BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Traitors USA • Series 2, January 12th 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Travis
post 15th January 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

I haven't seen any other version of this show, but I'm 4 episodes into the US version and I'm enjoying it. I only know a handful of the celebs (Rachel, Cody, Brandi, Ryan and Cirie), but I think it would probably be more fun if it was either all reality TV celebs or all civilians. I think the mix kinda makes it weird. I don't think the format really lends itself to half-and-half casting.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th January 2023, 07:06 AM
Post #22
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I really enjoyed it! Watched the first couple of episodes at the start of the weekend and binged through 3 to 10 yesterday laugh.gif it's not the UK version but that set the bar so high, and this proves the format can still succeed without a cast that's so genius. The mix between celebs and civilians felt odd and they may as well have just gone all-in on celebs for how little the civilians featured (though the UK's all-civilian take is better), but that's my only real criticism.

**endgame spoilers follow**

Cirie played an EXCELLENT game and really deserved the win. Perhaps a little selfish to cut Arie at the end but she was the one who worked the hardest and played the best game so she deserved the $250k. Rachel vs Kate was ICONIC, I'll forever be team Rachel but I found Kate such a riveting watch even if I didn't always like her. Thank god Brandi was out early though, and I was worried Cody would go far so was pleased to see him being the first traitor out. I felt a little bad for Quentin and Andie at the end, their faces dropping was quite the sight, but you can't say Cirie didn't deserve it all.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 17th January 2023, 05:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Really been enjoying both this and the UK version, hilarious at times at just how terrible everybody is at reading body language, how right Brandy was early on with nobody listening and how amusing Kate gets the more stroppy and bitchy she feels. None of them deserve to win any money at all, and both shows are an indictement on human crowd behaviour and gullibility. laugh.gif

Totally fascinating and obsessive stuff! smile.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 20th January 2023, 09:15 PM
Post #24
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

It missed the genuine personalities of the UK version and I think it should have been a cast full of reality contestants if that’s what they were wanting, given they hardly focused on the ‘newbies.’ Still enjoyed it and got addicted though, I’m just now waiting for the BBC to buy the Australian version laugh.gif

One thing that has annoyed me is that in Episode 9 it was 3 traitors v 3 faithfuls and so they had the numbers to get rid of Kate, making it 3 traitors v 2 faithfuls and therefore ruling the vote. I guess Cirie was there to take the full amount but a risky game (despite it paying off!) when they essentially had it in the back.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2023, 10:02 PM
Post #25
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Finished it finally, not as good as the UK version. At first I thought the show was filmed after the UK one, but I reckon it was filmed before. Looks like they took some feedback on board from the US version and made a few tweeks, although I guess the US audience is way different than the UK one.

The winner played a really good game, she was very much like Wilf. I thought Wilf played a better game personally on the sense that the US game was much easier for the traitors with the contestans all being stupid and having biases to each other.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd February 2023, 08:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 10th February 2023, 03:28 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

HBO MAX has The Traitors España. The cast is 18 Celebrities.
Apparently if you have an American HBO Account + VPN set to Spain, you can watch with Subtitles. Not sure if this trick works with other Countries that have HBO Max.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th February 2023, 09:55 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Watched the US series over the last couple of days...

Cirie just ate up that whole game. No major over the top plays - but she had everyone on side. Oddly Code and Christian gave themselves away by being too cocky and you've got to think would any of the Traitors actually have been unmasked had they not slipped, as on the whole the Faithfuls were atrocious at the game. Literally they had tunnel vision over the same players throughout the whole game and just seemed to be blinded by the same 1 or 2 things each time - which was if you were outspoken, then you're a Traitor.

Thankfully we didn't have to suffer both Brandi and Kate for the whole game - Kate was bad enough for most of it, but Brandi and her together were insufferable. At least Kate had some funny one liners, but really she must've been paid to perform like that!?! as what was stopping her from just walking if she hated it that much.

Cirie though played the perfect game. It didn't even feel like she had to work for it most of the time and she was so calm and collected. Compare that to Wilf in the UK version who got to the end, but jeez he WORKED for it... only for it to come undone right at the end. Its a shame Arie gave up at the end - I guess he knew he would be the one out next, but even so - FIGHT for it!

I did enjoy it overall. Its a shame the tasks were so similar to the UK one and once you got into the OTT Americaness of it all, it was alright - even if the Faithfuls on the whole had no real thinking or plan other than to chip away at the same people each and every time.

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 14th February 2023, 09:55 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th February 2023, 12:26 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Traitors Reunion Tomorrow!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 28th February 2023, 12:06 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

A UK one would be more interesting biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st March 2023, 02:03 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The reunion was cute, even if it was just the one part.
We got what we needed. More Rachel v Kate and how the two Newbies felt about Cirie taking the money.
A bit from Ari, who probably shouldn’t have shown up.
However did notice the one girl in the back I don’t remember at all that they never talked to laugh.gif

I agree, the UK definitely deserved a reunion.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 3rd March 2023, 07:31 PM
Post #32
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/the-...tors-us-reunion

The US reunion is coming to the iPlayer tomorrow!

+Quote this post
ChrisJK
post 15th March 2023, 01:34 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

Have now finished watching this. I think it got better as it went along, but it wasn't as good as the UK version.

I just didn't like anyone that much. The only person who I really wanted to win was Kate. She played the game so well... with both viewers and the other contestants. I went from loathing her to loving her.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 2nd April 2023, 11:09 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I really liked Cirie until the very end at which point I just went off her. I hate greedy people, is 125k not enough money for you?

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 5th June 2023, 06:38 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

No Civilians next season, only “Celebrities” which I’m absolutely fine with if they keep the bar as high as they did last season.
UK apparently is filming in July, so maybe filming right after?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 19th September 2023, 04:46 PM
Post #36
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

streets are saying Dan Gheesling is in S2?

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 19th September 2023, 04:52 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

CT being on S2 Is enough to put me off 🤢🤢🤢 vile

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th September 2023, 09:58 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Definitely some interesting names floating around, a few however are saying they aren’t on the cast laugh.gif
Ugh, some names I’d definitely take a pass on. Bananas being one for sure.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th September 2023, 10:28 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Walking into the Traitors and seeing Dan or Cirie is like when they walked into Drag Race and Sasha Colby was there, Dan is such genius casting. Excited for Janelle too but I just hope she’s more switched on than BB22 which was an all around dumpster fire tbf, and BB14 where she was just kind of vibing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th September 2023, 12:11 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I’m seeing Parvati (Survivor) and Larsa Pippen’s name floating around.
DAN, JANELLE AND PARVATI THO *.*
Derrick Levasseur was asked and said no *.*

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 20th September 2023, 12:12 PM

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:57 AM