BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pink - The Singles Rate - Results, Full Results On Page 8
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Kuki Sanban
post 3rd December 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,317

Please Don't Leave Me is one of my favourite videos of all time and 100% my favourite Pink song too. Glad it made top 10!

Also that is not the top 5 I would have chosen, but there's still a couple of good ones left.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Viper*
post 3rd December 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #122
Group icon
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
User: 25

What a BRILLIANT top 5! ohmy.gif

Would have had Please Don't Leave Me just a bit lower tbh.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd December 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #123
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Agreed with the consensus that 'Please Don't Leave Me' being her best video, it's one of my overall favourite music videos too. I really related to the song at the time it was released, just love it!

'U + Ur Hand's overplay kind of ruined it for me a bit, but it's still a top tune.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd December 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #124
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

I got a brand new attitude

05. So What | Funhouse

Average: 8.702

Highest Rates: 11: (Beatrix Kiddo, gavindeejay, Mack, MIKEMYER), 10: (JoesephStyles, Acidburn, Jonjuer East, Joe, UltraChristmas, T Boy, Jay, Liam, Regina, American Oxygen, Fgiboy2511, Viper, Simon, bartsimpson, Jark, Kylie Jackson), 9.5/9: (Alex, HonkyBonkXMAS, Ezra's Whore, gooddelta, Troublepink, Lindsey, SeanGrey)
Lowest Rates: -1/0: (Chez Wombat, Atonement), 6.5: (n4yr)

As we draw closer and closer to the winner, let's kick off the top 5 with the ever brilliant and amazing So What, released in August 2008 as the lead single from her 5th album Funhouse, which also makes this the last of that era to feature here. It was a close tight race between this and the #4 spot with only 3 points between them and for the most part this was at #4, but the -1 and 0, kinda stopped it in it's tracks and settled for still a decent top 5 spot, with some brilliant high scores consisting of 4 11's and 16 10's. This is definitely one of my favourite Pink singles and instantly loved it when I first heard it on the radio, way back in 2008. Firstly it fits in perfectly with her many kiss off tracks, along with it's grinding guitar riff and packed full of Pink's cool attitude. The song itself deals with her marriage to Carey Hart ending, which is also the theme to the album and this perfectly captures the tone and spirit of the record with a chorus that's incredibly catchy and so in your face at the same time, makes for another Pink classic tune in her career. Upon release it brought Pink to a whole new level of fame, by firstly becoming an instant smash in the USA by reaching #1, her first solo chart topper, as well as topping the UK charts, her first there since 2002 and becoming her 2nd biggest selling single to date with over 600,000 copies sold and earning a Platinum disc. Elsewhere it was just as successful by topping the charts in Australia, Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand and Swiss, as well as top 5 peaks in Finland, Slovakia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and France. Altogether it earned Gold and Platinum discs in 9 countries, becoming one of her all time most successful selling singles.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 4th December 2015, 09:21 AM
Post #125
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Surprised so what isn't the winner, or at least top three! ohmy.gif

Don't let me get me FTW biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th December 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #126
Group icon
Break the tension

'So What' has also been ruined by overplay for me, I've not been able to enjoy it the same since early 2009.

QUOTE(troublepink @ Dec 4 2015, 09:21 AM) *
Don't let me get me FTW biggrin.gif

I'm so in agreement with this!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th December 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #127
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Ooh, very surprised that's not Top 3, but like you say, -1 and a 0 hindered it. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th December 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #128
Group icon

I'm my own worst enemy

04. Don't Let Me Get Me | Missundaztood

Average: 8.773

Highest Rates: 11: (Jonjuer East, Mackenzie, Troublepink, Mr Pmt), 10: (Alex, Joe, Acidburn, T Boy, Beatrix Kiddo, Dobbo, Vibe, Viper, bartsimpson, MIKEMYER, SeanGrey), 9.5/9: (HonkyBonkXMAS, Ezra's Whore, gooddelta, Liam, American Oxygen, gavindeejay, Mack, Aled, Riser)
Lowest Rates: 2.5: (Fgiboy2511), 5: (Chez Wombat, Nick F1)

At #4 we have Don't Let Me Get Me, released in February 2002 as the 2nd single from her 2nd album Missundaztood. In fact I am very surprised that this has done so well, I was expecting it to be at the lower end of the top 10, but ending up at a #4 slot is just fantastic. This was probably the first time that we got to know the real Pink, especially music wise and following on from the massive success of "GTPS", this sure did have a lot to live up to. It's rebellion mixed with doubt, which is something that she would go deeper into on later albums, but at the time this was quite a refreshing change of pace. Also with it's clever reference the Britney Spears line, wasn't just a usual celebrity mock, it also tells us a little about Pink herself and I find that this song has found more appreciation through the years, than it did at the time when it was kinda sandwiched between 2 of her smash hits "GTPS" and "JLAP". Upon release it became another hit for her by reaching top 10 in both the UK and USA and elsewhere it topped the charts in New Zealand and hit top 10 peaks in Ireland, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Australia, Hungary, Austria, Germany and Swiss.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th December 2015, 11:56 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Break the tension

My favourite P!nk single, but I'll accept 4th.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th December 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #130
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Don't Let Me Get Me is much too high for me really although it is good, she just has many better songs IMO. So What should be higher, classic P!nk heart.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 5th December 2015, 02:44 PM
Post #131
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

I'm glad DLMGM did well, I didn't expect it to win, so I'm really pleased with it being placed here as its my favourite song ever ever ever biggrin.gif

I'm hoping JLAP will win it now w00t.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 5th December 2015, 03:25 PM
Post #132
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I am hoping Who Knew Wins heart.gif So heartbreaking of a song heart.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th December 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #133
Group icon

How it all turned to lies

03. Try | The Truth About Love

Average: 8.952

Highest Rates: 11: (Alex, Fgiboy2511, Simon, bartsimpson, Noahspike), 10: (Nick F1, Acidburn, Regina, UltraChristmas, gavindeejay, Lindsey, Troublepink, MIKEMYER, Kylie Jackson, Riser), 9.5/9: (JoesephStyles, HonkyBonkXMAS, Ezra's Whore, T Boy, Jay, Chez Wombat, Liam, American Oxygen, Beatrix Kiddo, Viper, Mr Pmt, Jark, dandy)
Lowest Rates: 0: (Dobbo), 5: (Atonement)

We are almost there now as the #3 spot is Try, which means we all know what the top 2 are by now and many have predicted it. With an amazing set of high scores that has earned this a place in the top 3, although it's single score of 0 prevented it from gaining a higher average, but given the fact that there have been 42 rates, 40 of them were very positive, which isn't too shabby at all. Released in October 2012 as the 2nd single from her 6th album The Truth About Love and again another one that passed my expectations and again thought that this would end up at the lower end of the top 10, but getting this high, just WOW. Yet another clear standout upon the album's release, the song itself was originally sung by another band "GoNorthToGoSouth", before Pink snapped it up and made it's impact on radio in September 2012. A decent enough song that may not tread any new ground, but it's rock tinged sound and passionate vocals, really makes this a solid song and a welcome addition to her discography. It's the music video that really makes this standout where Pink and Colt Prattes tells a story of a troubled relationship through dance, with it's extensive choreography that shows that there was a lot of effort put in and Pink nails it beautifully, therefore making it striking and wonderful. Upon release it made top 10 peaks in both the USA and UK, becoming her 13th top 10 hit in the former and 17th in the latter. Elsewhere it topped the charts in Spain and Slovakia, top 5 in Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Mexico, South Africa, Swiss, Austria, Canada and Scotland. Then top 10 peaks in Australia, New Zealand and Belgium and finally top 20 in 5 other countries.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th December 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #134
Group icon

Just Like A Pill VS Who Knew, who's gonna win....

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th December 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #135
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

The ideal top 2 there!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th December 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #136
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Doboggan @ Dec 5 2015, 07:52 PM) *
The ideal top 2 there!

It is! wub.gif

I'd be so happy with either song winning! Maybe I lean slightly towards Who Knew if I had to say one.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th December 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #137
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Who Knew for the win please, I think I gave it an 11 so would be amazing to see my 11 win for one of the first times wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 5th December 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #138
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Of the two Who Knew is my pick for the winner, I like JLAP but it's a tad overrated.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 5th December 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #139
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

I think who knew will win it but I'd love it if just like a pill wins

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th December 2015, 01:58 AM
Post #140
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Oh nooo. Was really routing for DLMGM to be a surprise victor. But #4 also exceeded my realsitic predictions for it. Sooooo good! <3 'Try' is very good, if a tad too high. It has the video to thank for making it connect to me though. 'Just Like A Pill' would be my preferred choice out of the current top 2, but I really can't begrudge a 'Who Knew' victory! If only DLGM got top 3 and it'd have been the PERFECT top 3. <3

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 08:36 AM