BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Good Place, American comedy series starring Kristen Bell
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post 26th January 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #41
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Also, renewed for Season 3! With the Season 2 finale next week cry.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 2nd February 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #42
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

Can't believe season 2 is over! Obviously, not as good as the first season but I loved all the twists and the twist in the final episode wub.gif
September can't come quick enough sad.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 2nd February 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

The final was okay, but it really doesn't seem like they know where they're going with it all ...

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 2nd February 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #44
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

I predict that the 4 of them are going to find each other unknowingly in the real world and work together to do something good for Eleanor’s charity and Tahani will throw a party or something and they’ll get into the good place 😂

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 3rd February 2018, 10:33 AM
Post #45
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 2 2018, 11:15 AM) *
I predict that the 4 of them are going to find each other unknowingly in the real world and work together to do something good for Eleanor’s charity and Tahani will throw a party or something and they’ll get into the good place 😂

I thought this too!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 3rd February 2018, 12:26 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Just finished this, and yeah, I agree with the idea that they don’t seem to know where they’re going with this at all, I feel like each seasons gonna end up feeling like a sort of rehash of the previous one, but I guess if it’s still fun I can’t complain

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd February 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I actually really liked the second season, probably a little bit more than the first. I loved the twists and turns and the Trolley problem episode had me in stitches.

Really very curious to see how they develop the show from here.

For me this has to be on of the best shows from the past couple of years
QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 2 2018, 11:15 AM) *
That would be awesome! And I agree, it does feel like they'll come into each others lives someway or another. Really can't wait to see how they manage to wind Jason into the thread they've started.

Feels like Elenor is the central thread that improves all of them and thus gets them all into the Good Place

Whatever happens, it feels already like Season 3 has a lot of promise.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 3rd February 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #48
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

So I started this series a few weeks back as the concept intrigued me - Season 1 was one of the best first seasons of a comedy I've seen in a long time, so much development, brilliant characterisations, moral points and shock twists that all worked so well, I was srsly impressed.

Season 2 has certainly been a bit of a step down (although the second episode with the constant reboots had me howling), but it's a little hard to follow such a concept and I think they've done some great character development, just perhaps a little focus on the romances would do it better.

The finale, as good as it was, did signify that this wouldn't work as a really long running show as it did seem a bit overly familiar, but it at least kept things going and I will still definitely be watching a season 3. Bear in mind we still haven't seen what the ACTUAL (omg that Jameelaism wasn't even intended but ha) good place is like so surely that would be something to touch on next time, I'm hoping there's a little bit more to it than just a fabled heaven land

+Quote this post
p a v
post 3rd February 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #49
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

i don't think they will ever show either good or bad place in the future. or it will be something very abstract.

either way i LOVED the final two episodes, as well as the entire season. so much development and amazing twists. kristen is obviously one incredible scene stealer but i am LIVING for janet (TOTALLY saw the 'bad janet is good janet' twist coming!) and maya *.* hopefully there will be more of the judge in season 3.

this might be the most intelligent and funniest sitcom of the recent years.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 3rd February 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(ionderella @ Feb 3 2018, 08:59 PM) *
i don't think they will ever show either good or bad place in the future. or it will be something very abstract.

either way i LOVED the final two episodes, as well as the entire season. so much development and amazing twists. kristen is obviously one incredible scene stealer but i am LIVING for janet (TOTALLY saw the 'bad janet is good janet' twist coming!) and maya *.* hopefully there will be more of the judge in season 3.

this might be the most intelligent and funniest sitcom of the recent years.

this this this

Can't believe anyone would call this a step-down or don't think they know what they're doing

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 28th June 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Always saw this on netflix but only just got round to watching it the other day. Absolutely brilliant and so addictive, one of the funniest comedies I’ve watched in a while.

Janet literally has me howling every time she opens her mouth! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 28th June 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I marathoned it a few months ago, really loved it. Incredibly funny and intelligent as well.

"Who died and put Aristotle in charge of ethics?"

"PLATO!!".

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 27th July 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #53
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I loved season 2 just as much as season 1. Not sure why people think they don't know where they're going with this. However, I do think they should wrap this up with Season 4, it's not one of those comedies that can go on forever. Also, I hope we get a glimpse of the actual Good Place next season.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 10th September 2018, 01:16 PM
Post #54
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I finally finished this last week after bingeing season 2, idk why i struggled to get into it before :') I love the direction they're taking it in and it's going to be so interesting to see how they all cross paths in their real lives given how different they all are. I'm here for Chidi and Eleanor now, such cuties who genuinely make each other better people, so I'm well aboard that ship. Unsure about Jason and Tahani though, they feel a little too forced together for convenience?? Wish we'd seen the full version of the reboot where Tahani was Eleanors soulmate though kink.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

This is absolute SHITE

It reminds me of that programme with Rachel's sister from Friends, the one who wanted the baby. She had amnesia and they had flashbacks to ''bitch' moments. It comes off as contrived and like they couldn't find a way to fit a funny moment into the storylune.

This is ham fisted, cheesy, and with the worst set of characters I have ever seen. Hi I am going to bore you about philosophy whilst being a goody goody whilst forcing myself onto you as your soulmate skweeee! Hi I am a monk WHO DOES NOT SPEAK. Hi! I am the controller with a MESS of a personality. Terrrrible.

Unless they go back to earth and away from that fake ass set, I am not interested. Whose idea was it to have a teeny tiny computerised set with a limited number of characters?

The jokes too man aliiive. Embarrassing death ... trolleys into a penis enlargement truck. Yaaawn.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 23rd September 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #56
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

only 3 days to go *.*

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 23rd September 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #57
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Cannot wait for season 3!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 23rd September 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #58
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Not going to lie, I kinda agree with you. I liked the show to begin with, but now I basically force myself to watch it because my friend loves it. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd September 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Michael hates it, the ultimate quality mark

I can't wait for this to return. It's such a smart, witty heartwarming show.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd September 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Sep 23 2018, 10:42 PM) *
Not going to lie, I kinda agree with you. I liked the show to begin with, but now I basically force myself to watch it because my friend loves it. tongue.gif

This

It's such a ham-fisted, stupid show. It is unfunny, forced, completely contrived, with the cheapest storylines it can find. The characters are terrible. Chidi is the worst character in YEARS. I'd say only the Cleveland Show bears come close, or Stuart from EE. He is such an insufferable bore - philosophy, moaning, stating the obvious, hanging around to say how good he was in life.

The cut aways do not work and are ENTIRELY derivative and contrived, amped up but yet so flat with as bitchy as situations as they can think of to highlight how oh so unsuitable she is for this cheesy af 'paradise'.

Is it paradise, or just American fantasy, to have a STRANGER enter your house and say I'm your soulmate surpriiiiiiseeee? Soulmate surpriiiiiseee! SOOOULMERRT SERPRERRRSSEEE! Anddd then live in a TIIIINY, supposedly eventless, town with 300 people for ETERNITY? ETERNITY. They sounded bored by the storylines and painful dialogue two days in. They should be glad someone is there that shouldn't be to give themselves something to react to!

Also tough shit if you want to use um ALL OF ETERNITY in a tiny plastic bubble learning languages. Oops. Translaaated!

SHITE

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 02:55 AM