BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud: General Reunion Discussion, They’re back!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sacred3
post 8th November 2023, 12:31 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

I am so excited for new music. I also hope they do a new original song with the Sugababes (Girl Power).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 8th November 2023, 04:21 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th November 2023, 06:57 AM
Post #23
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

GIRLS Aloud are making a huge comeback after more than a decade away.

The pop superstars secretly reunited at a North London studio to shoot the music video for their first single in 11 years. Cheryl Tweedy, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts dedicated the new song to bandmate Sarah Harding who died of cancer in 2021 aged 39.

The reunion marks a remarkable comeback for the chart-topping group, dogged by rumours of feuds before they split in 2013. A music source said: “This has been one of the best-kept secrets in pop, but it’s actually happening now. “The girls really came back together as friends to rally around when Sarah died, and it repaired some of the old rifts and put things into perspective. Suddenly the reunion which had seemed totally impossible for so long just felt a totally natural thing to do — in Sarah’s honour.”

The four bandmates arrived in separate cars at a North London studio, wearing caps and shades to avoid being recognised. The video for their new single — the band’s first in 11 years — sees the girls playing superhero characters complete with Wonder Woman-style costumes and capes. The band — formed in 2002 on ITV talent show Pop Stars: The Rivals — are reported to be thrilled to be back working together. And they are said to be planning to make more music — before taking it out on the road. The insider added: “They’ve got a single and a video in the can, plans for a full record of new music, and for the fans the most exciting thing will be a massive reunion tour in 2024. “It’s going to be huge — and they’re all very excited to be back working together, even if there is a bittersweet element to it.

“Of course, whatever they do, there will always be nods to Sarah’s contribution to the group, too.”

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 8th November 2023, 07:20 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

I’m not crying !

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 8th November 2023, 08:23 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Never expected such a full on reunion but I am excited for it although it will be emotional seeing them without Sarah.

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 8th November 2023, 08:31 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

(Post moved from Spice Girls forum)

So Girls Aloud are reuniting. Never thought I would see them reuniting before our girls going on tour again. I’m happy for GA’s fans (also I might buy the ticket to their tour this time around too)

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th November 2023, 09:59 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Yeah Girls Aloud reuniting is unexpected specially as it means new music too... But personally, I wouldnt bother with a live tour for Girls Aloud.. I went during the Out of Control tour and it was quite bad...

They are not good as a live act lol

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 8th November 2023, 10:53 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Never ever saw any new music happening.

I’m intrigued at how they’d sound today as that xenomania sound seems very of it’s time now.

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 8th November 2023, 11:34 AM
Post #29
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

Don't have any interest in Girls Aloud without Sarah. cry.gif

+Quote this post
Melancholia
post 8th November 2023, 05:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 162,906

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 8 2023, 09:59 AM) *
Yeah Girls Aloud reuniting is unexpected specially as it means new music too... But personally, I wouldnt bother with a live tour for Girls Aloud.. I went during the Out of Control tour and it was quite bad...

They are not good as a live act lol

I loved that tour. I went to the Wembley Arena date and found out later Geri and Emma were at the same show!

The sound was diabolical though.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th November 2023, 05:47 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Wembley?

I was at the 02 one. By the time they did Fix Me Up, I was so bored I wanted to leave. My friend made me stay, not cos she was enjoying herself but because we had paid a lot of money to be there so might as well stay lol...

It was quite crap, sorry. None of them bar Nadine can hold a note, at least at the time. Sarah just shouted, the others sounded always out of breath or out of tune. Choreo was meh, the type of pop-choreo that seemed forced. The only interesting bit was the flying platform to the middle.

Nadine can sing well, great voice, and Cheryl had star power/attitude, but apart from those two aspects, the whole thing was just so... lame lol like I'm sorry but it didnt work for me at all. I like quality and artists who care for their craft. This wasnt it, clearly. They like the 'razzle dazzle' but they arent event that good at it.

I remember being particularly dissapointed cos I enjoyed Tangled Up and a lot of their singles prior to that. We went to the tour cos it seemed like they were evolving. But it was just... 'Butlins with a higher budget' lol

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th November 2023, 06:09 PM
Post #32
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

This is an exciting development! wub.gif A single/music video is rather unexpected! ohmy.gif

Yes of course it'll be bittersweet with Sarah not able to be there with them, but I don't understand writing it off before it even happens. If the girls feel that the time is right for Girls Aloud to make a come back, then I trust them completely and I will embrace it.

They'd started to plan for a 20th anniversary before Sarah became ill, so I think it's safe to think that Girls Aloud continuing is what she would have wanted. She'll always be a part of Girls Aloud. Coming together as a 4 piece will absolutely never erase the memory of Sarah. If anything, them being around again and strengthening the legacy of the group - past and present - is surely a positive.

Personally I don't think all the Xenomania productions are of their time. A lot of their singles (and albums) were so out of step with what other pop artists were doing, that many of them have a timeless feel to me. Girls Aloud and Xenomania really was its own lane! So for that reason I don't have particular worries of "Oh the new single sound straight out of 2007" (not that this would be a bad thing for me anyway!). It'll be interesting to see whether they stick with Xenomania or are open to new collaborators. I think On the Metro proved it can work, while Beautiful Cause You Love Me - which I do like - wasn't a very "Girls Aloud" sound.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th November 2023, 06:40 PM
Post #33
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Also, surprised to see a negative assessment of them as a touring act. thinking.gif

Their tours were always such spectacles and in my opinion worth every penny (when you consider that in those days tickets were like, not even £40, what a bargain for what they gave). They served a live band, a surprisingly high proportion of live vocals throughout, full use of stage with constant choreography, multiple dancers, props, pyrotechics, even a moving stage high above the audience. Screen videos that were sometimes breathtaking. Their tours were such a delight, I honestly felt there was zero opportunity to ever get bored and was always left wanting more.

As girl groups go in a live setting, I truly think they set the bar to be matched.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 8th November 2023, 07:31 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Really hope this is true ! I won’t get too excited until an official announcement (even though i’ve been listening to them all day)

It certainly will be bittersweet without Sarah however i’m sure she would have give them the go ahead and i’m sure if it’s true that they are touring they will honour her memory!

In terms of touring their Tangled Up Tour remains my favourite concert of all time and the Out Of Control and Ten tour were amazing too so I don’t know how someone could say it was so bad but each to their own I guess. They all certainly brought something - Nadine and Nicola voice wise, Cheryl stage presence, Kimberley maybe the least out of the 4 but brought beauty and dancing ability at least. Sarah definitely did seem like the heart of the band and brought the energy so she will definitely be missed though!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th November 2023, 08:15 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Hope it goes well for them. Not really a fan of their music or them but they handled Sarah's death with dignity and I'm sure she would have loved for the band to go on, just bittersweet she wont be part of it.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 8th November 2023, 08:30 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

Let's Go Inuit Productions!

Hope the single is more like The Loving Kind/Untouchable in style as that was my two favorites' of their output. The trancepop influence of the latter particularly relevant now.

Bittersweet without Sarah as others have said.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th November 2023, 09:17 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 8 2023, 08:15 PM) *
Hope it goes well for them. Not really a fan of their music or them but they handled Sarah's death with dignity and I'm sure she would have loved for the band to go on, just bittersweet she wont be part of it.

I totally agree with this (apart from not being a fan of the music I adore it), they really did Sarah's memory justice and continue to do so now, it is incredibly bittersweet.

I'm shocked about new music, it has made it all a bit more interesting to me in that they are continuing with their craft and releasing more. Man I wish the Spice Girls would wake up and do the same. heart.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th November 2023, 09:19 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Nov 8 2023, 06:40 PM) *
Also, surprised to see a negative assessment of them as a touring act. thinking.gif

Their tours were always such spectacles and in my opinion worth every penny (when you consider that in those days tickets were like, not even £40, what a bargain for what they gave). They served a live band, a surprisingly high proportion of live vocals throughout, full use of stage with constant choreography, multiple dancers, props, pyrotechics, even a moving stage high above the audience. Screen videos that were sometimes breathtaking. Their tours were such a delight, I honestly felt there was zero opportunity to ever get bored and was always left wanting more.

As girl groups go in a live setting, I truly think they set the bar to be matched.

I completely agree and I feel all girls brought something to the stage:
Nadine / Nicole = great vocals
Cheryl = great chorography and star quality
Sarah = Stage presence and fun
Kimberly = The other one laugh.gif

Their last tour was vocally the worst for me I remember being ever so slightly disappointed that time, Tangled Up was brilliant!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 8th November 2023, 11:29 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 8 2023, 08:15 PM) *

Totally agree, they handled everything with such dignity and they learned from Sarahs illness and passing in a way of healing the rift and realising the important things in life. As other said, I'm sure the reunion was discussed with Sarah and its something i could see Sarah been very supportive of, i also think they will honour Sarah with great dignity when they tour.

+Quote this post
lovaticuk
post 9th November 2023, 07:25 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 127,517

I can't wait to Cheryl back on stage where she belongs, she's too much of a superstar to be selling vitamins. Hoping it gives her a taste of the spotlight again to actually become a celebrity again, in particular to finally release Miss You and to throw a couple of theatre live dates out there.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:36 PM