BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eternal - Always & Forever (1993)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
tommie
post 18th March 2023, 04:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

1. Stay
2. Crazy
3. Save Your Love
4. Oh Baby I...
5. I'll Be There
6. Sweet Funky Thing
7. Never Gonna Give You Up
8. Just A Step From Heaven
9. Let's Stay Together
10. This Love Is For Real
11. So Good
12. If You Need Me Tonight
13. Don't Say Goodbye
14. Amazing Grace

Singles:

Fantastic album and they never bettered it (in all honesty, they went a bit MOR for my tastes post-Louise); so many jams music.gif

On a related note, their music videos need proper uploads and sorting out cry.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 18th March 2023, 11:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

So many amazing songs on this album

Oh Baby I is such a tuuuuuune

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2023, 09:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Herbs @ Mar 19 2023, 12:44 AM) *
So many amazing songs on this album

Oh Baby I is such a tuuuuuune

Even Amazing Grace could've been a hot single with club mixes music.gif

Eternal's digital platform presence is a mess though. Someone really needs to campaign to sort it out pirate.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th March 2023, 11:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Been so long since I actually gave the full album a listen (I dare say 20 years or so maybe?), but such fantastic singles!

+Quote this post
tommie
post 21st March 2023, 08:51 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Mar 21 2023, 12:06 AM) *
Been so long since I actually gave the full album a listen (I dare say 20 years or so maybe?), but such fantastic singles!

I was listening to it and dare I say that I'll Be There, Sweet Funky Thing and Never Gonna Give You Up could've been singles with radio edits (I'll Be There can be a bit repetitive)? Sweet Funky Thing was a promotional single in the US, so clearly they saw potential there.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 21st March 2023, 09:21 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

Don't think i've ever listened to the album and only know the first 3 singles
will investigate further but Stay and Just a Step from Heaven are classics!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th March 2023, 12:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Great album, i really enjoyed it at the time and while not their most popular single save our love is a huge fave of mine.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd October 2023, 11:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

'Always & Forever' is being re-released on vinyl as part of National Album Day, on 14th October 2023. It's the first time that it's been issued since its original pressing 30 years ago.

~~~

Plans for a 4 piece reunion fell through recently ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66910604 ), because of the sisters' stance on playing LGBTQ+ festivals - they wouldn't agree to doing so. It seems they specifically have a problem with "the trans lobby taking over pride". rolleyes.gif Although somebody discovered that Vernie had liked anti-gay tweets as well, so it seems her prejudices are against the community at large. Easther has been quiet, but she stands with Vernie, so...

Louise and Kelle pulled out of the reunion, and have made it clear through statements that they stand with the LGBTQ+ community and wouldn't agree to excluding anybody from the reunion celebrations.

It appears that Easther and Vernie are forging ahead with a reunion as a duo. wacko.gif A couple of days ago, Vernie posted on Instagram, showing them at work in the studio, on what appears to be a re-worked version of their debut single Stay. They've also been booked as headliners for "Back 2 Festival" in Nottinghamshire in August 2024. I am... surprised they're being booked following this controversy.

Another surprise is that the sisters' manager is Denis Ingoldsby, who originally managed Eternal in their 90s heyday. Although from my understanding, Denis didn't manage the sisters in 1998/1999 after Kelle left, so it's interesting that he's representing them now. He defended Vernie...

Denis Ingoldsby: 'Louise and her team have thrown [the sisters] under the bus and everyone is totally appalled at their bullying behaviour by totally misrepresenting the situation to suit their own agenda. The girls sent an email to Louise’s camp saying they loved playing Pride, and they loved the ethos of the event. For her camp to go on the record suggesting they are homophobic is utterly outrageous. This is nothing about gay rights. The girls have played numerous LGBTQI venues their entire careers and have been inspired by the love and acceptance they have received. This is about the debate about the trans lobby and the erosion of the rights of women and children. Vernie said she had some concerns about the Pride movement being hijacked - and she is not alone - but this has now been weaponised against her, with Louise’s team trying to get her cancelled. The fact that the public statements by Louise’s team conveniently failed to acknowledge these concerns...once again shows how women are being excluded from the conversation.'

^ rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Louise's publicist Simon Jones had this to say...

Simon Jones: 'Louise is a huge supporter and ally of the LGBTQ+ community and both herself and Kéllé told the duo they would not work with anyone who held these views, and as such the reunion as a four would not be going ahead. The team behind the proposed Eternal reunion are gay including management, PR and tour promoter, and neither myself nor any of the team would work with artists who held such views about the trans community.', and then added 'Denis Ingoldsby was not involved in the discussions about the Eternal reunion including all four members over the last two years. Easther and Vernie can try and dress this up however they wish. The fact remains that the duo said they would only do the Eternal reunion if no Pride or LGBTQ+ festivals were included. Louise would obviously not agree to excluding the LGBTQ+ community from their touring plans. We as a team absolutely do not agree with dividing the LGBTQ+ community or excluding trans people.'

clap.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 3rd March 2024, 01:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/28/90s-pop-icon...sales-20363586/

They've since added a new member... but have had to cancel their comeback gig due to poor ticket sales.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd March 2024, 03:43 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Save our love and oh baby I are 2 songs I love from them, this was a great debut album but the name eternal is tarnished now and its pointless them continuing and its their own doing as their views do not belong in this world. Louise and Kelle are dead right keeping there distance.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:20 PM