BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> did Lana get better with time?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Bjork
post Dec 3 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

we were discussing this with some friends yesterday
I was arguing that Lana has improved a lot thru the years and that NFR is her best album,
but the majority of my friends thought that she peaked with Born to Die
and that she has never produced any song better than Video games and peaked with that album

what do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Dec 3 2019, 01:01 PM
Post #2
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

I recognise Video Games is probably her best song however NFR for me is her magnum opus

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 3 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #3
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Born To Die' is my favourite album of hers, but I'd say that her last two albums make up the rest of that top 3, so overall she's getting more consistent.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Dec 3 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #4
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

She definitely started with a high, then slid gradually over the Paradise and Ultraviolence albums before reaching the nadir that is Honeymoon... before going back upwards again to peak with NFR. The latter is cementing itself as an all time classic for me and is definitely my album of the year.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Dec 3 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

I do think her debut era remains her strongest and most striking.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jan 25 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #6
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

QUOTE(Jade @ Dec 3 2019, 01:17 PM) *
'Born To Die' is my favourite album of hers, but I'd say that her last two albums make up the rest of that top 3, so overall she's getting more consistent.

I’d agree with that too.

I’d rank her albums as

1. Born To Die
2. NFR
3. Lust for Life
4. Ultraviolence
5. Honeymoon

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 25 2020, 03:38 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Born to Die is still my favourite and I can see why a lot of fans would agree, but I do think Lana has grown a lot in confidence and has developed an ever-increasing certainty in who she is as an artist. Her albums have explored genres and sounds further and her songwriting has been noted as something that has improved (although I think she was a strong lyricist to begin with). NFR is one of the most critically praised albums, topping most of the 2019 lists and managing to make huge placements on the decade lists too. Looking at the facts objectively, I think you could be safe in saying she has got better with time.

She's five major albums into her career with a sixth on the way this year, all of which have been met with solid first week chart activity and all have (or will) achieved Gold certifications. It's pretty clear Lana's an artist that will continue to do well and could reach legendary status - I think she could be like Adele or Kate Bush in the sense that it doesn't matter how long she could go away for, she'd be met with huge hype and attention when she did return.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 26 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #8
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Dec 3 2019, 05:44 PM) *
She definitely started with a high, then slid gradually over the Paradise and Ultraviolence albums before reaching the nadir that is Honeymoon... before going back upwards again to peak with NFR. The latter is cementing itself as an all time classic for me and is definitely my album of the year.

100% THIS!!

BTD and NFR are her two masterpieces. The other albums are eh, not great. It is very rare ro repeak so many years later!!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jan 26 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #9
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

For me NFR is her best album, however the debut era is my second fave so there’s no yes or no answer to this question

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jan 28 2020, 04:57 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Her debut and her most recent are her best work so its arguable that Lana got better with time.
The albums in the middle of these 2 albums would indicate she didn't get better with time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:21 PM