BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Circle US • Series 4, Netflix; 4/5/22
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post 4th May 2022, 10:45 AM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

The Circle US is back today! The first four episodes are on Netflix now, with 4 more releasing every week. I haven't actually watched the American series before, but I shall now with the UK series being no more.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 4th May 2022, 03:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Last season was completely unwatchable. I don’t have high hopes for this season but if anyone is watching and it turns out to be good let me know!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th May 2022, 08:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(Aaron. @ May 4 2022, 04:17 PM) *
Last season was completely unwatchable. I don’t have high hopes for this season but if anyone is watching and it turns out to be good let me know!

I despised the last series also but the first two episodes are really fun! A really strong likeable cast minus one or two bores. No one completely unlikeable like last series so far.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 7th May 2022, 01:15 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Nope. This is just filled with pseudo-celebrities and social media influencers looking for more followers. This seems to now be the Netflix brand now with the same casting as all their dating shows.

Don’t get me wrong, I know this what social media is now laugh.gif but the casting for UK and the First Season just seemed like competitive people that wanted to win a reality show that just happened to be based around being the most popular player.

They probably should be pulling casting from the millions of baking shows they have, that no doubt would produce a more competitive less cringe tv show.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 7th May 2022, 01:25 AM

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 7th May 2022, 03:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm easily annoyed by some OTT Americans, but I'm not feeling that at all so far smile.gif)

It's just a shame that it's tricky to discuss it as everyone will be at different points of the 4 episodes.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 7th May 2022, 09:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I feel like Spice Girls fooled enough people as Yu Ling is the last one and she was shocked that Jared was picked by Alyssa. So regardless of who Rachel picked, the mission is successful. I must say it's an exciting twist and they are really good at it. Those Americans are so easy to get fooled. The fact Yu Ling wasn't on a red carpet being the reason to put her in 5th spot in the rankings too. Like come on. "I was just shocked she wasn't". Not everyone who is pretty wants to do it. Frank is giving judgmental and superficial vibes so far and I'm not digging it :')

The show is trash yet for some reason I'm enjoying the season so far. Yu Ling's makeup is sooooo on point each time, holy shit. I just love her vibe too but doubt she'll last too long.

This post has been edited by כן: 7th May 2022, 09:04 PM

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 20th May 2022, 10:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

This series is so much better than the last series and the cast is so much more likeable !

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 20th May 2022, 11:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Alyssa got done dirty!

I feel like someone boring and pointless.will.win like Everaon, Imani or Nathan and then it's like...who gives a f***???

+Quote this post
p a v
post 21st May 2022, 08:06 AM
Post #9
Group icon

The sexism of everyone (including Alyssa!) blaming exclusively Yu Ling for Alyssas elimination because Bru is apparently hot. Bru getting ‘mad’ for Yu Ling calling him out was so funny and ironic. Saving f***ing CAROL of all people, like come on, she was already doomed and you literally broke an alliance too choosing some other bitch that would never ever become an influencer again. How can one be so stupid and not think about it?

They all get annoyed with others saying stuff like ‘it’s all fake bullshit!!1 why are they being so nice??!1’ and then proceed to write ‘aww boo I’m so glad ur here ur amazing’. Like bitch 🥴

+Quote this post
p a v
post 21st May 2022, 08:08 AM
Post #10
Group icon

Imani being there is so underwhelming. Like, bitch, are you trying to compare yourself to the original (fake) Trevor?! Stay at the kids table bitch, you’re not even close :’)

This post has been edited by כן: 21st May 2022, 08:09 AM

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 21st May 2022, 11:13 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ May 21 2022, 12:05 AM) *
Alyssa got done dirty!

I feel like someone boring and pointless.will.win like Everaon, Imani or Nathan and then it's like...who gives a f***???
Alyssa got her karma for Crissa tbh rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 22nd May 2022, 09:21 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ May 21 2022, 12:13 PM) *
Alyssa got her karma for Crissa tbh rolleyes.gif

Crissa was boring as hell.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd May 2022, 09:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Spoilers ahead:

This is the first season of The Circle I’ve ever watched (I didn’t even bother with the UK version) and surprise surprise, it was the fact that two of the Spice Girls were a part of it that got me tuning in. kink.gif I thought they were great, often amusing and I was so happy that their mission was successful.

After they left I decided I’d continue, and I’ve actually been loving it. I’m pleasantly surprised. There’s so many twists! Every time there’s an alert, you just know it’s going to be good laugh.gif

My favourite by far is Yu Ling, and I hope she manages to win. As mentioned previously, I hated that she got so much heat for not saving Alyssa, as if that was apparently her sole responsibility. Bru didn’t either, and yet he got away with actually being the one to seal the deal in sending Alyssa home. Ugh! After that I was quite anti Bru, so it was delicious that he missed out on the final. kink.gif

I loved the portraits task and I’m glad some of them actually used the opportunity to be messy. The portrait of Yu Ling really was nightmarish rotf.gif

As far as cat fishes go, I actually appreciate what Nathan has been doing, because he’s been very strategic and determined. I don’t want him to win, but I think he was needed in this cast. Everyone else who decided to cat fish was/has been a bit boring in attempting it. I’m still not quite over how terribly the one catfishing as Paul was laugh.gif

So hyped for the finale!

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 26th May 2022, 06:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Just watched the final . Very worthy winner they was my favourite all the way through !

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th May 2022, 08:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Underwhelming predictable winner of a mostly underwhelming series (outside of the Spice Girls twist). I'm getting bored and the show isn't even confronting any of the toxic social media aspects anymore (have they ever really tried tho hmm). The only thing they keep saying is that being themselves is the most important thing while making contestants lie to everyone's faces for money. And getting +50k on top of the prize fund as a reward. """Influencers""" being 90% (presumably) of the cast these days is kind of saying everything.

3/10 wouldn't bang x

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 1st June 2022, 11:54 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I found Frank very one note, very okay yas mama slay the house down boots Chanel Charli XCX werq - he is a nice person I'm sure but he was so so dull imo.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 1st June 2022, 11:51 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Jun 1 2022, 12:54 PM) *
I found Frank very one note, very okay yas mama slay the house down boots Chanel Charli XCX werq - he is a nice person I'm sure but he was so so dull imo.
For me he was the most entertaining of the series along with Yu Ling . Yes he was a pretty obvious winner but imo he honestly deserved it . It would have been funny to see Trevor win though more money for him and his wife Delisha who won season 2
tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 13th June 2022, 01:27 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Finally finished this, miles above last season!
Way too short however, I felt this season really picked up momentum with the CHAIN OF SAFETY elimination and Yu Ling finally shaking things up. I felt another few weeks this could have turned out really good.

I was rooting for Yu Ling, I have zero idea how Imani even came 2nd. Frank was an okay winner but had they expanded this season I think he would have been toast in a few weeks.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 13th June 2022, 07:54 PM
Post #19
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I found it quite dull overall sad.gif

I don’t find the US series as good, maybe it’s because it’s too short. Despite it’s length, the blockings feel really spread out as well. I was shocked when they said that Imani and Eversen were the last players, it felt like the series had barely begun. Although I guess at the same time, it felt like they were barely in there and they made zero impact.

I think it lacked diversity in age range too this time. Give me an older mum/dad whose actually playing herself for once.

Yu Ling, Rachel, ‘Nathan’ and Alyssa were my faves - although I did hate how they reacted when ‘Nathan’ revealed himself, felt so toxic and v high school.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th June 2022, 08:41 PM
Post #20
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Klaus @ Jun 13 2022, 08:54 PM) *
Yu Ling, Rachel, ‘Nathan’ and Alyssa were my faves - although I did hate how they reacted when ‘Nathan’ revealed himself, felt so toxic and v high school.

I completely agree! sad.gif I found it so off-putting how incredibly superficial they were during their meeting at the table. Rachel said something like “that guy” in a repulsed tone and Yu Ling mimicked throwing up. Like?? That’s just bullying. Yet when Imani was revealed to be a catfish, all was instantly forgiven and forgotten because he’s iconic and hot (their words).

The finale episode really fell flat for me, and it left a bitter taste, even though I had actually enjoyed the season for the most part. I was also pretty stunned that Imani managed 2nd. Maybe the editing wasn’t as good as it should have been, but I felt like that character had barely made an impact and still felt very much like a newcomer. It didn’t seem to ring true that Imani would end ahead of Yu Ling and Rachel (although after how they behaved, I wasn’t bothered they did worse).

It would have been a much more bland season if Nathan/Alex hadn’t have been stirring things up. Ultimately it created his downfall because he hadn’t focused on creating strong connections, given that everybody else was mostly playing it like they were all the best of friends. There really needed to be at least 2 or 3 others who were doing the same game plan as Nathan, to spice things up.

The fanbase of the show was mostly horrible to Alex on his social media, so many people calling him a bad person. I felt bad for him. It’s a game! They seriously all wanted to watch a show of people only being fake nice to each other? unsure.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:10 PM