BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> U2's Bono's letter to Gaga for Born This Way (song), "This song will be sung forever."
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post 15th May 2020, 03:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Bono, front man of one of 80s most popular rock band U2, celebrated his 60th birthday by releasing a playlist of "60 songs That Saved My Life".

He mentioned on his website that those songs as “(the) ones I couldn’t have lived without … the ones that got me from there to here, zero to 60 … through all the scrapes, all manner of nuisance, from the serious to the silly … and the joy, mostly joy.”

For each song, Bono also written personal fan letters to the artists explaining the significance of those songs in his life. Click below to see what he wrote to Lady Gaga.

Dear Lady Gaga,

On first hearing this I knew, like everyone, how clear the concept was and that the chorus would be one of those. It was on the second listen that I realised the lyrical power of the set up with lines like

“God makes no mistakes”

This is your show, this is your life… to sing for the people who feel outside of themselves, outside of song, outside of Grace, and to sing us back inside.

A song can be too perfect but this one isn’t… Its perfection is that it loves the cracks that we all fall down. Some in high heels, some flat on our face or on our knees.

If Cole Porter was reincarnated as a 21st century dance pop female showbiz phenomenon, she surely would have written a song like this.

My friend Simo Carmo dog #NoCoinNoBootie says all his favourite songs from the rave era have a spiritual freedom/ yearning quality, a striving for a better world.

Gaga you outdid them all with this one. This song will be sung forever.

Your supra fan,

Bono

"Gaga you outdid them all with this one. This song will be sung forever."

I teared up. cry.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 15th May 2020, 03:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275