BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
43 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australian Reality TV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Aug 21 2017, 01:00 AM
Post #281
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Not basically, literally. It's in full blown administration. Foxtel are trying to buy it but laws need to be changed in the Aussie Parliament first
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 22 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #282
Group icon
Queen of Soon
MKR8 just started in the U.K. First set of IRs has a pair of siblings from Brisbane and they are c**ts. This is so disappointing. My default is to support Queenslanders, especially Brisbanites. I want to chuck them off the Story Bridge so this is not going to be a great year

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Aug 22 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #283
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
Was that Amy & Tyson?
I actually really liked them. Yeah, they came off as dicks the first few episodes.. but.. Overall I really liked them. The thing with MKR is they always want the contestants to have a persona or some storyline, unlike Masterchef.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Aug 28 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #284
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 21 2017, 01:00 AM) *
Not basically, literally. It's in full blown administration. Foxtel are trying to buy it but laws need to be changed in the Aussie Parliament first

CBS bought Channel 10 - hopefully it means more seasons of Australian Survivor. Not sure it they'll produce Masterchef however seeing it's a FOX Show in the US.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 29 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #285
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Aug 22 2017, 10:37 PM) *
Was that Amy & Tyson?
I actually really liked them. Yeah, they came off as dicks the first few episodes.. but.. Overall I really liked them. The thing with MKR is they always want the contestants to have a persona or some storyline, unlike Masterchef.

That's the c**ts!

I'm on their instant restaurant now. I'm super curious if any of my mates know them coz bris is basically a village. And omg they live in Kangaroo Point?!?!!?? Omg that's like my dream Brisbane suburb. Omg I hate them even more right now. I'm literally only watching this episode with these dickheads for pretty pretty Brisbane. It's not on TV much, I need my fix

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 29 2017, 04:16 PM
Post #286
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Aug 28 2017, 01:39 AM) *
CBS bought Channel 10 - hopefully it means more seasons of Australian Survivor. Not sure it they'll produce Masterchef however seeing it's a FOX Show in the US.

!!!

Murdoch is going to be f***ing furious!!!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Oct 3 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #287
Group icon
Queen of Soon
I've come round to Amy and Tyson. I'm growing quite fond of them.

Josh and Amy are probably the two worst humans currently inhabiting the planet. So the sooner they get their comeuppance the better I reckon.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 4 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #288
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I need to get into My kitchen Rules (but I always say this so don't hold me to it kink.gif)! Ash really sold me when she was on I'm a Celeb, what a f***ing queen and if anyone was half as iconic as her I'd be happy with it tbh

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Oct 11 2017, 03:07 AM
Post #289
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Another season of Australian Survivor has come and gone. Very meh winner compared to last year, but, viewership was up. The season was right in the midst of Channel 10 folding and CBS coming in and saving the network and keeping all the shows going.
Although not formally announced, it's believed Survivor Australia is getting another season and they will ditch the Bachelor/Bachlorette as they are in America on other networks.

IN MASSIVE NEWS - CBS has sent scouters to find a location for ANOTHER AUSTRALIAN BIG BROTHER SERIES, US Format. They can't use Dreamworld, so they're finding another location *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 11 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #290
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Omg YES, I've missed BBAU so much but they did kind of kill it lmao. With CBS obviously they know what they are doing moreso!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 12 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #291
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I'm A Celeb Aus starts again 28th Jan!

There are some clues as to who the cas will be so from rumours and guesses I've seen touted about I'm gonnaguss something like:

"A pop sensation known only by their first name"
Ricki-Lee or Paulini? I would DIE at the former omg

"Two celebrities in the middle of a huge feud"
Probably Kyle Sandilands and Rove McManus going by rumours but I've seen The Veronicas touted, they've fallen out because Lisa isn't accepting of Jess' sexuality apparently/ I'd LOVE to see the drama if they got put in together omg

"An iconic Aussie comedian who married into one of Australia's best loved families"
Seems to be Glenn Robbins, as he's a huge Aussie comedian and married Kath in Kath & Kim, they could be seen as a best loved family of Australia

"An AFL player who's won a championship and has "hair raising" play"
f*** knows, I've seen Jason Akermanis touted, f*** knows who that is but apparently he's got distinctive bleachd hair

"An Aussie rocker with album and single sales of over 1 million"
Could be Shannon Nollalthough given the first clue I posted is probably Ricki-Lee or Paulini I doubt they'd have two Aussie Idol contestants (esecially Paulini and Shannon from the same season). Also seen Jimmy Barnes and Ben Gillies from Silverchair rumoured

"A sporting star with a sense of social justice"
god knows doesn't seem to be many rumours I just hope whoever it is is better than bloody Lisa Curry from last year.

"Iconic Australian actor ready for a tree-change"
News outlets have taken this to mean someone from some show called SeaChange

"Queen of comedy with a lot to talk about"
Could be Denise scott or Fiona O'Loughlin from rumours, whoever they are

"A lovable princess who knows how to keep it real"
I'm guessing "real" refers to reality TV, so this is most probably someone from the Bachelor as that is HUGE in Australia and they aways get someone from it

"Aworld famous tennis sar
Apparently Bernard Tomic hassigned up for $1m, he's fit tbh so yes please x

Also Fran Drescher appears to have signed up, they do normally get a US star in there

I actually know most of these rumours, intrigued to see which are true.

Edit: Apparently Vicky Pattison has signed up? No thanks lmao. They do have Geordie Shore there though and Gaz did a cooking thing I think it was over there.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 28 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #292
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Lmao the I'm A Celeb line-up is f***ing awful, I only know Peter, Shannon and Tiffany. To think the hot rumour for the popstar known by a mononym was Ricki-Lee but we get her :') I'm liking Fiona and Simone the most so far, the guys all pretty much seem like generic nice enough Aussie blokes, meh. I know Bernard Tomic has a reputation though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Jan 29 2018, 12:21 AM
Post #293
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Jackie is the most boring out of all the Housewives. Why.
Shannon I do like.
Won't be watching. MKR starts tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 3 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #294
Group icon
Queen of Soon
So excited that MKR is back!!! Just started the first episode now, really looking forward to watching it at Aussie pace for the first time

First song is Jess Mauboy's "This Ain't Love". Like. WHY THE f*** isn't UK TV this good????

edit- now Ricky Martin's 'The Cup Of Life' *.* who does the music for this show coz I wanna marry them

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Feb 3 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #295
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Feb 3 2018, 06:22 PM) *
So excited that MKR is back!!! Just started the first episode now, really looking forward to watching it at Aussie pace for the first time

I've watched all the episodes so far. Pretty Meh.
It's unfortunate MKR has fallen into the trap of Personalities/Fighting over the Food.. we get the same drama year over year.
With that being said, I am excited to see Kim/Suong cook. I pretty much hate everyone else in Group 1.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 4 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #296
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Yeah the first rounds are a bit more dramatic that they need to be, but I really enjoy the later stages of the competition. I loved seeing Amy and Tyson open up a bit and their friendship with Karen and Ros in particular was just so pure.

I’d agree with you on group 1. I’m really rooting for them but 2 episodes in I don’t care for anyone else

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Feb 4 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #297
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I've always hated the Instant Restaurant Rounds with a passion. They are so long and drawn out. I was hella pissed they introduced the Super Instant Restaurant rounds last year.

Kim/Suong cooked last night, I'll post in Spoilers until you watch.. I love Vietnamese food and what they cooked are my three favorite dishes. I'm sure I would have been in heaven. I have had it with Roula & Rachael however. But you just know another team is going to bottom out and they will stick around for sure.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post Feb 7 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #298
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Stuss & Steve: TBH, there's something about them I really liked up until tonight. I actually expected them to go out there and absolutely murder it.. alas.. that was very hard to watch. Doesn't seem like Stuss actually gave a crap and Steve was trying so hard but not getting anywhere. But, I do think if it does end up being them VS Ash/Matty they could take them out for sure.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 7 2018, 01:14 AM
Post #299
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
This is probably the worst series of I'm A Celeb so far, Anthony Mundine is absolutely VILE and I'm so fed up of him getting away with being such a knob because he's some sort of hero boxer. Him and Danny Green between them have less personality than than a grey shake of blended crocodile penis.

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 29 2018, 12:21 AM) *
Jackie is the most boring out of all the Housewives. Why.
Shannon I do like.
Won't be watching. MKR starts tomorrow.

Aw i'm LOVING Jackie, she is not taking any shit and is such a trooper doing all the trials she's gotten. Luckily it's not the same as ours where the same one or two do every trial but she's got the most. People are saying they're surprised though so idk why it's apparently taking a jungle to bring out her fire, but she is fab.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Feb 7 2018, 02:29 AM
Post #300
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
QUOTE(Aaron. @ Feb 4 2018, 07:01 AM) *
I've watched all the episodes so far. Pretty Meh.
It's unfortunate MKR has fallen into the trap of Personalities/Fighting over the Food.. we get the same drama year over year.
With that being said, I am excited to see Kim/Suong cook. I pretty much hate everyone else in Group 1.

The producers purposely set it all up that way, from recruiting certain couples specifically due to their hostile natures and forcing entrants to behave completely different to how they are in real life. You have couples who are painted as stuck up, mean, cruel, yet if you ever meet them in real life they're the most down to earth people you'd ever meet - because their personas are created purely for ratings. The exact same process was/is undergone for shows like Big Brother, Masterchef, House Rules, The Block, etc. etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the social relationships in those "Reality" tv shows were semi-scripted.

+Quote this post

43 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:40 AM