BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 5 Lady Gaga Performances That Made Us Ugly Cry, 😭
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 3rd April 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Gaga, the premiere new millennium pop auteur, who by this point needs no introduction, is so very generous. Visually, she is always giving us something to gag over, from meat dresses, couture looques aplenty on American Horror Story: Hotel. Musically, she's got a diamond-studded voice that hits the back of any stadium, art-pop and high-drama piano ballads. And personally, she possesses a demonstrable passion for humanity and activism.

What I've just mentioned hardly scratches the surface of her ever-evolving career. And no matter how you feel about her, there's something in her diverse catalogue for absolutely everyone (people stans who prefer a stripped-down version of “the real Stefani" get to enjoy 2016's Joanne, which I suppose I can respect). Anyway, today we want to celebrate Mother Monster (remember that moniker?) with five performances of hers that leave us wiping away snot and eye boogers because the stage is where this inimitable star was born to be. (See what we did there?)

"Gypsy" live in Berlin: Mustache, pitch-shifting (on key!) and all, this Artpop standout gets the royal rendition it richly deserves.

"The Edge of Glory" live on Howard Stern: Her commitment to the hair-metal aesthetic of 2011's blockbuster Born This Way era is worth of its very own award.

"Paparazzi" live at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards: You can't not include this video of Gaga dying on stage suspended in air in any roundup of appreciation about Gaga. Yes, the double-negative is intentional for emphasis: You simply CAN'T NOT.

"Til It Happens To You" at the 2016 Academy Awards: Gaga's anthem for sexual assault survivors, co-penned with Diane Warren, is a #MeToo anthem before the Weinstein scandal broke and a tearjerker in its own right. But this performance, still relevant, is rendered more poignant with Gaga belting it out at the piano in a white suit.

"Million Reasons" and "A-YO" live on the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris: OK, and this one is for those of you who really, really love Joanne. I mean, this is also hands-down the best performance I've ever witnessed at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, so that's worthy of its own recognition. What did I tell you about that voice that reaches the back of the room? The same goes for Lady Gaga's heart, but its reach is even more global.

http://www.papermag.com/lady-gaga-ugly-cry-2554205230.html

A collection.

What live TV performances make you ugly cry? Answer: "all of them" not allowed x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 3rd April 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

The Edge of Glory stripped back ALWAYS gets to me so let me add:

Also excuse the LOOK and just listen:

The entire Born This Way era was just magical for live performances. It meant so much to her/me/everyone that followed her :'(

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 3rd April 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

This still makes me a mess.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 3rd April 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

This post has been edited by SKOB: 3rd April 2018, 05:39 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 12th April 2018, 01:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lUW9SKquY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ta82ElwkUQM

wub.gif

Two of my favourites

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 10th February 2019, 12:35 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

This weekends Grammys and the Oscars will soon add to this!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:03 PM