BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannii supporting Take That Australian Tour
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
stelin24
post Aug 6 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 36,730
   No Gallery Pics

Dannii has just tweeted that she will be supporting Take That when they tour Australia in November. Also the new single is going to be Holding On (performed last year). Is hoping the Sia penned track will be released just before she starts the tour. Plus a return to UK TV next year...wonder if she'll be a judge on Dancing On Ice??

News is from news.com.au (won't let me post a link..sorry)

This post has been edited by stelin24: Aug 6 2017, 08:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 6 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

To refresh people's minds:

And the article (I think)

Dannii Minogue to join UK group Take That on their Australian tour
A
DANNII Minogue will open for UK pop kings Take That on their Australian tour in November.
Minogue first met the band when they both launched their careers in the UK in the early 90s.
This year she was hand-picked by Take That’s leader Gary Barlow to judge on his reality TV show Let It Shine.
“I’ll be going to cities around Australia where I’ve never performed my music with a live band before,” Minogue said.
“I did these arenas when I was in Grease back in the day but not with my own music. Everything else I’ve done has been in clubs, but I got a taste for big venues when I played Rod Laver Arena with Culture Club last year. I think pairing with Take That is perfect, I think we’d have a lot of fans who would have been listening to us at around the same time. We used to cross paths at TV shows in the UK all the time in the 90s, so it’ll be nice to do something together after all this time.”

“He’s that bit older now, but the shows are a bit late for him, so we’ll see. I’m pretty strict with school nights though. He would love the Take That show. They’re so warm and giving, what they did at the Ariana Grande Manchester tribute so was amazing. They really command an audience. And they’ve had so many great pop hits.”
Minogue has established a system to release her new music digitally, bypassing traditional record labels.
A new song, Holding On, is due out this week to coincide with her performance in Sydney on Friday at the Central Station party.
“I played it last year, and these days everyone records everything on their phones so it’s out there, but it’ll be nice to have a crisp version available if people want it.”
She is hoping to release the new song Sia wrote for her in time for the Take That shows.
“I love it, it’s a classic Sia song in the way it’s a huge vocal with beautiful melodies. She was happy with the vocals I put down, but we haven’t quite finished it yet. It’ll be a nice surprise whenever we get it ready. Everything’s in place to release music when I like it.

“There’s no grand plan or huge comeback or any of those words that for me have an attachment of pressure. I just want to do the music for fun and freedom. Digitally you can have that freedom now. I’ve got the money to invest in the music and we just drop it when it’s done.

“We can digitally release music without any commitments or hassles, then it’s easy to book in shows here and there that work with Ethan. There’s a lot of planning when you do a big release with a major record label. I haven’t got time for that anymore. I just want to put some new music out, get on stage and do a show. This is all new for me, it’s exciting.”
Fans should expect Minogue’s string of hits including Put the Needle On It, I Begin to Wonder, This Is It, Who Do You Love Now, So Under Pressure, All I Wanna Do and You Won’t Forget About Me.
However she’s also open to suggestions when it comes to her setlist.
“Recently I’m getting messages saying ‘Please perform Coconut’. I’m very much guided by messages I get and I feed off that. You immediately go to whatever the biggest hits were, but I also love playing around with the mash-ups. There’s a lot going on in my head right now.”
Let It Shine, which aired here on Foxtel, won’t return next year — the show was based around finding a cast to play a boy band based on Take That in a London musical.
However Minogue has locked in a new UK TV role next year.
“I can’t talk about it yet. It’s very exciting and bit of a change for me, but it never strays far from what I’ve done which is performing, TV and entertainment.”

While Take That are best known in Australia for their hits during the Robbie Williams era — Could It Be Magic, Back For Good, Pray, Relight My Fire, Sure, Everything Changes and Never Forget — they band have had an incredible second wind in the UK.
Reforming as a four piece in 2006 (they are now a three piece after the departure of Jason Orange) they scored mammoth UK hits with Patience, Shine, Rule the World, Greatest Day, These Days and Giants as well as The Flood, where Robbie Williams rejoined the band.
Rule the World is a recurring favourite on Smooth FM in Australia — the band haven’t toured here in 22 years, last visiting here shortly after the departure of Williams for a solo career.
Take That, with Dannii Minogue, play Perth Arena November 11, Adelaide Entertainment Centre November 13, Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on November 15, Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney on November 17, Brisbane Entertainment Centre on November 18 and Newcastle Entertainment Centre on November 19.

+Quote Post
stelin24
post Aug 6 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #3
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah that's is...thanks

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 6 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #4
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

No probs.

Glad she's releasing Holding On, it sounded ace.

+Quote Post
stelin24
post Aug 6 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #5
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

It did...and like she said, will be so much better than what's out there on YouTube

+Quote Post
tommie
post Aug 7 2017, 03:23 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,073

"Please perform Coconut" laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:01 PM