BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Frasier and Rugrats both set to return to TV, US ‘90s classics set to be rebooted for the new Paramount+ platform
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Seinfeld
post 25th February 2021, 07:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
The popular 1990s US TV shows Frasier and Rugrats are both set to be rebooted for the new Paramount+ platform.

Frasier starred Kelsey Grammer as a pedantic psychiatrist with his own radio show.

Rugrats will go from being a cartoon to a CG animation, featuring the voices of most of the original cast.

Grammer confirmed his show's revival saying: "I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr Frasier Crane."

There has been no confirmation if other members of the original cast will also return.

The news was announced by ViacomCBS on Wednesday as it prepares to launch the platform, which follows in the footsteps of the likes of Disney+, in the US next month.

There is as yet no date for a UK release for the new streaming service, although popular shows could be bought up and sold on outside the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56191980
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 25th February 2021, 07:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
Y E S

Frasier is one of the ultimate sitcoms and Rugrats is a childhood gem. Not sure I can get used to the new visuals for the latter though, part of the charm was how ~basic? it all looked in the 90s :')

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 25th February 2021, 07:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
I love both. Is Frasier streaming anywhere? I’ve been looking to binge the whole thing for ages.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 25th February 2021, 08:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
It'll be interesting to see where they go in the UK, it doesn't seem like Paramount+ is launching here anytime soon. Viacom own Channel 5, so that's a possibility

Not a massive fan of Rugrats in CGI, the Klasky-Csupo designs are iconic.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 26th February 2021, 03:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
Niles HAS to return or it won’t work at all IMO

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread