BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nines - Crabs In A Bucket, 3rd Studio Album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Aug 30 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Nines released his 3rd studio album on Friday alongside a short film he directed inspired by the album. It looks set to be his most successful yet and provide him with a new highest peaking single after the brilliant 'I See You Shining' peaked at #37 in 2018. Airplane Mode seems to be the song doing best so far which is no surprise as it does sound like commercial single.

The hype I've seen surrounding this album online on Thursday/Friday was insane; despite constantly claiming that music is just a hobby and not his main profession, Nines is really seen as one of the GOATs on the underground British rap scene so it feels time for him to properly breakthrough. Especially now he's signed to a major label.

1st Day Spotify

17. Airplane Mode (feat. NSG)
24. Energy (feat. Skrapz)
25. Clout
31. Realist (feat. Nafe Smallz & Fundz)
32. NIC (feat. Tigga Da Author)
38. Monster
41. Intro
45. Ringaling (feat. Headie One & Odeal)
46. Don't Change (feat. NorthSideBenji)
48. Money Ain't A Thing (feat. Roy Woods)

54. Lights (feat. Louis Rei)
55. Flavours
66. Flex (feat. NorthSideBenji & REID B2WN)
67. All Stars 2 (feat. Clavish, Frosty, Q2T & Chappo CSB)
80. Stalker Interlude (feat. Cherrie)
83. Outro
84. Movie Knights
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post Aug 30 2020, 05:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
'Airplane Mode' is an ok song but seems like a weird choice of song to lead the album with as Nines himself is barely even on it, it might as well just be an NSG song - I guess that's good for him going for a commercial hit but it's not exactly selling himself as an artist laugh.gif

I quite liked 'Clout' as well (and it had a pretty cool music video) and iirc thought 'I See You Shining' was solid too but I'm yet to be massively impressed by anything from him to understand how he managed to amass such a big fanbase seemingly out of thin air. He has a very monotone style, reminds me a little of early 21 Savage.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Sep 10 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
He managed to get his first ever #1 album with this on Friday and Airplane Mode managed to reach his highest peak in the singles chart at #25. He also unluckily got his 2nd #41 hit with Clout.

I'm actually going to give the album a listen now. All the songs I've heard from it so far have been solid if not spectacular so I'm hoping something will really standout from the album.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 10 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I checked out a few more songs from the album and there are definitely some songs there that are better than the singles ('Lights' and 'Energy' being my faves of what I've heard) but still nothing really blowing me away unfortunately. Happy he got the #1 album though.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:40 PM