BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Final RESULTS • Buzzjack's Ultimate TV Show, FINISHED. Who won?: Friends or The Simpsons (p12)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Oct 17 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

hi.gif

We've eventually made it to the results where we will be counting down your favourite 100 shows. They will be kicking off properly in the next couple of days or so but, for now, speculate omg. The lowest scoring show had 32 points, whereas your winner had a massive 711 points. Here is the full top 100 in alphabetical order:

2 Broke Girls
30 Rock
8 Out of 10 Cats
Absolutely Fabulous
Adventure Time
Alan Carr’s Chatty Man
American Dad
American Horror Story
America's Got Talent
America's Next Top Model
Being Human
Big Brother UK
Big Brother US
Blackadder
Breaking Bad
Britain's Got Talent
Broadchurch
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Celebrity Big Brother
Celebrity Juice
Come Dine With Me
Come Fly With Me
Criminal Minds
Dancing On Ice
Desperate Housewives
Doctor Who
Eastenders
Eurovision Song Contest
Family Guy
Fawlty Towers
Friends
Fringe
Futurama
Game of Thrones
Gavin & Stacey
Geordie Shore
Glee
Gogglebox
Harry Hill's TV Burp
Hell's Kitchen
Hollyoaks
Homeland
How I Met Your Mother
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Junior Apprentice
Keeping Up Appearances
Little Britain
Lost
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Melodifestivalen
Miranda
Misfits
Mock the Week
Modern Family
Nurse Jackie
Once Upon a Time
Orange is the New Black
Orphan Black
Outnumbered
Parks & Recreation
Pointless
Project Runway
QI
RuPaul's Drag Race
Russell Howard's Good News
Sherlock
South Park
Spongebob Squarepants
Strictly Come Dancing
That's So Raven
The 100
The Amazing Race
The Apprentice UK
The Big Bang Theory
The Bridge/Bron/Broen
The Catherine Tate Show
The Chase
The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
The Good Wife
The Graham Norton Show
The Great British Bake Off
The Inbetweeners
The IT Crowd
The Killing (DK)
The Sarah Jane Adventures
The Simpsons
The Story of Tracy Beaker
The Vicar of Dibley
The Voice UK
The Walking Dead
The X Factor UK
The X Factor US
Top Gear
Top Of The Pops
Torchwood
Twenty Twelve / W1A
Ugly Betty
Veep
Waterloo Road
Will & Grace

See you soon!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Oct 17 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Doctor Who to win please cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 19 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
100. Geordie Shore • 32 points

arrow up.gif 116-103-100

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 19 (Mattias)

24th May 2011 - present (11 series) • Reality TV

To kick the countdown off, and therefore coming in last place, is the UK equivalent to Jersey Shore. After the likes of The Only Way is Essex and Made in Chelsea debuted on our screens, MTV decided to show what living up north is not really like. The show chucks a number of horny alcoholics with no absolutely no shame in a house together where they get mortal, tash on and fight as well as tashing on, fighting and getting mortal. They also fight, get mortal and tash on. This repetitive nature has not harmed the show though as it starts it's 11th series in just over 4 years tomorrow where you will see the group getting mortal, fighting and tashing on, just in Greece this time. When the show first aired, there was a heavy amount of criticism from local politicians but it is believed that the show has actually increased tourism as more people want to spend their time exploring the toon's infamous nightlife.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 19 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
99. The X Factor US • 55 points

arrow up.gif xx-108-99

No. of votes: 7, Highest score: 24 (Alex!)

21st September 2011 – 19th December 2013 • Reality TV

Another Reality show is out next and this time we look at the US counterpart of a very successful UK show. Following the end of Simon Cowell's contract with American Idol, he decided to launch The X Factor over in the US, expecting it to hit the record ratings American Idol once had. However, with that show still going and The Voice debuting to a very successful series, the appetite wasn't strong enough for another singing series. A troubled start even saw Cheryl thrown out after one round of auditions in favour of Nicole Scherzinger. The series never reached the ratings success that Cowell had expected and indeed promised and the third series nearly halfed it's first series ratings, despite numerous line-up changes that including Khloe Kardashian, Demi Lovato and, of course, Britney Spears. We do have the series to thank for creating endless Britney gifs as well as bringing to the world Fifth Harmony, aka the only actual successful contestants to come from the show.

What does Britney think of the show's position here?:

oh.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 19 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
98. America's Got Talent • 60 points

ne.gif xx-xx-98

No. of votes: 3, Highest score: 25 (Mattias, PaulM1983)

21st June 2006 – present • Reality TV

Staying with the American reality shows, America's Got Talent is next! The show is based on an idea that came from Simon Cowell, who had been trying to set a 'Got Talent' show up in the UK. The show welcomes talent of any kind as contestants compete to win $1 million (apparently payable over 40 years!!) and a chance to headline a show in Las Vegas. Judges have included David Hasselhoff, Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and Mel B, all of which are no strangers to UK judging of course. The most reason season saw many British contestants, including some who appeared on Britain's Got Talent and indeed, one of them won the show!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
97. Nurse Jackie • 65 points

arrow up.gif 104-102-97

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 28 (Mattias)

8th June 2009 – 28th June 2015 • International TV

A darkly comical look at life in a hospital, Nurse Jackie ran for 7 seasons, culminating earlier this year. From the very start, Jackie's dependency on painkillers from the hospital is a central theme, but there are always smart, sharp laughs embedded in every episode. I'd regard this as a great medium between an easy to watch comedy and a gripping drama, a very enjoyable watch if you're into either genre or want a bridge between.

(commentary by Liam)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
96. Top Gear • 69 points

ne.gif xx-xx-96

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 24 (Adam's Cauldron)

22nd April 1977 – present • UK TV and Soaps

One of the longest running programmes in the list is Top Gear, having first aired in 1977. A reboot after falling ratings occured in 2002 though, completely changing the show and making it into the hugely popular and successful one that we know (or rather KNEW) today. After a run of presenters including Angela Rippon, Noel Edmonds and Kate Humble, the show pushed Jeremy Clarkson (a presenter since 1988) to the forefront of the show and developed a far more humorous style. Clarkson was joined by Richard Hammond and James May as well as the Stig and the show saw regular features like the Cool Wall and Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. The most successful and popular features were the challenges which included modifying cars or racing against each other in different modes of transport. While these may sound simple, there is always something that will go wrong with hilarity ensuing. Over time though, the show has felt a bit more scripted than natural but that never stopped it securing massive ratings and achieving worldwide success, as well as never-ending repeats on Dave. Earlier this year of course, a fracas occured which resulted in all three presenters leaving with Chris Evans set to front a new series next year. Meanwhile, Clarkson, Hammond and May will star in their own series on Amazon Prime. Will we see both shows in the next version of this countdown?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #8
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
95. The Amazing Race • 71 points

arrow down.gif xx-84-95

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 27 (Henderella)

5th September 2001 – present • Reality TV

The Amazing Race is the first show to fall from it's previous position as not even it's biggest supporter, Henderella can save it. As for myself, I've never seen the show even though I have been interested in checking it out. It involves teams of two in a race across the world. Each race is split into legs, with each episode roughly spanning a leg, and the last team to finish each leg is eliminated. The teams can get clues and other special elements too. The show has seen a massive 27 seasons across the 14 years since it's debut and, in two of these, Big Brother US all-stars, Brendon and Rachel have starred!

+Quote this post
m
post Oct 21 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
Erm was I really the highest score for Geordie Shore? I barely watch it anymore and it's just so trashy that I actually feel a little embarrassed laugh.gif I did vote for it but I only voted for 23 shows and Geordie Shore was my second lowest so it seems weird how it got 19 points from me. Had I voted for 40 shows and put this show at second lowest, it only would've gotten two points.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
94. 30 Rock • 74 points

arrow down.gif 38-32-94

No. of votes: 2, Highest score: 39 (Henderella)

11th October 2006 - 31st January 2013 • International TV

The results so far have been in line with the previous editions but, taking a huge fall is 30 Rock! Only two people voted for it, Pavel and Jay, but both rated it very highly so maybe it's a case of not enough people here have seen the show. It's certainly one I'm hoping to check out soon seeing as though it stars and was created by Tina Fey. The show is loosely based on her experiences on Saturday Night Live as it takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch show. One of the distinctive elements of the show is its use of quick cuts to unrelated scenes. The show and its finale have been highly praised by critics.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 24 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
93. Strictly Come Dancing • 80 points

ne.gif xx-xx-93

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 34 (AdamAloud)

15th May 2004 - present (13 series) • Reality TV

Despite being one of the biggest shows in the UK, regularly scoring over 8m viewers for 11 years, Strictly Come Dancing is a new entry and sits in at 93! The series is a technical continuation of Come Dancing, a previous dancing competition show that first aired in 1949 and lasted for 50 years. The big difference is that Strictly contains celebrities pairing up with professional dancers. Originally hosted by Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, the show has remained fairly consistent with its judging panel and presenters. All three male judges have appeared in every series, as has Tess Daly with last year being the first series to see Claudia Winkleman as a full-time presenter due to Brucie departure. Due it’s massive status, controversy has indeed followed and one of the major scandals was the BBC replacing the older Arlene Phillips for the younger, and previous contestant, Alesha Dixon. Compared to its Saturday night competitor though, the show is seen as a lot of FUN and light relief and having themed weeks where the contestants dress up in full themed costumes, particularly for Halloween, has helped achieve this.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Oct 24 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Thought Strictly would end up higher actually! Claudia is the STAR of the show of course.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 24 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #13
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
92. Hell’s Kitchen • 85 points

ne.gif xx-xx-92

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 30 (Mattias)

23rd May 2004 – 27th April 2009 (4 series) • Reality TV

Debuting just a few days after Strictly, Hell’s Kitchen didn’t end up as successful but, surprisingly, you all prefer the show! For the first series, Gordon Ramsey was the chef featured but, after an exclusivity contract with Channel 4 was signed by him, the role was took over by Gary Rhodes and Jean-Christophe Novelli and then by Marco Pierre-White for the last two series. Surprisingly, the show is still going in the US today with Gordon in charge. The UK show sees celebrities (although Series 2 saw members of the public) being taught by the chefs and they would then be in charge of cooking the food in a restaurant full of other minor celebrities. Each show would be live from the restaurant and featured highlights from the previous day/night.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 24 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
91. Project Runway • 91 points

ne.gif xx-xx-91

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 32 (PaulM1983)

1st December 2004 (19 series) • Reality TV

Another show that debuted in 2004, this time in the US, is Project Runway (a show I know nothing about oops). The show focuses more on fashion design with contestants competing to create the best clothes, with at least one being eliminated each week. The prize that they’re competing for is to prepare a collection for New York Fashion Week. Different challenges seen throughout the years have been designing clothes made from recyclable materials, food and plants as well as designing for high profile stars. The show has seen 14 regular series and 5 all-star series with Heidi Klum regularly starring in a judging role.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 24 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
91-100

91. Project Runway • 91
92. Hell's iamspamspamami• 85
93. Strictly Come Dancing • 80

94. 30 Rock • 74
95. The Amazing Race • 71
96. Top Gear • 69
97. Nurse Jackie • 65
98. America's Got Talent • 60
99. The X Factor US • 55
100. Geordie Shore • 32

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Oct 24 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
92. Hell's iamspamspamami• 85

:laugh:

I don't like any of these!!

God last top 10 (in that they're all awful).

Also LOL at Top Gear, which is all about sex jokes etc, gets 69 points.

This post has been edited by All Hallows Peen: Oct 24 2015, 09:39 PM

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 25 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #17
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
90= The Story of Tracy Beaker • 93 points

ne.gif xx-xx-90

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 23 (Alex!)

8th January 2002 – 11th July 2007 (5 series) • UK TV and Soaps

Tracy Beaker exploded onto CBBC back in 2002 with screams of "BOG OFF" and bad temper all round, as Dani Harmer starred in the TV adaptation of Jacqueline Wilson's hit book of the same name. The Story of Tracy Beaker followed the life of the title character, who lived in a care home (nicknamed the "Dumping Ground"). Tracy was a troubled kid with behavioural problems, who dreamed of her mum coming to pick her up one day. Eventually, she found a home with writer Cam Lawson, who fostered and later adopted her. Other key characters throughout the show's five-series run include Tracy's friends Jackie and Crash, her arch enemy Justine, and brothers Lol and Bouncer (oh and let's not forget chef Duke and social worker Elaine the Pain *.*). The show was succeeded by two spin-offs; the first of which saw Tracy return as a careworker. Despite being a kids show, The Story of Tracy Beaker always managed to be an interesting show about life in care, and an absolute joy to watch.

(commentary by JosephStyles)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 25 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Oh YES Tracy Beaker was such a childhood favourite wub.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 25 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #19
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
90= 2 Broke Girls • 93 points

ne.gif xx-xx-89

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 31 (Ezra's Witch)

19th September 2011 - present (4 series) • International TV

2 Broke Girls is set in New York and sees two roommates working in a diner whilst trying to set up a cupcake business. One of the girls is a daughter of a millionaire who eventually lost all of his money whilst the other lived in poverty throughout her life. The show has been a hit with many praising it for the chemistry of the lead actors. However, there is a lot of criticism of the show with many calling it old-fashioned in its humour with many overly sexualised jokes and an overuse of racial stereotypes. I've never seen the show myself and only previously knew that it was about two (broke) girls working in a diner, I've never been interested to check it out.

Bré's alternative commentary: 2 girls are running a shop selling cupcakes or some shit and all the jokes are just racial stereotypes. My sister used to sometimes watch (this) in my vicinity, it made me want to die and then die again in hell, because it would probably be on there non-stop.

+Quote this post
danG
post Oct 25 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #20
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
It doesn't help that I didn't vote in this but The Amazing Race deserves to be far higher! The best non-X Factor reality TV show out there.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:52 AM