BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Is YG Entertainment dying?, UPDATE: Yang Hyun Suk & Yang Min Suk leave YG
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 12 2019, 08:37 AM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
In between the heavy scandals surrounding YG Entertainment, from Seungri’s crime ordeals and the Burning Sun incident, to counts of embezzlement, tax fraud and police corruption, and now with iKON possibly dying after their leader got caught in a scandal of his own and left the group faster than you can say Love Scenario (even Treasure13 got caught in a small scandal and they haven’t debuted yet),, I wonder if YG Entertainment’s story is drawing to a close. Think about it:

2NE1? Disbanded. CL is stuck in the dungeon (that one J-Dance single aside) and Dara is doing her own thing being a vlogger.
BigBang, arguably their biggest money maker ever? Probably done. I don’t see the remaining four members bounding back from this even if they continue on, guilt by association will get them. Plus they’re the most problematic group in Kpop history so...
iKON? Will probably die off unless there’s significant backlash against this situation but I’m not even sure I-fans care as much as k-netizens. Knetz reactions are cancel culture revved up to 1000.
Winner? are probably next in the scandal line
BLACKPINK? Still going strong, but come on, one act isn’t going to carry a company as high profile as YG (i.e. not from the Big 3). They’re not like APink or Momoland who have small companies (and MLD/Dublekick is essentially a producer agency anyway) or BTS and Chungha whose companies were put on the map when they did.

There’s Somi but she’s literally debuting in less than 24 hours, so not really much to go from. Idk what’s happening with AKMU with one of their members just getting back from military duties, Lee Hi is gonna take a huge hit bc she has two strikes of guilt by association - one for being a YG artist in the first place, and the other for featuring Hanbin on her comeback single, which just came out. And I have no idea what YG plans to do with Anda activities-wise.

I just don’t know where YG can go from here? Everything he and his artists do are basically gonna be shredded to pieces unless YHS and his brother both step down from the company and even then it’s not guaranteed forgiveness. It’s really just gonna be a downward spiral until they go bankrupt or something.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 16 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
UPDATE: Following the increasing amount of backlash, Yang Hyun Suk and Yang Min Suk have both resigned from YG

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/yang-hyun-suk...nation-scandal/
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/yg-entertainm...surrounding-yg/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:54 AM