BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
43 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australian Reality TV
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 22nd August 2023, 10:41 PM
Post #821
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

The Traitors Australia Episode 4: a bit mid compared to the last episode, having two challenges bloated up the episode for sure.
Liam v Ian was hilarious, I do wish Ian would have stayed.. but.. he was kind of invisible until this episode.
The preview for the next episode (which isn’t on until next Monday) looks INSANE. Annabel is WINNING this season for the Faithful.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 22nd August 2023, 10:42 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th August 2023, 12:18 AM
Post #822
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That fifth episode was spicy right up to the last second. The first season had a great last few episodes, but I have to say this has been on fire since Episode 1.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 28th August 2023, 09:03 AM
Post #823
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Aug 28 2023, 12:18 AM) *
That fifth episode was spicy right up to the last second. The first season had a great last few episodes, but I have to say this has been on fire since Episode 1.

It’s been so good so far!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th August 2023, 09:53 PM
Post #824
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Floored. Another corker of an episode. They are DELIVERING. these faithful, my word… DUMMIES! I honestly hope Sam somehow gains control, banishes Blake and is a solo Traitor winner.

He’s playing sensationally and honestly, outside of Camille I really don’t like any of the other faithful. I love Hannah, but she’s playing so passive and boring.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 10th September 2023, 09:01 PM
Post #825
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Oh, so. This is done now.
Be warned, if you’re not caught up - you better get caught up before reading the below!

Yeah this went to shit after Annabel and Luke went. These faithful were completely brain dead. This goes to the bottom of the traitors ranking for me to be honest. AU1 and everything else has been better than this.

With that being said, Sam is one of the best RTV finds in a while! First off - HOT! But he was completely chaotic this entire season. He easily could fit into any RTV Show and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him on something else shortly.

Camille was pretty much invisible at the beginning, but strong endgame. She was a great choice to recruit and I saw her change her gameplay when she did.

Hannah I was so disappointed with. Kate was able to deliver. Hannah did not. Sarah could have been iconic but they fumbled her edit.

Yeah. Not that great overall unfortunately. As a reality tv show - good. Drama, backstabbing at the beginning. That fizzles out quickly. As a Traitors show and part of the franchise… very disappointing. Okay casting, lots of duds and they make it to the end! The only good things were the round tables and the murders this season. Save yourself some time and JUST watch Breakfast/Roundtable/Murders. Everything in between for the most part was useless.

The best way to summarize, the beginning of the last season was awful, but the end game was fantastic.
The beginning of this season was fantastic, but the end game was awful.

Apparently The Traitors NZ was better, so I’ll have to pop into this.
And. There we have it. Probably one of the very few Reality TV Shows without any winner, or prize given out. Historic.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 10th September 2023, 09:03 PM

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 12th September 2023, 09:34 PM
Post #826
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Haven’t watched any of AU2 Traitors…

But just finished New Zealand Traitors and I’d say best series since UK Series 1 - such a good series and the final was so good!

Definitely recommend.

Also Colin heart.gif

(I did think about doing a thread for it… but thought it might be Traitors overkill biggrin.gif)

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 23rd September 2023, 02:02 AM
Post #827
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Apparently Jamie Oliver has been offered the 3rd Masterchef Judge spot.
I still haven’t processed Jock’s loss fully, so I will trust the Masterchef gods here, but I think I would have been okay with just Melissa and Andy (with rotating guests each week).

This also reminds me that they never aired Big Brother this year. Eek.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 30th September 2023, 01:38 PM
Post #828
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Channel 7: November is looking “pretty good” for Big Brother Australia. This season was filmed a year ago.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 5th October 2023, 06:07 PM
Post #829
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Just finished season 2 of Traitors Australia and it might be my favourite of the franchise so far (now got to watch NZ and make a start on Canada), or it might be behind UK which had so many iconic players and I'll always think of fondly as it was my introduction to the show.

I think there was a lag around the episode 6 to 8 mark because Sam's name coming up at banishment discussions before he somehow avoided getting the votes got kind of boring, like how were the faithful SO dumb, it made me wonder if there was producer manipulation involved to keep him around, plus Annabel was the best so it was going to be downhill after she got banished but boy did it end on a high thanks to Camille, what a queen. Sam was so entitled in his reaction, like why should she just give you the money, you recruited her and of course she's still going to play to try and win? Maybe your mistake was showing ZERO loyalty from start to end, not as amazing a player as he thought

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th October 2023, 07:37 PM
Post #830
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Adding a bit more as there have been some developments:
- This current season that’s about to air was filmed a year ago, it was planned to be a longer season, but production was disappointed with the cast and outcome that they shortened the season to under 30 days.

Here’s where it gets interesting - Big Brother Australia has been RENEWED for 2024 AND they will be going back to live seasons and relaunching Big Brother Uncut.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 18th October 2023, 03:15 PM

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 23rd October 2023, 09:12 AM
Post #831
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

So I finished Series 2 of Australian Traitors… (spoilers)

I wouldn’t say it was a favourite season, mainly as the Faithful were just so stupid and the whole series was just dominated by Sam. However, the final was amazing mainly as the plan unravelled and they didn’t account for Camille.

Sam has to be one of the most irritating reality tv players ever – I know it’s a game, but he was just so frustrating and cock-sure the whole time. What was even more frustrating was that the Faithful were so blinded by him – they never questioned why he went so hard on Ash being a Traitor. Then the Faithful came to the realisation one at a time he was a Traitor before they were banished. Annabel and Luke were good – but couldn’t get the numbers. Then you have Liam and Sarah who were just so easily played; Sarah in particular just latched onto everything Sam (or the other Traitors) said and ate it up.

Camille was great though and Sam and Blake both going for Steal, trying to convince her to Share was great. Camille basically saying I know you can’t be trusted and if I can’t win, no one will was epic! The entitlement of Sam at the end though was ridiculous – he was outplayed at the end and didn’t win any money. Then Blake blubbing at the side as he put his trust in Sam (of all people?). What he should’ve done was team up with Camille when Liam was onto Sam and voted him out.

Overall not one of my favourite Traitor’s series as the Faithful were just too dumb and easily played. Also Sam was just unlikeable – even if it if a game and he is in a Traitors role, you don’t have to be a dick 24/7.
The end was great though.

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 23rd October 2023, 09:19 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th October 2023, 08:44 PM
Post #832
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The Traitors AU has not been renewed by Channel 10. Hope they shop around for another network tho!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 27th October 2023, 07:07 AM
Post #833
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Can’t say I’m surprised after that series biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 27th October 2023, 09:59 AM
Post #834
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

Disappointed but not surprised that Channel 10 didn’t renew The Traitors.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st November 2023, 02:48 PM
Post #835
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Brother Australia Season 15 officially starts November 6th!
I think this is the first time since I was about 17 where BBUK, BBUS and BBAU were all airing at the same time.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 5th November 2023, 06:39 PM
Post #836
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The Block Auction was last night. I turned this season off after two weeks, it was unwatchable. However, I do love the auctions laugh.gif
By way of Gogglebox AU I did stay somewhat up to date (hence this meme) but the Auction itself had a strong start!!

$1.75 Million is one of the highest winnings of any RTV Contestants - I loved the look of Steph & Gian's place, they obviously were the very clear winners of the series. 20th season confirmed, hopefully next year I’ll actually watch..

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 7th November 2023, 12:11 PM
Post #837
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Brother Australia is back, I turned it off after the 5th and 6th housemates were revealed. They just tried to do Love Island in a house and I’m not here for it.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 17th November 2023, 05:04 PM
Post #838
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Breaking Masterchef AU News: Melissa Leong has left the series.
Andy Allen will be joined by Poh Ling Yeow, Sofia Levin and Jean-Christophe Novelli.

Jamie Oliver is now only a Guest Judge, but will kick off the new series which will air in 2024.
A big shift as this was supposed to start filming in August, but is now only starting to film in the next few weeks.
There was media reports suggesting tension behind the scenes, Melissa instead has moved to Dessert Masters (I think this is airing now, but I haven't checked it out) but this has already been renewed for a 2nd Season which will air alongside Masterchef AU in 2024.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th November 2023, 04:23 AM
Post #839
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ohh I really liked The Traitors NZ!
Binged over a holiday, I didn’t know anyone going into the show, but I definitely had a few favourites (Anna is Mother).
I still have one episode of Traitors Canada left, but I’d probably rank:

01: Traitors UK1
02: Traitors US1
03: Traitors NZ1
04: Traitors CAN1
05: Traitors AU2
06: Traitors AU1

Edit: Traitors NZ has been renewed for Season 2!

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 1st December 2023, 12:28 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th December 2023, 01:30 PM
Post #840
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post

43 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 >