BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> PWL & DeCon Album Rank
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 26th October 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Same dealy as with the Parlo rank, you put them all in order, best to worst and tell us why.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 26th October 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865

For me Kylie's career is very similar with Madonna.
First three albums were the best, fourth is not bad and the last albums are very weak.

My favourites :
1. Enjoy Yourself
2. Kylie
3. Rhythm of Love

These albums were the highlight of her career. It's her "Like A Virgin" / "Madonna" / "True Blue".

+Quote this post
Regina
post 26th October 2014, 06:23 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Oh Alex.....

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 27th October 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

01. Kylie = Definately my fave of this era of her career, her debut short and sweet, but so very wonderful, I enjoyed this album through and through and love every track, "I Should Be So Lucky", so iconic and classic, "The Locomotion" a fun and cheesy cover, okay a bit dated, but love it, "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourqoui" another classic, "It's No Secret" another nice track, "Got To Be Certain" another fun and sweet track and perfect follow up, "Turn It Into Love", just love the production on this song, just brilliant, "I Miss You" a nice enough ballad but it is one of this album's weaker moments, "I'll Still Be Loving You" again love, so lovely, "Look My Way" this one reminds of Madonna's Lucky Star, dunno why, an okay track, but not quite as strong as the other tracks and finally "Love At First Sight" a great finish, so fun and catchy (Believe in love at first sight, believe in love at first sight), so great.

02. Rhythm Of Love = Kylie's first change in sound and image, more sexier and more mature, but that didn't stray away from the quality, with the ever brilliant and timeless "Better The Devil You Know" such a classic, "Step Back In Time" just love the retroness of this, "What Do I Have To Do" another great classic that still sounds fresh, the single version is miles better, but this is still a good version and the music video, Kylie looks stunning. "Secrets" I really like this back to her more poppier roots, so simple and fun. "Always Find The Time" another fun dancey track, "The World Still Turns" an okay track but not brilliant, "Shocked" rather the single version, "Things Can Only Get Better" another stomping tune, the weaker tracks "One Boy Girl" (quite fun, but nothing special), "Count The Days" and "Rhythm Of Love" (both okay).

03. Enjoy Yourself = A great follow up to her first with some fantastic songs, "Hand On Your Heart" a great start and instant classic, "Wouldn't Change A Thing" the first time she shows a more mature side to her sound and simply excellent, "Never Too Late" another classic and fave of mine and flows perfectly, "Nothing To Lose" quite fun and catchy, then the albums really changes in style with "Tell Tale Signs" and "My Secret Heart", not faves of mine, "I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)"now picking up the pace again with this fun disco tinged track, "Heaven And Earth" again another change of style, so beautiful and stunning and then "Tears On My Pillow" not one of her best, but still a stunning cover and so beautifully sung and then ending with "Enjoy Yourself" which is so fun and uplifting and just brilliant and would have made a great double a-side with "TOMP", now that would have been the perfect campaign for this album.

04. Kylie Minogue = Now it took me a while to warm to her decon stuff, cause I always loved her poppy stuff, but now I really like it and has some brilliant stuff on it, "Confide In Me" another highlight in her discography and can see why this is so loved, so brilliant and great breathy vocals, "Surrender" again beautiful, "If I Was Your Lover" again another strong track, "Where Is The Feeling" a bit overlong for my liking, "Put Yourself In My Place" stunning and perfection, "Dangerous Game" and "Automatic Love" both fantastic and beautiful, then the the weak tracks "Where Has The Love Gone" and "Falling" just didn't get to be honest, but they're ok and then "Time Will Pass You By" where I love the house influences.

05. Impossible Princess = Again took me a while to get, but to be honest I just don't get all the love for this, yeah there are some decent tracks on there. but for me she's done a lot better, "Too Far" a bit strange for my liking, "Cowboy Style" now that's more like it, but still not that great, "Some Kind Of Bliss" a great underrated indie rock track, and glad she's tried something new, "Did It Again" and "Breathe" both awesome and really change of sound, and other strong tracks are I Don't Need Anyone, Limbo and Dreams which all showcase different variety and styles and are pulled of brilliantly. But "Say Hey" which is not bad, "Drunk" all over the place and a mess, and Through The Years which doesn't go anywhere, a bit limp and boring.

06. Let's Get To It = Definately her weakest during this era and of her career and doesn't quite shine like her other albums, but it does have some great moments. "Word Is Out" is fun and catchy, but not a strong effort, "Give Me Just A Little More Time" I love this, so uplifting and a brilliant cover, "Too Much Of A Good Thing" , too much production and her voice does get lost, but still a good track, "Finer Feelings" a strong and classy track, "If You Were With Me Now" a beautiful ballad, "Let's Get To It" quite weak, "Right Here Right Here" a very fun and dancey number, "Live and Learn" and "No World Without You" both okay but nothing special and finally "I Guess I Like It Like That" a fun cheesy and danceable track.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:40 PM