BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud • Tangled Up, 4th album | 19th November 2007 - 15th Anniversary
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PaPa Ri
post 9th June 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #221
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

QUOTE(Mike Sugafan @ Jun 9 2015, 07:31 PM) *
Perfect choices! But I would swap "Chemistry" with "Three" tho kink.gif

I think I like Change and C&S more than Three, though they're all excellent.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 11th November 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #222
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

So many people celebrating 10 years of this album over this weekend. Happy 10th Anniversary!! cheer.gif

My fave Girl Group album.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 11th November 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #223
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

wub.gif !

Their best album. So many timeless songs on it and I can't believe it's 10 years old! This was around the time that I started to stan hard for them, I was absolutely obsessed with "Can't Speak French" in particular although "Call the Shots" and "Girl Overboard" are my firm favourites now - I was so pleased that the latter appeared on disc 2 of 'Ten' (even though I didn't buy the deluxe version tongue.gif)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 12th November 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #224
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Can't believe it's 10 years old ohmy.gif What an album, I still adore it just as much as I did back in 2007. Comfortably their best heart.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 12th November 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #225
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Can't believe it's been 10 years since pop music in this country peaked.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 12th November 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #226
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Great pop album and their very best studio album.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th November 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #227
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Today's date (19th November) marks 10 years since the UK release of Tangled Up! heart.gif

wub.gif One of the best pop albums ever, definitely my favourite by them too. Three amazing singles (and the quality of their music videos stepped up for this era) and a fantastic tour. wub.gif I am so very drama.gif that it's already 10 years ago.

I remember going to Woolworths at lunchtime at college, and picking up the 'Mixed Up' CD alongside the album. Also getting the fan edition cover from online. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 19th November 2017, 03:14 AM
Post #228
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It forever bugs me that 'Control of The Knife', 'Girl Overboard' and 'Close To Love' are all 10000x better than the singles. For me that would have made this a more exciting and interesting era with those released instead.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 19th November 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #229
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I mean the three singles are perfect? But i do adore those three also...

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd April 2021, 03:46 PM
Post #230
Group icon

'Tangled Up' time and... both this and 'Out of Control' I know VERY well. This is my favourite girl group album, so I will never turn down the opportunity to relisten and fall in love all over again. The singles went on a gradual decline for me, but only because I prefer (by some way) some other options, personally. 'Sexy! No No No...' was the PERFECT single to kick start this campaign with, imo. Full of attitude and really captures your attention... one of the very best girl group singles in all honesty. Fantastic. 'Call the Shots' I like it, but not nearly as much as everyone else. I lowkey feel that 'Loving Kind' does this sound better.. oops. 'Can't Speak French'... MEHHHHH. So basic compared to everything else on the album, so I was disappointed when it got made into a single - despite it being catchy </3 At least it made for a fun video, I guess and a decent bilingual B-Side *.*

My Ranking:
1. Girl Overboard
2. Sexy! No No No...
3. Black Jacks
4. Close To Love
5. What You Crying For?
6. Control of the Knife
7. Call the Shots
8. I'm Falling
9. Crocodile Tears
10. Damn
11. Fling
12. Can't Speak French

I think at this point, 'Girl Overboard' is one of my favourite songs. Should have been the 3rd single! I love 'Black Jacks' so much. I love how hard the chorus hits. I would have loved to have seen how this would've worked as a single, but I am not sure it would've done much. 'Close to Love' would have been a great way to end the era as the 4th and final single though, I think. 'What You Crying For?' is so good too. I love that throughout their albums there are usually one or two which tap into that drum n bass sound that they utilised in the SOTU single! It's represented on a couple of tracks in OOC too.

'I'm Falling' is v interesting. A great song, but one I always overlook until I'm listening to the album. 'Fling' is good, but the first true "filler" from the album I think (that shouldn't always be considered a bad thing, especially if it's a strong filler track like this). I don't know if this is unpopular but I like 'Crocodile Tears'. It's not the best on the album etc.. but I think it really works with ending the album.

Oops at CSF being last. Like I said, I don't hate (or particularly dislike it - it's ridiculously catchy), I just think there are more better choices to use as a single that would've elevated the album more, imo. Although CTS is down low in my personal ranking, I get why it was chosen as a single and it fits that "a song that best represents the album but could sell the album during Q4" criteria really well.

But a flawless album. wub.gif Not only one of the best "girl group" albums... it's one of the best... PERIOD. Yes. I am listening to it again :')

Album Rankings:
01. Tangled Up
02. Chemistry
03. What Will the Neighbours Say?
04. Sound of the Underground

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 3rd April 2021, 04:57 PM
Post #231
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

I've been loving your trip down memory lane, Tafty wub.gif It's such a joy to talk about these albums again, reading everyone's memories and also having some active discussions in the Girls Aloud forum!

Tangled Up is my second favourite Girls Aloud album, just behind Chemistry. It feels like their most consistent album, there isn't a single bad track and it just flows perfectly. Starting the era with Sexy! No No No... was a genius, and risky, move. I remember not liking it as much first and it took a while to fully grow on me. These days I think it's absolutely fantastic and a highlight in their back catalogue. Call The Shots is also a stunner, GREAT second single choice to launch the album and one of their most remembered songs these days. Can't Speak French is a fun and funky bop for me, loved the Marie Antoinette style video.

Good to see you speaking so fondly of the single that never was- Girl Overboard. This is a true banger and such a shame it never got the single treatment, would have easily given them another top 10. Fling has always been a highlight for me (Sarah's come give me love in kinky style line always gets me) just as Black Jacks. Like I said though, there isn't a single bad song on here. The only bad thing was the album cover artwork. WHAT HAPPENED THERE?? Thankfully I got the special fan edition, which has a lovely cover.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd April 2021, 10:54 PM
Post #232
Group icon

Aww thanks! It's always a blast doing them and that is kinda the end game for it all, to get discussion started on them and get people sharing memories or even their own rankings etc.. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th April 2021, 12:22 PM
Post #233
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It's a great album and I loved all the singles, sexy no no no is ny least fave I always felt call the shots should have even the lead single but I suspect sexy no no no was one of those its either a lead or wont be a single at all bit like kylies 2 hearts.

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 4th April 2021, 12:26 PM
Post #234
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

"Can't Speak French" always was my favourite Girls Aloud song. wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 4th April 2021, 02:10 PM
Post #235
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Such a good album!! I remember buying it and thinking the cover was shit, then seeing the fan edition cover and being like "I need that one NOW!" laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th April 2021, 02:13 PM
Post #236
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya the cover was awful and their worst from all their albums, girls aloud really did split at the wrong time as their last 2 albums were their best and they really had found their groove on those 2 albums and for me i always felt they had at least 1 more good album left in them.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 8th September 2021, 06:17 AM
Post #237
Group icon
User: 13,007

What an album. It's such a rush of energy with explosive songs throughout and the softer moments are stunning too. Their best album easily imo! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 8th September 2021, 06:44 AM
Post #238
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I can't help but feel a good third of this album is pure filler (What You Crying For, I'm Falling, Crocodile Tears and possibly Damn), which stops me considering it their best album like so many others do but the rest of the good moments are REALLY good.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 12th September 2021, 02:29 PM
Post #239
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

I wouldn't say there's any filler on here myself! Even the tracks lower down my ranking are still solid. It's easily my favourite GA album and the quality is so consistent! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 14th September 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #240
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

Been listening to this album the most for the past week. I bought it back in 2007 but I think it's stood the test of time. Been listening to Close to Love and Black Jacks all week

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:37 PM