BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pete's EOY Top 100 2017, It has some good songs in it
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post 25th November 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Welcome to my Top 100!
  • This year I'll try and not make it last four months. Promise.
  • Because I over-dramatically switched to my new format this year, (click here if you don't know what I'm on about) I won't be using a points system. However, every #1 this year will be in the chart.
  • As with last year, any songs that appeared in last year's EOY are ineligible for this year's, and any songs that look like they will be future hits will appear in this EOY.
  • I'll be posting a 2016 Recap soon, before a short HateChart, a Mainstream Song of the Year and an Album of the Year, before my actual chart which should commence in around a week.
  • I still haven't decided between my #1 and #2, so don't go looking for a obvious Lukas Graham-esque #1 because there isn't one.
Hype and predict away! All comments welcome!

This post has been edited by PeteFromLeeds: 25th November 2017, 02:19 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 25th November 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

looking forward to this, hope for Avicii nice and high biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th November 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Looking forward to this *.* 'Cola' to slay even though it was released so recently.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 26th November 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Looking forward to this Pete!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 26th November 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon

2016 Recap

1 Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2 Walk Off the Earth - Hold On (The Break)
3 Morland - Skin
4 Walking on Cars - Don't Mind Me
5 JP Cooper - September Song
6 Zara Larsson - Lush Life
7 Sergey Lazarev - You Are the Only One
8 Wretch 32 ft. Knox Brown - All a Dream
9 The Magician ft. Brayton Bowman - Shy
10 Royce Lovett - I Wanna Love You

• Lukas Graham smashed it out the park with 7 Years last year, the obvious #1 from a mile away. Up until last month it seemed like they weren't even going to make an appearance this year, but their newest single Off to See the World spent 2 weeks at #1 this year, guaranteeing them a spot in this year's EOY. Where will they place?
  • Last year's runner-up, Walk Off the Earth, are still yet to bag a #1 but their incredibly catchy 2017 hit Taekwondo is certain to make an appearance. Will they be the runner-ups for the second year in a row?
  • MORLAND came third last year, however has not released anything this year so won't be making an appearance. This is also the case for most of the rest of the Top 10, the only acts scoring a Top 100 hit this year being JP, Royce and The Magician, and only Passport Home reached the Top 10. That would be very lucky if it reached the Top 100.
  • So basically, be prepared for a ton of new artists near the top!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 26th November 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 25 2017, 03:38 PM) *
looking forward to this, hope for Avicii nice and high biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Jade @ Nov 25 2017, 07:14 PM) *
Looking forward to this *.* 'Cola' to slay even though it was released so recently.

QUOTE(HarryApa @ Nov 26 2017, 12:30 PM) *
Looking forward to this Pete!

Thanks guys! Friend of Mine and Cola will both definitely be making an appearance somewhere wink.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 26th November 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

I'm looking forward to this Pete!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th November 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hype *.*

At least your #1 this year can't possibly be worse than your #1 last year! kink.gif Lush Life is my favourite of your 2016 top 10!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th November 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon

This Year's #1s:
(so you can actually hype songs instead of just saying 'looking forward to this!!!')

MOWE ft. Cleah - Back in the Summer (Dec 2016)
Friends of Jo Cox - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Dec 2016)
Alan Walker - Alone (Dec 2016)
Sia - Never Give Up
Captain Cuts ft. Nateur - Love Like We Used To
Alessia Cara - Seventeen
Aedhi & Clement Bcx - Next to You
Declan McKenna - The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home
Martin Jensen - Solo Dance
Galantis - Rich Boy
Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs
Schwarz - Home
Elina Born - In Or Out
MOWE ft. Jerry Williams - Boy Oh Boy
Sophie Francis - Without You
Sheppard - Keep Me Crazy
Alle Farben & Janieck - Little Hollywood
Disciples - On My Mind
Sunstroke Project - Hey Mamma
Oceans - Cold Ain't For Me
C-BooL ft. Giang Pham - DJ Is Your Second Name
MOWE - Skyline
Vigiland - Friday Night
The Strumbellas - Young & Wild
AronChupa ft. Lil Sis Nora - Llama In My Living Room
Yellow Claw - Good Day (ft. DJ Snake & Elliphant)
Sheppard - Edge of the Night
Kodaline - Brother
Don Diablo - Save a Little Love
LVNDSCAPE - In My Mind (ft. Mi Manchi)
Avicii - Friend of Mine (ft. Vargas & Lagola)
Kah-Lo - Fasta (ft. Riton)
The Afters - Eyes of a Believer
Breathe Carolina & Flatdisk - Hotel
Oceans - Deep Blue
Lukas Graham - Off to See the World
CamelPhat & Elderbrook - Cola
Clean Bandit - I Miss You (ft. Julia Michaels)
The Knocks & Captain Cuts - House Party
...???

I won't reveal much but I can say some of these will be appearing a lot sooner in the countdown than you'd expect!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th November 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 26 2017, 07:00 PM) *
I'm looking forward to this Pete!

Thanks Sergej!

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Nov 27 2017, 12:49 AM) *
Hype *.*

At least your #1 this year can't possibly be worse than your #1 last year! kink.gif Lush Life is my favourite of your 2016 top 10!

Oi! heehee.gif You've also just reminded me how man-heavy my Top 10 was last year oops, hopefully there'll be more than two females (including band members) in there this year!

Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 29th November 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Worst Songs of 2017:
(only doing a Top 5 so a lot of songs got lucky tongue.gif )

#5: Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert - Bad And Boujee

(the band members if you're wondering)

So #5 was a very hard fought battle between this, Butterfly Effect and Bank Account - but this got it since it actually reached the Top 40 so it could disturb me whilst listening to the Chart Show. I mean I'm sure they're lovely people but they most certainly don't make lovely music, this song probably being the most dubbed song in chart history (let's remember they refused to play XXTENTACION in that though), the lyrics 'cooking the [blank] in the [blank]' not seeming not that bad, but I've just looked up what the words actually are, and - well, I've no idea what that even means tongue.gif It is also the only single in this year's Top 40 with a word I don't recognise! (I say single because I have no idea what a Cush, a Blem or a Bibia Be Ye Ye is), but I'm going to pretend 'Boujee' means tuneless. Because it is.

#4: Lil Uzi Vert - XO TOUR LLIF3

The second Lil Uzi Vert appearance in as many songs - this chart isn't going well for him so far oops. First off, what sort of name is that for a song? It sounds like someone's diary entry when they're drunk. This has fallen a place from where it was originally because I can't deny that the lyrics 'push me to the Ed, all my frenz arr ded' has become a little bit of an earworm, but it's still an atrocity of a song and shouldnever have gone UK Top 1000, let alone Top 40.

#3: Post Malone ft. 21 Savage - Rockstar

So to all intents and purposes for a normal person this should be #1 - the fact it went to #1 (and let's not mention that the public kept it there for FOUR WEEKS) is a total atrocity. When it entered the Spotify chart, I decided to give it a little listen - 'little' being the correct word since after all the obscenities in the first three seconds I pushed the power button and decided to never listen to it again. Except for when I have to put up with it on the charts. And for the record I've never actually heard 21 Savage's part in this, but judging by Bank Account it's probably just as bad.

#2: Lil Pump - Gucci Gang

A late contender here, and it's flown all the way up to #2! It probably would have been #1 had it been released a few months earlier, it has no tune and appears to have no words either (other than 'gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang etc.) The fact this guy's YOUNGER than me is slightly worrying as well - haven't you got GCSEs (or whatever they call them in the States) to be worrying about?

#1: Post Malone ft. Quavo - Congratulations

Congratulations! You've officially made the worst song of 2017. Sorry Posty, I'm sure he's a better person than his music makes out, but I'm actually really hyped for his album release bc it'll finally mean this is kicked out of the Top 100 tongue.gif It's not really the quality oif the song that upsets me (although it is dreadful), it's the fact this spent EIGHTEEN weeks between the positions of 25 and 40, avoiding ACR every week like some sort of chart ninja. Mr. Quavious Marshall also makes his second appearance on this, although I could have picked five songs at random and he'd have been on at least two of them tongue.gif

And so this year we have a 100% trap-filled Top 5! Let's add our winner to the Hall of Fame:

Hall of Fame
2014: Bars & Melody - Hopeful
2015: Drake - Hotline Bling
2016: Drake - Controlla
2017: Post Malone ft. Quavo - Congratulations

(so yeah Drake gets a year off this year tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by PeteLeftLeeds: 3rd December 2018, 04:51 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 29th November 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #12
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

None of those are particularly great even if I don't mind Post Malone so much. XO TOUR Llif3 is atrocious, and is a surefire contender for my least fave song of the year!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 29th November 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Nice worst Songs list, even if I didn't mind Post Malone much, #2 is my Contender for the worst Songs of 2017 list, I Hate "Gucci Gang" so much!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 29th November 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

yep hate every one of those 5, especially Gucci Gang, like I don't even get how someone could actually listen to that and get enjoyment from it, just PRAYING it doesn't get as huge here as in the states

+Quote this post
danG
post 30th November 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #15
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

well at least I'm not a huge fan of the top 2, but numbers #3-5 will make appearances in my EOY!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 30th November 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #16
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Bad And Boujee, XO Tour Llif3 and Gucci Gang are some slight guilty pleasures of mine right now.
Rockstar I'm not very fond of. Listened to it at least five times and it still didn't get to me. Congratulations is okay though.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 30th November 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Nov 29 2017, 07:59 PM) *
None of those are particularly great even if I don't mind Post Malone so much. XO TOUR Llif3 is atrocious, and is a surefire contender for my least fave song of the year!

Glad you feel the same way! It is truly awful tongue.gif Thanks Joseph!

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 29 2017, 08:11 PM) *
Nice worst Songs list, even if I didn't mind Post Malone much, #2 is my Contender for the worst Songs of 2017 list, I Hate "Gucci Gang" so much!

It's so annoying and I think I've only heard it twice laugh.gif Thanks Sergej!

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Nov 29 2017, 10:28 PM) *
yep hate every one of those 5, especially Gucci Gang, like I don't even get how someone could actually listen to that and get enjoyment from it, just PRAYING it doesn't get as huge here as in the states

Another Gucci Gang hater tongue.gif Hoping it will stay put where it is now then collapse to an excruciating death when hit by ACR. Thanks Jeff!

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 30 2017, 11:05 AM) *
well at least I'm not a huge fan of the top 2, but numbers #3-5 will make appearances in my EOY!

Boo tongue.gif I was kind of expecting it though laugh.gif Thanks Dan!

QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Nov 30 2017, 12:39 PM) *
Bad And Boujee, XO Tour Llif3 and Gucci Gang are some slight guilty pleasures of mine right now.
Rockstar I'm not very fond of. Listened to it at least five times and it still didn't get to me. Congratulations is okay though.

Oops laugh.gif Hopefully you'll like some of the songs in my Top 100 though! Thanks Dalek biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 30th November 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Mainstream Song of the Year: JP Cooper - September Song

This is the category for my favourite song which did moderately well in the charts (dating all the way back from when I was born ohmy.gif ). As with everything else, this category doesn't 'change', so if I suddenly realise another mainstream song is much better then tough. This year's victor is JP Cooper's September Song, a song that only just makes this category, making its debut in the Top 40 only 2 weeks into the new year. If you have a good memory you may remember that this was in last year's EOY (at #5) since I discovered it in October, and therefore it won't be appearing in this year's EOY. But at least it gets a mention, even if the steel drums that made it amazing were extravagantly dimmed down in the version for the music video.

JP Cooper's Chart History:
2016 05 Perfect Strangers (Jonas Blue ft. JP Cooper)
2016 01 September Song
2017 07 Passport Home
2017 64 She's On My Mind
2017 15 Momma's Prayers (JP Cooper & Stormzy)

Mainstream Song of the Year: Hall of Fame
1999: Fatboy Slim - Praise You
2000: Madison Avenue - Don't Call Me Baby
2001: Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head
2002: DJ Sammy & Yanou ft. Do - Heaven
2003: Room 5 - Make Luv
2004: Eric Prydz - Call On Me
2005: Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor
2006: Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
2007: MIKA - Grace Kelly
2008: Basshunter ft. DJ Mental Theo's Bassheadz - Now You're Gone
2009: Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
2010: Taio Cruz - Dynamite
2011: LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem (ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock)
2012: PSY - Gangnam Style
2013: Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)
2014: DJ Fresh & Jay Fay ft. Ms. Dynamite - Dibby Dibby Sound
2015: Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard On Yourself
2016: Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2017: JP Cooper - September Song

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 30th November 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

ALL of those 5 in your hate chart are amazing kink.gif (well l except for Gucci Gang but I still enjoy it somewhat).

Your mainstream song pick makes up for that tho, still a great track!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th November 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #20
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I can already tell this is going to be my favourite EOY to read this year, I'm creased at the picture references and your commentary is fab too laugh.gif wub.gif

I'm glad Bad and Boujee made it in the hate chart over your other two contenders! I think the others are bops tbh but I barely remember how this even goes, shocked it was such a huge hit in the US when they've had better singles/features for sure.

I like the whole top five of the hate chart aside from that though, oops! But at least "Congratulations" would be my second least favourite so I'm kind of pleased at that winning (losing?) laugh.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:30 PM