BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sherlock • Series 4, Sundays at 9pm
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Apr 6 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Benedict Cumberbatch has recently finished filming 'Doctor Strange', the latest Marvel film and so filming for the fourth series of Sherlock has begun! cheer.gif

The first of the three episodes will be directed by Rachel Talalay (known for her work on The Nightmare of Elm Street and recent series finales of Doctor Who!). This is what Steven Moffatt and Mark Gatiss have to say:

Moffat and Gatiss said: “Sherlock series four – here we go again! Whatever else we do, wherever we all go, all roads lead back to Baker Street – and it always feels like coming home. Ghosts of the past are rising in the lives of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson bringing adventure, romance and terror in their wake. This is the story we’ve been telling from the beginning. A story about to reach its climax ...”

'A story about to reach its climax' - the teases! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jul 24 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Exciting! dance.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 25 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Love that trailer! There's rumours that Tom Hiddleston will be joining the series playing a third Holmes brother! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jul 25 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I Drink Wine
Certainly some surprising news if true ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jul 25 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
trailer looks really good!! cheer.gif ready for this to come back laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Sep 26 2016, 01:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
The first episode of the fourth series will be titled 'The Six Thatchers' and the second episode is titled 'The Lying Detective'. Digital Spy suggests that 'The Six Thatchers' could be linked to Doyle's 'The Adventure Of The Six Napoleons', whilst 'The Lying Detective' may be a spin on the book series' 'The Adventure Of The Dying Detective' for any fans of the books!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jan 1 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Not my favourite episode tonight, I was never that keen on the Mary character, so for her story to be central, it struggled to keep my interest.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jan 2 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I found the first episode a bit of a chore to get through, it was pretty dull in places and I was losing interest in it, as Rooney said about the character of Mary never did nothing for me, I'm glad she is out of the picture pretty quick, I did have high anticipation for the new series, but after that episode, I'm still yet to be hooked by it, hope the next episode, picks upa gear or two. By the looks of the trailer it looks promising.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 4 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Seen a lot of mixed reviews but I quite enjoyed it! It wasn't up to the standards of the first two episodes but it was better than most of Series 3 (including the special). Largely down to the fact that it was returning to dedicating the episode to one long mystery. I get the want and need for character development and long running plots but I really think the show should be about one mystery covering the entire episode. It doesn't work to just have a long running storyline as the main basis for the episodes like they're basically doing since the start of Series 3 when you're only doing 3 episodes every 2/3 years. Hopefully next week is back on track, it seems so based on the trailer.

The bit with Watson and the woman on the bus was a bit random, it'll probably be explored in the next two episodes but as a standalone, it really stood out to be as unnecessary and random.

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jan 7 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
feminist icon
Really enjoyed the first episode, although completely agreeing with Froot that they need to chill with the background stories and just give us one solid mystery. Next weeks looks intriguing tho!

still waiting for an episode as good as hound of the baskervilles tbh ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 7 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I Drink Wine
I don't understand the negative reaction I've seen on Twitter and in newspaper reviews, I thought it was quite enjoyable! I might just be feeling that after how bad the last year's special episode was - I guess it wasn't up to the standard of episodes in the past. But it was certainly enjoyable and a nice re-introduction to the show.

I agree with some of the comments here about the random side stories, particularly Watson and bus lady. I guess we will see in the rest of the series!

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jan 8 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
feminist icon
Omg that episode was so good ohmy.gif a definite step up!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jan 8 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
This was pretty good tonight, I think that was the best episode to date, it was so well written, it did play a lot of mind games, trying it to fool the viewer in places. Next week's finale looks pretty good.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jan 9 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
The best episode since series 2! Really enjoyed that.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 9 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I Drink Wine
Fantastic episode last night! Mrs Hudson was amazing, it's so nice to see her take a bigger role in the show. Omg at the end twist as well!

+Quote this post
danG
post Jan 9 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
really good series so far, loved that shock ending ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 10 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #17
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
YES! Definitely the best episode since Series 2! Thought Toby Jones was excellent as the villain, who was definitely the best villain aside from Moriarty. Loved that it seemed as though Sherlock was one step ahead of him but then he would be one step ahead of Sherlock and it would continue like that throughout!

Still think that the cheating thing with Watson in the last episode was and bit forced in to set up the twist in this episode but it was still an excellent twist as I never thought the three characters were played by the same person which highlights the strength of the actress! Particularly never suspected that Faith was two different people!

Looking forward to the finale, hopefully it will be the end of all the 'miss me?' everywhere laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 14 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I Drink Wine
Apparently the final episode has leaked! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jan 15 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #19
Group icon
feminist icon
!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

That HAS to be one of (if not) the best episodes ohmy.gif so so intense, I was heartbroken ENOUGH about it being a dog laugh.gif

Moriarty wub.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 15 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I Drink Wine
That was so intense! Really gripping from the start. After the lacklustre first episode, the last two have been fantastic! That ending sequence seems like a bit of a goodbye. At least for now.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:49 PM