BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How did you get into Ariana?, reminiscing
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jun 2 2019, 09:41 PM
Post #1
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Cast your mind back to when you first became a fan of Ariana. Was it way back in the Victorious days when she was a redhead? Maybe 'Dangerous Woman' was dangerously addictive? Or has she won you over with her admirable actions over the past couple of years? Let's tell our stories!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 2 2019, 09:41 PM
Post #2

I must confess that I never watched 'Victorious' or its spin-off 'Sam & Cat' at the time, as I had stopped watching Nickelodeon a couple of years before the former's inception. So I never knew exactly who Ariana was until 'The Way'. Two of my friends were REALLY excited about this song premiering, they were Victorious fans who had taken a liking to Ari! So the three of us watched the music video at school the day it premiered. I instantly was a fan and downloaded it later that day, so I'd say 2013 was the point where I started taking notice of Ariana. I really loved 'Popular Song' during that summer as well. The cherry on top of the cake that year is that she followed me on Twitter (!!) a few days after I heard 'The Way' for that first time, I still can't quite believe that! Basically one of my friends (one of the two Victorious fans) told me that Ariana had tweeted 'RT for a follow' and he was desperately trying to get noticed by her, so I decided to have a go at getting a follow as well! It was as easy as simply retweeting that tweet for me, such good timing, sadly my friend didn't get a follow though so he was incredibly peeved laugh.gif mess!

Over the following years I still kept a listen out for Ariana's music - I was really into 'Problem' at the time and 'Love Me Harder' became my favourite song of hers for years. The 'Dangerous Woman' era was then fab, that is still my favourite album of hers. However, I had respect for her more than ever following the Manchester tragedy. I didn't know all that much about her personality, in fact I remember the media reporting negative things if anything - like the doughnut licking saga drama.gif but the way she dealt with things was truly heart-warming. Putting together 'One Love Manchester', visiting fans in hospital, just being a general sweetheart... what a woman. The benefit concert also made me realise how stunning her live vocals are, I really need to see her in concert one day. Then, despite 'Dangerous Woman' being my favourite album of hers, the quality of her singles suddenly sky-rocketed! I found my new favourite Ari song in 'God is a Woman', she gave us 'no tears left to cry' as well and I couldn't help but love '7 rings' instantly. So I became a fan back in 2013 but I'd say I became a big fan - more than ever before - in 2018! So I was feeling very eager when the mod spot came up here, she's easily one of my favourite artists at the moment.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Jun 2 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #3
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

Oddly, I believe I somehow discovered her through 'Miranda Sings', I found videos of Ariana back when Coleen was her vocal coach and thought "Oh wow this girl has something really special!", but also recognized her from Nickelodeon as my best friends little sister always had it on TV when I spent weekends there. This was before she release The Way, when I heard it I supported and realized it was the cute bop it is. But my obsession really started when I got the notification on my phone that she released Problem and from then on I knew she was the next big thing, Break Free almost hospitalized me on first listen, love ever since.

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 3 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

I was very much one of those people who was a fan of Ariana's from Victorious, I really liked that show and always thought she was great on it! I remember I even watched a few of Ari's live streams back in the day, so we'd get a couple of teasers of her music through that too (shame Do You Love Me with Sky Blu will never get released laugh.gif). Obviously Ariana releasing The Way was a big breakthrough for her musical career which I was delighted to see happen, and I loved the Yours Truly album at the time. Honeymoon Avenue, Right There and the incredible Nathan Sykes duet Almost Is Never Enough were real highlights! Also I would still love to see a Victorious reunion!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 3 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #5

Victorious turns 10 years old next year apparently so that would be a great time for a reunion! It's fab to see that Ariana and Liz are still friends all these years later.

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 3 2019, 08:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 3 2019, 09:41 PM) *
Victorious turns 10 years old next year apparently so that would be a great time for a reunion! It's fab to see that Ariana and Liz are still friends all these years later.

I've seen the rumours, I'm believing nothing until I see it! There is definitely still potential for it though, we've seen some of the cast in the video for 'thank u, next'. And yes, it is indeed great to see they are still such good friends, I remember they used to do live streams together as well!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 3 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #7
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

cat valentine

we stan a legend

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 3 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Codyclipse 🌙 @ Jun 3 2019, 10:06 PM) *
cat valentine

we stan a legend

"What's that supposed to mean?!" biggrin.gif

Yes we do!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 3 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Two of the characters being called Cat and Jade though. How perfect kink.gif will binge-watch the episodes next year to celebrate the anniversary tbh!

(good point about the 'thank u, next' cast appearances - Liz was such a convincing Cady!)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 3 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

Is it really about to be 10 years since Victorious? I thought that came out like last year?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 3 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #11

Yup, next year Victorious turns 10 and Sam & Cat turns 7 drama.gif

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 3 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Codyclipse 🌙 @ Jun 3 2019, 10:20 PM) *
Is it really about to be 10 years since Victorious? I thought that came out like last year?

Are you kidding? Victorious ENDED in 2013!

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 3 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 3 2019, 10:20 PM) *
Two of the characters being called Cat and Jade though. How perfect kink.gif will binge-watch the episodes next year to celebrate the anniversary tbh!

I fully endorse doing this!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

wait not last year like 2008 omg

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

let this be a lesson to everyone: don't drink and shitpost

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jun 7 2019, 10:26 PM
Post #16
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I remember talking to Jack500, who has recently popped back up on the forum, who recommended Put Your Hearts Up to me. I quite liked it and followed her since, but I properly became a huge fan when Problem arrived - a 4 week #1 in my personal chart! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jun 7 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I heard The Way I think on a YT compilation & thought wow she sounds a lot like Mariah Carey then kept an eye on her following material. When problem surfaced I knew that would be her big breakthrough track.

She is also rather attractive.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Jun 12 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #18
Julian Nial
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jun 7 2019, 11:58 PM) *
She is also rather attractive.

RATHER?! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jun 12 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #19
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

I think I loved 'Problem' first of all and it was the first time I'd taken notice of her, but when I heard 'One Last Time' I saw her potential and then grew to love all 4 of her singles from that era. (To think there was a time we thought 'One Last Time' may not have been a single, imagine if she'd have done a 'Bloodline' on that eh?)

I properly stanned the Dangerous Woman era/album and was obsessed with her during that time.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Jun 12 2019, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jun 14 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Juliano @ Jun 12 2019, 03:01 PM) *
RATHER?! laugh.gif

That sentence was rather understated tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:20 PM