BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nico & Vinz - Elephant in the Room EP, Out November 3rd
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post Jun 22 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

They're back! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif With their first single from their 'next musical adventure'!

This post has been edited by PeteFromLeeds: Nov 16 2017, 04:21 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Jun 22 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
They'll always be one hit wonders wont they. Don't actually hear 'Am I Wrong' at all anymore which is strange considering how big it was.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jun 22 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #3
Group icon
QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jun 22 2017, 09:08 PM) *
They'll always be one hit wonders wont they. Don't actually hear 'Am I Wrong' at all anymore which is strange considering how big it was.

Yeah, I think they had the perfect fusion between African and modern pop/urban with Am I Wrong, whilst their follow Up, In Your Arms, was too pop-heavy (although I loved it). They've dropped the African roots for their last EP and now for this, which is quite unfortunate.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Jun 22 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jun 22 2017, 09:15 PM) *
Yeah, I think they had the perfect fusion between African and modern pop/urban with Am I Wrong, whilst their follow Up, In Your Arms, was too pop-heavy (although I loved it). They've dropped the African roots for their last EP and now for this, which is quite unfortunate.

Yeah Am I Wrong was almost ahead of its time (I always remember it alongside 'Rude') and both songs were some of the first big Pop African influenced hits. Ignoring Fuse ODG of course.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Jun 23 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
It sounds quite different to Am I Wong (and whatever their follow up was called laugh.gif ) I might grow on it, it's catchy in places ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 16 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon

So the EP is called Elephant in the Room and is out now. 'What I Came Out For' is okay but the rest of the EP is very underwhelming for me, they're going back to their urban roots and the style of music they produced when they were Envy, which isn't what I wanted to happen. I think this definitely pushes them off my 'favourite artist' spot.

I'm just a little disappointed based on how much I loved every single song from Black Star Elephant. At least I've still got that.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:57 PM