BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
43 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Get Weird' • Discussion, Bank Holiday sales helping out?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Electro Paradise
post Apr 3 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104
The girls have confirmed on twitter that they are currently in the studio recording their third album.

Jade has previously stated they'd love to work with One Republic, Jason Derulo and American producers for this album. Also, they're are tweets stating they're working with 'The Invisible Men', Troy Boi, Anya Jones & Maegan Cottone.

Very excited to see what this album will be like after loving their previous two!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Apr 3 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
Their gonna need to bring their A game this time round. "Salute" was leaps better than their debut, but it's chart performance is bad.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 3 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Their chart performance mirrored 'DNA'/was better! (At least chart run wise - sales are low overall though, so they can't be blamed for the sales being low + they had a charity single in the way this time around.)

But absolutely cannot wait, naturally. Jade posted this the other day on facebook:

"The writing book is back #StudioTime xxjadexx"

+Quote this post
PaO_o
post Apr 4 2014, 06:04 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,367
Hope they get a big hit song for saving their life. Salute is a good album but it hasn't a big hit single that makes poor album sales than DNA.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Apr 4 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
QUOTE(PaO_o @ Apr 4 2014, 07:04 AM) *
Hope they get a big hit song for saving their life. Salute is a good album but it hasn't a big hit single that makes poor album sales than DNA.

I think the fact 'Move' charted in the Top 3 and has sold over 350k to date tells me that it was a big hit. 'Salute' has sold quite well too, especially in this poor sales (album) climate.

+Quote this post
PaO_o
post Apr 4 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,367
QUOTE(OutstandingMike @ Apr 4 2014, 06:53 PM) *
I think the fact 'Move' charted in the Top 3 and has sold over 350k to date tells me that it was a big hit. 'Salute' has sold quite well too, especially in this poor sales (album) climate.

But they can't crack America with Move which is very poor single sell. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Apr 4 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
What's with all the talk of poor chart performance? 'Salute' (my phone corrected that to '$l*t' - found it far too amusing) did pretty well imo, it didn't suffer the same sophomore slump that's typical of the other winners and it was much better received than their debut. The "save their life" comment is just ridiculous. laugh.gif

I really can't wait for this! I know it's a long shot, but I hope they release two singles before the album a la 'DNA'. If they're of the same standard as 'Wings', 'Move' or 'DNA' then I'll be very chuffed!

Edit: wot is that filter

This post has been edited by Defaze: Apr 4 2014, 09:11 PM

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post Apr 14 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
They've been writing with Jessie J, possibly collaboration coming, not sure how I feel about that atm but will 100% reserve judgement until we hear it (if we do).

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Apr 15 2014, 02:50 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
I can't say I'm particularly inspired by the likes of Jason Derulo and Jessie J. sick2.gif It looks like they've completely ditched Tulisa now. laugh.gif They never seem to talk about her anymore.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Apr 15 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
The next album is the album that needs to bring them to new level. They have done well do date but they need to move up a league now.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Apr 15 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
More Salute's less About The Boy's please biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Apr 15 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Yeah, the idea of working with Jessie J really isn't something that excites me... they kind of feel like they've moved beyond a sound I'd expect to hear her collaborate with them on.

The Invisible Men are great though, co-/produced 'Work', 'Hot Right Now', 'On The Metro' for Girls Aloud, so that does interest me.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post May 31 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Read an article on digital spy that they are finding the third album challenging. Woops laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post Jun 1 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
That article worried me for one reason and that was that they said they would be releasing a new single in November, even if the album wasn't ready. I really think artists should have the whole album finished before picking the singles. The Saturdays tend to do this strategy a lot and it doesn't pay off, you have to pick from the best of the album, not the best of the handful of songs you've recorded as you're worried people might move on if you don't release something. They need to release music that is worthy of waiting for - I don't mean take 3 years off, but an extra 6 months isn't going to kill anyone, especially as it would just give them more time to release more singles and to visit more countries for longer periods of time, they don't need to be 100% out of the publics mind for that long. They've had two very successful lead singles from both albums, they really need to have a 3rd, possibly even bigger hit for album #3, not just release a single cause you've hit your deadline. This all said, I think they have plenty of time to create a killer single by November, I just hope they have at least 80% of the album finished before they release anything related to it.

This post has been edited by Electro Paradise: Jun 1 2014, 12:29 PM

+Quote this post
JONES
post Jun 1 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,355
We know that's not true though they are a syco artist and have the same routine every year I'm am 100% percent sure that they will release a single in November and the album a week later for maximum sales
Even though they will have less time as the are tour us in September i would presume they won't have a holiday and make it throughout the summer

This post has been edited by JONES: Jun 1 2014, 12:49 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 1 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Can we PLEASE stop with the personal insults and sop trying to antagonise one another? This forum is welcome to any kind of discussion, but there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed. Thank you.

---

Also, in regards to sean's post, I'd be worried if they didn't find it "challenging". Nothing comes easy, especially when the album before was as good as 'Salute' was. Plus, I'm sure artists like Ed Sheeran, Adele, Emeli and the like find it challenging when writing their own songs for their albums, hence why they take about 3 years between each album. It's more difficult for Little Mix as they're manufactured and don't have the fanbase that will wait patiently for an album. Many manufactured pop bands release an album year after year in fear of "being forgotten" or nobody caring about them if they took too long out. It's been like this for years.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jun 1 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I also think the problem is that DNA + Salute have both been quite successful in terms of lead singles so they ideally need a top 5 smash.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jul 16 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm starting to think they don't have any direction/theme for this album. Obviously DNA was their debut and Salute was all about women/feminism/empowering and they claimed it had a military feel to it. But they've posting a video asking for ideas? Did they do this with the previous two? huh.gif

+Quote this post
JONES
post Jul 16 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Yea they did... They said they're going for a similar sound to salute but more r'n'b and a step up

+Quote this post
JONES
post Aug 13 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
The girls have posted pics confirming they are working with Jess Glynn but I think she's just producing it and not signing, we'll see...

+Quote this post

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:16 AM