BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2019: Nomination Presentation, finished lol :(
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 7th April 2020, 04:55 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

FROZEN 2 TO WIN EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 7th April 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

BEST SCENE

Your nominees are...
Avengers - Portals Scene
Hustlers - Ramona's Introduction
Joker - Talk Show Scene towards the end
Knives Out - Final Scene/shot
Midsommar - Cliff Scene
Midsommar - May Queen Scene
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Bloodbath Scene (y'all know the one)

I am avoiding pictures for this one cos of potential spoilers!

a pretty strong category! I am HERE for the double Midsommar nods <3 Ramona's iconic introduction pole dancing to Criminal or OUaTiH to win tho!

Show Yourself in Frozen 2, The Hustle's end credits, Booksmart's pool scene, Gabby Gabby's last scene in Toy Story 4, Spahn Ranch and Sharon Tate in the theatre in OUaTiH, Bombalurina in Cats and Ready Or Not's end scene all robbed x

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th April 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

All great scenes there! ohmy.gif

Couple is a strong category too!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 7th April 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #24
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BP NOMINEE #3

Your nominees are...

after two scene nominations, it's time to reveal the best horror film of 2019 as you're 3rd BP nominee!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 7th April 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST HERO

Your nominees are...

after 2018's line-up being just superheroes, this year we have a nice mix here! Ofc we have 3 superheroes making it her after Endgame's massive success, I'm shocked Iron Man didn't make it tho and Captain Marvel missing for own film. (other near misses in this category include more superheroes and Joker x). However we have three inspired noms *.* Queen of my heart Elsa makes it for Frozen 2, as well as Toy Story's lead character Woody and Marta from Knives Out is a fab nominee!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 7th April 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #26
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST CHARACTER

Your nominees are...

another really strong and inspired line-up! We have two classic avengers, Ramona from hustlers, Jo from Little Women, Dani from Midsommar and Forky from TS4! After Lady Bird's win last year, can another Saoirse Ronan character make it back to back wins ohmy.gif

anyway if anyone but Forky wins this, I'm rioting. The cutest character of 2019, the most iconic character of 2019 and the BEST character of 2019.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th April 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #27
Group icon

You also missed "Most annoying character of 2019"!!!

(He can be all them things AND annoying!!!!)

But two solid categories there! YES at those 3 Avengers getting in for Avengers. wub.gif Pretty inspiring choices. Black Widow got paid DUST after not having a funeral or anything in Endgame, so I'm happy to see she made it.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th April 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #28
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

obviously both these & the 2018 Awards are on hold until Tuesday as I am currently hosting a 2000's Movies Retrospective in the 2000's Rewind -> a detailed exploration of the box office hit, award seasons and notable events of the year so please check it out here!:

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=232390

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 24th April 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #29
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

lol this will resume tomorrow, a messT

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 02:52 AM
Post #30
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

omg I am a mess

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #31
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

for my purposes too, this is the plan for rest of the reveal

sci-fi
drama
horror
comedy
BP nominee #4
action
female voice
male voice
animation
BP nominee #5

score
song
soundtrack
BP nominee #7

attractive actress
attracrive actor
performance of the year
Ensemble
Newcomer
BP nominee #8

Best Adaptation of a source material
Best Script
Best Director
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Actor
Best Actress
BP Nom #9
BP Nom #10

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:04 AM
Post #32
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCI-FI/THRILLER FILM

Your nominees are...

this is a really interesting line-up actually and a nice blend of sci-fi films (Alita, high life, Star Wars) and thrillers (greta, hustlers & knives out). Some really inspired noms! High Life is v. leftfield for Buzzjack and it's nice to see Alita recognised. shocked none of the superhero films made it here.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:11 AM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST DRAMA FILM

Your nominees are...

hustlers & knives out repeat their thriller noms here, joined by blockbuster Joker and smaller hits The Farewell, Can You Ever Forgive Me & The Peanut Butter Falcon. The latter two feel really random, I'm surprised they made it over a lot more of the high profile Oscar dramas.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:23 AM
Post #34
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST HORROR FILM

Your nominees are...

this was a strong year for horrors and we end up with 7 nominees here! from critically acclaimed Us & Midsommar to netflix hit The Perfection to the strongly reviewed Ready Or Not & Doctor Sleep to fun horror flicks Crawl & Pet Sematary, there's something for all horror film lovers here. (and I stan six of these so I'm here for this lineup! It's a shame,e the iconic Ma or the surprisingly good Escape Room, Zombieland 2 or Child's Play couldn't crack the line-up aha)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:33 AM
Post #35
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST COMEDY FILM

Your nominees are...

I love this line-up *.* ofc I am backing Booksmart to win, the best film of 2019. I'm glad Last Christmas managed to pick up a positive nomination here, so underrated. Good Boys was hilarious, Instant Family was cute (but worked better in drama-mode than comedy-mode for me) and The Favourite is lots of fun. Hustlers has some fab comedic moments and was submitted for the comedy categories at the globes so I'm here for it getting another nom. These six dominated most of the mentions for this category this year with this year lacking in many comedy hits. It's a shame Fighting With My Family couldn't get a nom and whilst not surprisingly, it's a shame I was the only voter for Support The Girls, one of the best comedy-drama's and films of the year with an incredible performance from Regina Hall. It's on netflix, y'all should watch x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 12th May 2020, 03:36 AM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BP NOMINEE #4

Your nominees are...

already racking up a lot of noms so far, it's no surprise to see the star-studded whodunnit Knives Out as a BP nominee here.

(now y'all catch up and comment before I reveal some more x)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th May 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #37
Group icon

Not here for this 'Hustlers' love-fest. Probably the most overrated movie of last year for me. (Good, but overrated)

'High Life' is incredibly inspired and left-field! It's good, but not a fave of mine. Great to see some love for the incredibly heart warming 'Peanut Butter Falcon' wub.gif and great to see 'Knives Out' get so much recognition. Nice to see 'Joker' not get completely snubbed and get some nominations in too (seems to be a bit of online backlash towards it).

Get rid of 'The Perfection' and that horror selection is the strongest it's been in a long time. The comedy line up is hit and miss, but YAY for 'The Good Boys', 'Booksmart' and 'Instant Family' wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:17 AM
Post #38
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ACTION FILM

Your nominees are...

in exciting category of the year we have superhero film vs superhero film vs superhero film vs superhero film vs jumanji sequel. Can jumanji pull off a surprise win?

(and in shock me mode, I actually like 3 of the superhero films ohmy.gif ). Alita deserved a nom here and I'm kinda surprised Joker missed in place of Jumanji.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:22 AM
Post #39
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE: FEMALE

Your nominees are...

and going from superhero to battle of the blockbuster Disney franchises as 3 Frozen voice actresses go up against 2 Toy Story voice actresses. Kristen & Idina return after their previous noms for the first Frozen, and are joined by newcomer to the franchise Evan Rachel Wood. They face off against Toy Story original Annie Potts and newbie Christina Hendricks. And in shock of the year, I'm going against my Frozen queens cos Christina better walk this category, Gabby Gabby is one of my fave characters in ages and her voice acting is perfect for her <3

Poor Joan Cusack missing out on this line up. :/

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #40
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE: MALE

Your nominees are...

And as we head over to voice performance's male counterpart, we see The Lion King join Frozen & Toy Story 4 for a complete Disney domination in these two categories this year. Josh Gad is the sole representation from Frozen 2, I'm surprised Jonathan Groff didn't make the line-up. I'm also surprising no one from the Avengers cracked the line-up but boo hoo. Billy & Seth were by far the best parts of Cash Cow: The Remake so I'm here for them getting noms. And with Frozen 2 three-peating in the female category, Toy Story 4 takes that honour in the main category; with franchise stalwart Tom Hanks scoring a nom alongside newcomers Tony Hale and Keanu Reeves. And none for Tim Allen as Buzz. (I'm surprised at that considering TS4's domination in this category). anyway Tony Hale for forky to sweep plz x

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:14 PM