BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Opening Songs, On Each of her Studio Albums
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Best Album Opening Song?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
pippa
post Jul 10 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
As we know, Kylie to date, has released 14 studio sets.
On only 2 occasions the opening tracks were not singles, this was wit Fever and Impossible Princess albums.

In the first poll, what is the best song?

In the 2nd poll, what is the best song from the 2 that did not progress to single status?

In poll 3 what was the worst opening song on her albums?

In Poll 4, what is the best live album release from Kylie to date?

With all, try and keep in mind the context of the album in addition to the actual songs.

Please cast your votes and post your selections.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 10 2019, 02:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
All The Lovers (Amazing Song).
Too Far, More (More More never did much and was one of the weakest tracks on Fever).
2 Hearts (doesn't reflect the album, wrong lead single but a good album track only).
Showgirl: Homecoming Live (wonderful release and Aphrodite Live was an extremely close second).

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 10 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Best (single): Better the Devil You Know
Was so difficult choosing my favourite because they're all such brilliant songs/singles really! If it was multiple choice I'd have ended up voting for All the Lovers, Into the Blue, Dancing, etc too but went with Better the Devil You Know - a classic and still sounds absolutely fantastic today wub.gif

Best (non-single): Too Far
This was such a revelation for me on the Showgirl Homecoming tour - I'd never really paid much attention to Impossible Princess until then because it's one of her weaker albums for me, but that's when it properly clicked with me.

Worst: Word Is Out
Not a massive fan of 2 Hearts or Slow, but this stands out as the weakest for me, eek. sad.gif

Best live album: Showgirl
No tour will ever come close to this *.*

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 10 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Calum @ Jul 10 2019, 03:37 PM) *
Best (single): Better the Devil You Know
Was so difficult choosing my favourite because they're all such brilliant songs/singles really! If it was multiple choice I'd have ended up voting for All the Lovers, Into the Blue, Dancing, etc too but went with Better the Devil You Know - a classic and still sounds absolutely fantastic today wub.gif

Best (non-single): Too Far
This was such a revelation for me on the Showgirl Homecoming tour - I'd never really paid much attention to Impossible Princess until then because it's one of her weaker albums for me, but that's when it properly clicked with me.

Worst: Word Is Out
Not a massive fan of 2 Hearts or Slow, but this stands out as the weakest for me, eek. sad.gif

Best live album: Showgirl
No tour will ever come close to this *.*

Better The Devil You Know will forever remain a classic, how the song missed Number 1 looking back appears strange as it was one of those songs that has Number 1 written all over it.
Too Far, like many Kylie songs, needs to be performed live to bring the real emotion of the song across.
The IP era inparticular was an era that needed to be showcased live for the audience to get a full understanding of the album.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 11 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
All the lovers
Too Far
2 Hearts
Aphrodite

In round 1 there is a few I could vote for but all the lovers I still enjoy and its the most regular kylie song I listen too, better the devil you know is a very close 2nd.

Never liked more more more, too far is good but I prefer othe songs on IP more.

If 2 hearts wasnt the lead single I may like it more but I always feel it prevented x from been more successful.

I'm a huge fan of live albums and I like them all but aphrodite right now edges the others a little bit.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 11 2019, 07:07 AM
Post #6
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Best Opening: All the Lovers
Best Opening non-single: More More More
Worst Opening: Its The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

I'm not familiar with a lot of her live albums, but I went for KylieFever2002.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 11 2019, 08:18 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It's the most wonderful time of the year is one of the better songs on kylie Christmas for me. 2 hearts on the other hand is a better song but not the best opener to an album that has a few far better songs.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 11 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Strong selection of opening songs there! I'm split between 'Spinning Around' and 'All the Lovers'.

I rate 'More More More' higher than 'Too Far' but I like them both. 'Too Far' was a great opener for Impossible Princess, definitely makes an impression and declares "here's my new sound!". It would be much more obvious to use 'Love at First Sight' or 'Head' as the opening track for Fever, but I really like how 'More More More' eases you in yet still feels like a strong first track. Looking at her other albums and which album tracks could potentially have made good openers, I reckon 'Still Standing' would have worked well for Body Language. I just like the cheeky "do you wanna hear me sing pop?" line which makes a statement on her new sound; I also think 'Still Standing' - 'Slow' - 'Secret' really works well as a run of songs and it allows 'Slow' to fit in with the album a bit more.

Least favourite song would be 'Its The Most Wonderful Time of The Year' purely based on it being my least favourite song there rather than how it works as an album opener, as I think it does work with its grand intro.

The only live album I own is the Aphrodite one so I'll go for that one.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 11 2019, 12:29 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Wow lots of strong album openers there! My favourite of the lot is 'Slow' as that's my favourite Kylie song overall wub.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 11 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jul 11 2019, 01:23 PM) *
Strong selection of opening songs there! I'm split between 'Spinning Around' and 'All the Lovers'.

I rate 'More More More' higher than 'Too Far' but I like them both. 'Too Far' was a great opener for Impossible Princess, definitely makes an impression and declares "here's my new sound!". It would be much more obvious to use 'Love at First Sight' or 'Head' as the opening track for Fever, but I really like how 'More More More' eases you in yet still feels like a strong first track. Looking at her other albums and which album tracks could potentially have made good openers, I reckon 'Still Standing' would have worked well for Body Language. I just like the cheeky "do you wanna hear me sing pop?" line which makes a statement on her new sound; I also think 'Still Standing' - 'Slow' - 'Secret' really works well as a run of songs and it allows 'Slow' to fit in with the album a bit more.

Least favourite song would be 'Its The Most Wonderful Time of The Year' purely based on it being my least favourite song there rather than how it works as an album opener, as I think it does work with its grand intro.

The only live album I own is the Aphrodite one so I'll go for that one.

I place More More More in the weak part of the Fever album your point about it easing the listener into the album is a good point.
Fever is an album that builds as you through the album after More More More.
Too Far was a good choice of opener to Impossible Princess as clearly let the listener know here is my new sound.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 12 2019, 02:36 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Good to see the votes are fairly close in all the different rounds. I expected too far to be more in the lead over more more more than it is.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 12 2019, 12:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
With Too Far and More More More i did not know which would prevail as recently i had seen many people mention More More More favourably.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 12 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Too far is far more unique for me.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 15 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Too Far is really edgy and was so far away from what anyone would expect Kylie to record.
More More More did fit into the Fever sound but amongst such other strong songs it never stood out.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 16 2019, 01:29 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Really thought a live CD of the golden tour would have been released to add to her live releases.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 PM