BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Capture, BBC One
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Aug 1 2019, 11:54 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

A surveillance thriller starring Holliday Grainger and Callum Turner. Coming Soon to BBC One and BBC iPlayer.

When proud British soldier Shaun Emery’s (Turner) conviction for a murder in Afghanistan is successfully overturned due to flawed video evidence, he begins to plan for his life as a free man with his six year old daughter. However, when damning CCTV footage emerges from an incident in London, it isn’t long before Shaun finds himself fighting for his freedom once more, only with lies, betrayal and corruption spreading further than he ever could have imagined. With DI Rachel Carey (Grainger) drafted in to investigate in what could be a career-defining case, she must discover if there is more to the shocking evidence than first meets the eye. Rachel will soon learn that the truth is merely a matter of perspective - before deciding what hers is.

With an adamant Shaun battling with his tormented past in order to clear his name once and for all, The Capture looks at a troubling world of misinformation, fake news, and the extraordinary technological capabilities of the intelligence services. In the post-truth era and when criminal justice relies so heavily on video evidence, can we always believe what we see?

Seems like the sort of drama that would be up my street so I'll be giving this a go when it airs! I recognise Holliday Grainger from when she was in Waterloo Road many years ago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 3 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Idol

Did anyone watch this? I was out tonight but intend to watch on catch up. Seems to have gone down well with the episode ending with a big twist - already being hailed "the new Bodyguard"!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 11 2019, 11:22 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol

Just completed my watch of the first episode and I really enjoyed it! I liked the way we were drip-fed the CCTV footage to add a bit of mystery and intensity whilst the foundations of the show were set. It's an interesting take on a crime thriller with the 'can we what we see?' angle.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Sep 13 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #4
Jord
Group: Members
Member No.: 27,116

I’m liking it so far.

It’s one of those shows where you’re sort of (for me at least) not really trusting anyone and feeling as though everyone’s suspicious / shifty.

I think there’s gonna be some sort of twist happening where he’s innocent at the moment but we shall see.

I’m glad it went on just one episode a week as well as it adds to the feeling of waiting a whole week to watch the next one

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 24 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Idol

The layers keep building and my excitement is rising further. Found myself shouting out "yes!" with that closing question of "bet you want to know what the f*** is going on?". laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 24 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #6
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Urgh this has come at the wrong time for me, I initially passed it off and have just dipped in and out of eps 1, 2 and 4 whilst its been on in the background but I feel I should have been watching it properly!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Oct 1 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #7
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

OMG just read your opening post in full now Liam.

I knew that I had seen Holliday Grainger before. It’s Stacey Appleyard laugh.gif

I still remember the episode she played the poetry like song on the piano to the tune of Atomic Kitten Whole Again.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 10 2019, 02:16 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol

Not sure what to make of the finale. Admittedly I had to search online after to confirm what actually happened and, while it all makes sense, I've found myself not being satisfied with the conclusion. It's been so thrilling and intriguing all the way through and closed on an anti-climax.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Oct 30 2019, 06:27 PM
Post #9
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Just watching this at the minute and it's brillant!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:00 AM