BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> WandaVision, Disney+ | The start of Phase 4 of MCU
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Jan 12 2021, 12:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Marvel Studios’ WandaVision blends the style of classic sitcoms with the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany)—two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems…The series is a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision—two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems...

The start of Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the start of 10(!) new Marvel series on Disney+. It focuses on Scarlet Witch and Vision from the Avengers sequels and Civil War. It will also tie into the Doctor Strange sequel!

Starts January 15 with episodes dropping weekly!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 12 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Incredibly hyped for this! It looks utterly bizarre and mad which is what I’m here for. Even though it wasn’t planned to be the first of the Disney+ TV series, it seems the perfect one to start with considering they’re playing with classic TV tropes.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Jan 12 2021, 01:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030
I've no idea what to expect from this show but I am very hyped!

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Jan 12 2021, 01:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
It almost seems a bit like the Fallout game from the preview, Marvel doesn't fascinate me at all but this kind of does.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 20 2021, 08:05 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
The first 2 episodes are beautifully done, period specific and accurate representations of key sitcoms from the late 50's and early 60's - but with gradual hints about what is going on in the current Marvel universe. It's great to see Anya from Buffy in there too, and a semi-regular from Friends.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Jan 22 2021, 09:12 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I absolutely love this, honestly. The first two episodes did a great job of setting up the mystery but hoo boy. Episode three has dropped. It answers some questions we had and raises even more. If anyone is even remotely interested in The MCU, give this a watch.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 22 2021, 08:08 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
I've been liking the approach a lot! Very different for it's genre. Not sure how much longer I can go with the sitcom format before I want it to start moving further into the "reality" of things. But I feel like we've only got one more episode of the sitcom trope (We haven't seen them do their Halloween ep yet where they dress up) and then we are gonna move forward.

But they've got the classic sitcom format down to a tea. It's brilliant. The last 5 minutes of the episode that dropped today... holy cow! Legit CHILLS from that. I've read a few theories that I can see happening and who the villain is etc.. Excited for the rest!

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jan 26 2021, 05:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
I am really finding this very underwhelming so far. It's not what I expected (although tbh I knew it would be a bit weird so not sure what I was expecting!) The sitcom parodies are very well done but it's an effort to get through at the moment. I am looking forward to when we start to find out a little more and hopefully the pace picks up.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 26 2021, 05:47 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
80's and 90's sitcoms to go yet, but the darker moments are increasing. The Daydream Believer bit was fab. Everything you need to know is going on is in the "adverts", the songs, the backgrounds, the script....

setting up a lot of movies/TV...!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 26 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #10
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
It’s so so good! Completely different to the rest of the MCU but I’m loving how careful it is being in unfolding the mystery behind it all. The last episode was particularly chilling in the final 5-10 minutes.

I wasn’t sure if each episode was going to be self-contained or not, which they are in a sense but I’m finding it impressive how natural the story still manages to follow through despite the different sitcom parodies for each episode.

Looking forward as to where it’s heading! I think it’s gonna be one that benefits from a rewatch once the series is over.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jan 26 2021, 06:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I’m loving it too! Extra appreciation to Elizabeth Olsen who is finally allowed to take center stage in an MCU project! We’re learning more about Scarlet Witch’s backstory and her character which is a very long time coming. She spent most of her time in AoU being a fairly one dimensional villain then demoted to “a weapon” in Civil War that the gov wanted to control... we saw a glimpse of her & Visions relationship in Infinity War but Thanos saw to the end of that. Idk I’ve just always felt she was very under-utilised in the MCU and thrown to one side so I’m really happy about WandaVision

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 26 2021, 11:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I've read a few theories here and there, but do you guys think... Wanda is going to be set up as the main villain for the next Avengers movie? There's still a while away for that, but they can definitely plant seeds all over the place!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 27 2021, 08:34 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
If anyone wants in-depth analysis of the shows and other shows, Emergency Awesome on youtube is great. The downside is a lot of plot twists might be revealed to you as he spotlights the stuff going on. Like the babies are a thing from the Comics, as are a number of plot threads, so you can see where things are going. So don;t watch if you want surprises!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 29 2021, 11:30 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Episode 4...

wow.

They're pacing this perfectly! Answering all the questions from the first 3 episodes and setting up and asking more for the last half of the season. Very pleased about Darcy making a return! Also, loved the reveal of where WV fits in the MCU timeline as well as having Monica Rambeau represent for Captain Marvel! wub.gif

It's just fantastic stuff.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 31 2021, 11:14 AM
Post #15
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
ngl I missed being in the Wanda world but maybe it was good to have a bit more ‘normality’ for this episode to help make the world seem more absurd and make it make more sense in narrative terms. Darcy returning was a major surprise, one of my favourite MCU side characters but not one I expected to return!!

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Jan 31 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 72,030
Really loving this so far. The combination of all the characters old and new is amazing. Can't wait to see where the show goes in the next few episodes.

+Quote this post
Neil
post Jan 31 2021, 11:33 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
https://thequeer.life/2021/01/wandavision-l...reN3gGWIG1Xq5O0

Cheeky little spoiler for an upcoming episode here - very excited!

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jan 31 2021, 11:59 AM
Post #18
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
I really enjoyed the latest episode. It was good to get some answers and to be back in the "proper" Marvel Universe again, with references to things we understand and some appearances from characters we know. I am looking forward to next week!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 5 2021, 10:21 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I don't like using spoiler tags - but I shall remove these on Monday when the Disney spoiler ban has lifted.

This episode... wow. I really think there is more to Agnes........ than what we are seeing. Is it possible that she is somehow controlling/using Wanda? A lot of people believing that the baddie for the series is Mephisto........ and it's hard to disagree! Monica Rambeau is fast becoming a fave of mine. She gave me one of my favourite quotes of the series "She could've taken out Thanos on her own if he hadn't initiated the blitz." and then her reaction to Jimmy's response about Captain Marvel being able to do the same (and name dropping her)

Powerful moment when Wanda confronts the entire SWORD team! SO TENSE and WONDERFULLY shot. Straight out of a movie scene! I really hope we see more proper scenes of how she created WestView/got Vision's body and not just through CCTV footage. But Vision becoming more aware and getting a little sus of her and the way Wanda tried to roll the credits on him lmao! Then... THE ENDING. I'm gutted it's not Aaron Taylor-Johnson, but I will take what I can get and I love the approach of him being "recast" to Evan Peters version. Which I assume is done on purpose with this being an 80's episode and Days of Future Past being set back then... so I still believe we're gonna see ATJ, somehow!

GAHHHHH! So exciting to see where everything is heading. Every week I just want more! So, SO good.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Feb 5 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #20
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
This is amazing. I’m more gripped by what’s gonna happen next than I was during any other MCU movie/project (bar Infinity War and Endgame, obviously). It’s just... wow. There’s so many thoughts going through my head especially with that reveal at the end! I’m so excited and anxious and worried for the next episode I just NEED to know what happens next

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:54 AM