BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pink - The Singles Rate - Results, Full Results On Page 8
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post 21st November 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Welcome to the Pink Singles rate results, after weeks of voting, with 34 singles and a whopping 34 singles in the running, the results will begin in this thread, and what will be the winner. With so many iconic hits such as "Get The Party Started", "Just Like A Pill", "Who Knew", "So What", "Raise Your Glass" & "Just Give Me A Reason", what will come out on top, any thoughts any predictions, everything will be revealed very soon.

This post has been edited by Acidburn: 6th December 2015, 07:33 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 21st November 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Just Like A Pill or Who Knew to win.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 21st November 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 21 2015, 06:11 PM) *
Just Like A Pill or Who Knew to win.

This! Family Portrait and Please Don't Leave Me/I Don't Believe You to finish highish also please!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 21st November 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Who Knew, So What or Perfect to win, by far my 3 favourites heart.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 21st November 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

I think who knew will win but I hope it's just like a pill. Also hope don't let me get me is high too 😃

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 21st November 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I would like a Who Knew win. It never seems to win these things. I'd also love to see Leave Me Alone in the top 20 at least.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 21st November 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon

This box I painted pains me

33. Today's The Day

Average: 5.878

Highest Rates: 8.5/8: (JosephStyles, Regina, Troublepink, Noahspike, Kylie Jackson, Riser)
Lowest Rates: -1/1: (Ezra's Whore, Fgiboy2511), 2.5/2: (Beatrix Kiddo, Dandy)

34. Bridge Of Light // Happy Feet 2 Soundtrack

Average: 5.216

Highest Rates: 10: (Riser), 8: (HonkyBonkXMAS, Iz, T Boy, Regina, Troublepink)
Lowest Rates: 0: (Fgiboy2511), 2.5/2: (Beatrix Kiddo, Dandy)

The first 2 to bow out are 2 of Pink's non album singles, and comes to no surprise really as firstly they are nowhere near as good or well known as her other hits. That's not to say that they are bad, in fact they are both decent enough tracks, but can see why they are ranked at the bottom and just goes to show how strong her discography is.

first up at #34 is Bridge Of Light, released in December 2011 as the theme song to the hit animated movie Happy Feet Two and basically serves as a stop gap or a treat, you might say to tide the fans over, while Pink was working on her new album which would be released the following year. Pink also lends her voice to the movie as well. The song itself is nice enough, an emotional uplifting ballad and shows a softer and mellow style to Pink, which was a nice surprise and it does show off her impressive range. Due to minimal promotion the song didn't make a big impact, but did manage top 10 peaks in Austria, Germany and Swiss, as well as charting top 30 in Australia.

At #33 is Today's The Day, another non album single and released in September of this year and serves as the new theme song for The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Written by Greg Kurstin and Pink herself and combines her sound and the feel good vibe of the show. It's an okay song but not really memorable, to be honest I has to listen to it a few times, coz I kept forgetting how it goes. It's harmless enough though, but Pink can do better and we know it.

This post has been edited by Acidburn: 22nd November 2015, 02:04 AM

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 21st November 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Not surprising at those two being last. They're not really well known. I expect the CTMH singles to be up soon as well

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st November 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

U + Ur Hand to flop as much as possible for a horrifically overrated song please.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 21st November 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Well his slick ass lines were kinda workin'

31. You Make Me Sick | Can't Take Me Home

Average: 6.162

Highest Rates: 10: (American Oxygen), 8: (HonkyBonkXMAS, Vibe, Troublepink, Viper)
Lowest Rates: 1 (Fgiboy2511), 4.5/4: (T Boy, Regina, gavindeejay, Jark)

32. Last To Know | Try This

Average: 5.9

Highest Rates: 11: (Nick F1), 10: (Troublepink), 9.5/9: (Regina, Atonement, Jark)
Lowest Rates: 0: (Fgiboy2511), 2: (American Oxygen, Aled)

The next 2 to drop are 2 final singles, one from her first album and the other from her 3rd. Neither songs are well remembered or rank as one of her greats, but both quite decent and very different to the other. One features on her one and only R&B album, and the other is more harder edge rock.

At #32 we have Last To Know, released in April 2004 as the 4th and final single from her 3rd album Try This. It's definitely the album's most forgotten and poorest selling hit. Released by the label without any promo from Pink herself in Europe only, and wasn't given a release in the USA due to the poor reception of the album and previous singles there and only given a live performance music video. So basically this wasn't really given a chance. It isn't a bad song, a good album track, but not a good single. Upon release it didn't make much impact on the charts by becoming her first to miss the UK top 20 peaking at #21, while charting in the top 40 in Ireland and Netherlands, then making small impressions in Swiss, Austria and Germany.

At #31 is You Make Me Sick, released in December 2000 as the 3rd and final single from her debut album Can't Take Me Home, and marks her final R&B sounding hit, as she changed musical direction going for a Pop/Rock sound for further releases. Coming off the back of 2 successful singles, this one was definitely weaker than the others, while it's an okay jam and has a kinda fun vibe to it, but her heart wasn't in it and it shows, while she still sings the song with style, it just feels empty and luckily she changed gears with her future after this release, going from C-List to the A-List status she is now. Surprisingly the song did manage to make the cut for her Greatest Hits album and upon release it was quite successful reaching top 10 peaks in UK and New Zealand and top 40 peaks in Australia, Ireland and USA.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st November 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Poor today's the Day at the penultimate bottom huh.gif I thought it was quite good...

Raise Your Glass to win cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 21st November 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

Awww.. 'Last to Know' is my favorite P!nk single.

'Try This' is also her best album and you will all deal.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 22nd November 2015, 02:51 AM
Post #13
Group icon

Sleeping in the church, riding in the dirt

30. Feel Good Time | Try This

Average: 6.341

Highest Rates: 9: (HonkyBonkXMAS, T Boy, Simon, Viper), 8.5/8: (gooddelta, Mack, Atonement, Chapman, Mr Pmt, Jark, Riser)
Lowest Rates: -1/0: (Jonjuer East, Fgiboy2511). 3: (Bartsimpson, Noahspike)

At the #30 is Feel Good Time, released in June 2003 as the lead single from her 3rd album Try This and was also used on the soundtrack to the awful Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle soundtrack. This also ranks as her lowest lead single on this countdown and it's not hard to see why, coming off the back of the mammoth "Missundaztood" era, this doesn't even compare to any of the amazing singles from that album. Despite the clever use of samples by William Orbit and some quirky lyrics, it's just a shame that the melody just wasn't as well thought out as the production. Definitely the weakest lead single she has ever released, thankfully she has fully rebounded since this and despite William Orbit being the go too guy thanks to his brilliant work on Madonna's "Ray Of Light" album, it just seemed that he couldn't repeat it here. The song did quite well upon release by peaking at #3 in the UK which was it's highest position, but given the low sales of that time, it's also her lowest selling lead single to date. Elsewhere it managed top 10 peaks in Norway, Australia and Austria and top 20 peaks in Finland, Swiss, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand, Netherlands, Italy and Spain. In the USA it became her first to miss the top 40, peaking at #60. To be honest I don't think having "Charile's Angel's 2" played in the video helped, as it was a terrible movie and while it was a success at the box office, but was critically panned and has been long forgotten.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 22nd November 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I sort of know Feel Good Time is rubbish but I love it so much. Couldn't get enough of it in Summer 2003 and always feel quite nostalgic when I hear it.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 22nd November 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

We have a round of Family Fortunes going on right now in the P!nk AF: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184165

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 22nd November 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon

You're an asshole, but I love you

29. True Love (Ft Lily Allen) | The Truth About Love

Average: 6.416

Highest Rates: 10 (American Oxygen), 9.5/9: (JosephStyles, Ultra Christmas, T Boy, Liam, Dobbo), 8.5/8: (Alex, HonkyBonkXMAS, Jonjuer East, Chapman, Shivering Adam, Mr Pmt, Noahspike, Riser)
Lowest Rates: 0/-1: (Fgiboy2511, SeanGrey), 2: (Aled)

At #29 we have the first of her last album's era singles to drop True Love, released in June 2013 as the 4th and final official single from her 6th album The Truth About Love and features a pointless backing vocal by Lily Allen, or Lily Rose Cooper, as it says on the album. A nice enough mid tempo track, with feisty lyrics that are pure Pink, but Lily's tiny section brings nothing to the song, and wasn't needed. It doesn't compare to the previous big 3 singles that came before it, but an okay effort. Worldwide it became a moderate success with top 10 peaks in Australia, Czech Republic, South Africa and Slovakia, and top 20 in the UK, New Zealand, Netherlands and Canada. In the USA it wasn't as successful as the previous singles by peaking at #53, becoming her 24th single to chart on the Top 100.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 22nd November 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I was expecting True Love to be at LEAST top 20...

+Quote this post
Regina
post 22nd November 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Why?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 22nd November 2015, 02:25 PM
Post #19
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I really like True Love so wish this was higher here heart.gif Though I wanted more Lily on it because her part is so pointless sad.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd November 2015, 02:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

True Love and Today's the Day are too low sad.gif

+Quote this post