said that Serebro "would come back to Sangria when our schedule permits it". This outburst comes just before Serebro's last-minute Bank Holiday break, which cited reasons of exhaustion; but many spectators believe that this fight only confirms rumours that it was more due to tensions within the band than anything else. Serebro refused to answer allegations regarding tensions within the band during their high-profile interview with Sir Trevor McBhangald in Bhangra yesterday, although many regarded a brief verbal exchange between Elena and Olga to confirm rumours of such tensions. There can be no doubt that these rumours are true after today's performance, and only time will tell whether this incident will affect their performances in the coming week.

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 2nd May 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Scandalous Serebro in Sangria!

After their performance in Zurratown, which caused an on-stage fight between the members, Sangrians are totally disappointed in the band. Serebro are so popular in Sangria with a huge amount of fans...but maybe until this evening. confused.gif

Altough at the moment they are at the top of the Sangrian chart and they are leader of the probably winners of the approaching BJSC6 according to the Sangrian bookmakers but probably this will change in the near future.

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 2nd May 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,110

hmm, this tour might end up causing more harm than good to Serebro lol

With regrads to Sangria, the Kingdom of Shadow would like to welcome you to the competition and we think it is great that you've picked a song which such a positive meaning - We wish you all the best!

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon

Nox came 24th!

Sangria's debut was quite acceptable: 24th place with 25 points happy.gif We wanna thank to everyone who voted for us and we try to improve for the next contest in Quotosibb.

The organizing committee has just announced the semifinalists of the first 'Sangfest' which will be held around the end of May. 10 acts are in the semifinal...five will be eliminated during the qualification stage and the remaining five songs will compete for the ticket to Quotosibb to represent Sangria at the 7th BuzzJack Songcontest.

The semifinalists:

The names are: Activ, Miley Cyrus, U96, Balkan Fanatik, OV7, Linda Király, Kate Ryan, David Jordan, Girls Aloud and Vitas

Good luck for them cheer.gif

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Odds for Sangfest:

Linda Király 3/1
Girls Aloud 7/2
Kate Ryan 4/1
David Jordan 6/1
Miley Cyrus 8/1
U96 11/2
Activ 12/1
OV7 13/1
Vitas 18/1
Balkan Fanatik 20/1

Short bios and videos will be added during these days.

The organizers of the Sangfest welcome the impressions and opinions of the international media and experts' analyses as well biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon

Contestant #1: Activ
Song: Doar Cu Tine (Only With You)

Activ is a dance/pop band from Romania (Temesvár/Timişoara). Members: Oana (Oana Paola Nistor), Rudi (Rudolf Oszkar Stefanic) and Avi (Flaviu Cicirean). The band was formed in 1999. Since then they've had several hits in Romania (like Superstar, Lucruri Simple or Visez). In their latest album 'Everyday' they sing many songs in English. They've entered to Sangfest with their biggest hit in Sangria, Doar Cu Tine (Only With You) which was at the top of the Sangrian chart for two weeks. They've never ever competed in any contest so they're so excited and against the odds they wanna make the final and perform as well as they can do.

"Vino langa mine, stiu ca vrei
Strange-ma in brate pana numar la trei
Ritmul meu te cheama, stiu ca poti
Cu mine sa dansezi inca doua nopti."

"Come next to me I know you want to
Hold me tight in your arms until I count to 3
My rhytm calls you I know you can
Dance with me two more nights."
dance.gif

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Contestant #2: Miley Cyrus
Song: See You Again

Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus) is an American actress,singer and also the daughter of the well-known country singer Billy Ray Cyrus. She is known for starring as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel Original Series, Hannah Montana. Her competing song See You Again is written by herself and it was Released in 2007. In 2008 it was in the top 10 of Sangrian charts for 3 weeks (4-6-9).

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Contestant #3: U96 (feat. Daisy Dee)
Song: Love Religion

U96 is a German dance music project formed by Alex Christensen and some producers. They have many well-known hits across the continent like Das Boot, Love Sees No Colour or Club Bizarre. In 1994 they teamed up with the German singer and TV host Daisy Dee for the song Love Religion. It was 2nd in Sweden and 5th in Germany. U96 entered to Sangfest with this truly classic dance song.

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Contestant #4: Balkan Fanatik
Song: Csináld, csináld, jól csináld (Do it, do it, do it well)

The band was founded in 2002 by producers Georgios Tzortzoglou (Yorgos) and Gábor Lepés. Their goal is to preserve the musical heritage of Eastern-Europe and the Balkans with the help of the popular electronic music. Yorgos is native Greek but was born in Hungary. Their song is a cover of a Hungarian folk song and it can be heard in the American-Hungarian film MIX (2004).

"Tele van a sötét égbolt ragyogó csillaggal
Tele van az én szívem is keserű bánattal.
Mit ér nekem, mit ér nekem csillag ragyogása?
Ha az én bús szívemnek nincs vigasztalása"

"The dark sky above is full of shiny stars
My heart is filled with bitter sorrow.
What does the shine of the stars worth, what does it worth for me?
When my sorrowful heart is so disconsolate."

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Contestant #5: OV7
Song: Enloqueceme

OV7 (abbr. Onda Vaselina 7) was a popular mexican band across Latin-America. It was founded in 1989 and officiallly split up in 2003. In 2000 they changed their name from Onda Vaselina to OV7 and released their biggest selling album CD 00 which was sold in 2 million copies. It contains the songs Shabadabada, Más Que Amor and their now competing song Enloquéceme.

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 12th May 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,110

I think Activ and Girls aloud are the best songs out of those, I can't stand David Jordan, Vitas or OV7 though

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Contestant #6: Linda Király
Song: Can't Let Go

Linda is a Hungarian/American singer. She was born 1983 in New York and she grew up there. In 1999 she and her family moved to Budapest where she became famous. One of her songs (Clubsong) was the main theme for the Hungarian Big Brother. In 2004 she moved to London to make her first full English album. Her song Can't Let Go was at the top of the Sangrian charts for 4 weeks last month.

About the song:

The beatbox-buxom "Can't Let Go," about a toxic relationship, conjures Natasha Bedingfield with its pure soul/pop template and a hook big enough to catch a mountain bass. An auspicious debut from an artist with the physical charms to foster a serious crush or two along the way. (Chuck Taylor)
Source: billboard.com

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(brunoboi @ May 12 2008, 09:36 PM) *
I think Activ and Girls aloud are the best songs out of those, I can't stand David Jordan, Vitas or OV7 though

Yeah, I thought that Vitas won't be a favourite here, but he is the Sangrian grannies' sweetheart kink.gif

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon

Contestant #7: Kate Ryan
Song: L.I.L.Y. (Like I Love You)

Kate is a Belgian singer who represented her country at the 2006 ESC with the song Je t'adore. She became well-known with a cover of Mylène Farmer's Désenchantée in 2002. The song 'L.I.L.Y.' is on her 4th studio album (called 'Free') which was released in this month. She is well up in contesting for a country although her ESC appearance was shoking and ended in a disaster cry.gif Maybe this time she could be more successful.

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Contestant #8: David Jordan
Song: Sun Goes Down

David Jordan is an English singer and songwriter. He was born in 1985 to a mother from Montserrat and a father from Calcutta. His music idol is Prince (Have you ever thought it? kink.gif ) His first album 'Set The Mood' was released in 2007 and 'Sun Goes Down' is the first charting single from it. The song is as exotic as the singer himself.

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Contestant #9: Girls Aloud
Song: Girl Overboard

The Girls Aloud are a British group which was created in 2002. Members: Cheryl, Nadine, Sarah, Nicola and Kimberley. They have 18 consecutive Top 10 singles (including three number ones) and five platinum albums. Their picked song is 'Girl Overboard' which is on their latest album 'Tangled Up'. They are one of the top favourites for winning Sangfest. w00t.gif

This post has been edited by alexxx23: 12th May 2008, 09:15 PM

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 12th May 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon

Contestant #10: Vitas
Song: Птица Счастья (Ptica Schastija) Eng.: The Bird of Happiness

Vitas (Vitaliy Vladasovich Grachov) is a Latvian-born Russian singer, actor and fashion-designer.... Maybe we can ask Pavel for further informations kink.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 13th May 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #20
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Girl Overboard is amaze, I was considering entering it but I thought it would be too mainstream tbh and I didn't want a Sugababes vs. Girls Aloud kinda thing going on heehee.gif And I wouldn't advise sending David Jordan either, good song but it's been a big hit over here recently so you're unlikely to get many points for it tongue.gif

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:20 AM