BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> JoJo - Mad Love, 3rd album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
kyky
post Jan 7 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #41
Group icon
New Entry
User: 8,070
QUOTE(Joao Filipe @ Dec 11 2008, 10:49 AM) *
I hope so. Blackground were absolute $h!tE with their artists. The only two major artists they had were Aaliyah and JoJo. They were the only two artists bringing in the platinum discs. And at one point, R Kelly and i think Timbaland was signed with them. Still cant believe what happened to LAX Gurlz dry.gif
Interscope is a MASSIVE step up from Blackground.

what happened to LAX??
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Jan 7 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497
^Well their first single flopped, and after that they changed their name to Kali Gurlz and then released another single with a promised summer album release but look how that went rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post Jan 7 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #43
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
'Forget You' was strong but LAX Gurlz never were and were never going to be anything more than pretty faces making completely throwaway summer pop songs... no big loss there.

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Jan 7 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jarkchild @ Jan 7 2009, 06:49 PM) *
'Forget You' was strong but LAX Gurlz never were and were never going to be anything more than pretty faces making completely throwaway summer pop songs... no big loss there.

BEG YA PUDDING???????

SupaHypnotic is AMAZE.
Works so much better for them that it did for Shaggy and Nicole Sherzinger.

This post has been edited by Joao Filipe: Jan 7 2009, 06:55 PM

+Quote this post
Rena
post Jan 14 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 7,854
Never heard of them..

But anyway, I JUST WANT SOME NEW MUSIC. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Feb 7 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Happy February! A bit frustrated... but this too shall pass.
Current mood: focused

Hey pals,
I'm writing this to vent a bit... Perhaps I'm a bit overzealous to release the new material that I've recorded out as the process of waiting becomes increasingly agitating by the week. Friends, family, folks I meet on the street have been asking me "When are you coming out with something new?" And unfortunately, I don't have a concrete answer. And then there's my favorite question- "Are you DOING anything?" Lol... yes. I promise I don't sit around on my sofa in sweatpants all day. Although I'm not on tv, magazines, radio right now- I'm still working below the radar putting the new songs together and get things ready. I do my part and will energetically and enthusiastically continue to do so- but its also very much so up to the other people involved in the behind-the-scenes aspect of my project. Its frustrating and inauspicious to feel out of control in certain areas of life, but I ultimately I believe that everything happens for a reason and will serve as a learning experience. I think that when things don't go down exactly the way you envisioned them happening, there is a purpose behind it. Right now, I'm throwing myself wholeheartedly into finishing my senior year, getting into tip-top shape (slowly but surely), painting, writing songs, contemplating and reading movie scripts, and weighing my options overall. I wish I could divulge the behind-the-scenes things that are interrupting the flow of delivering the album, but it is complicated and confusing even to me, someone who's in middle of the whole thing. I am still recording and still very focused on, fully committed to, and intensely inspired by the promise of the future. I know that I've learned a lot from the last few months and Im sure I'll absorb a whole lot more in months to come.
I believe that if/when the time comes- the waiting, the doubts, the questions, and the wondering- will have all been worth it. I'm only 18! I feel like my life is just beginning... I just gotta walk in faith and keep things in perspective.
Wheew! Just wanted to get that off my chest. Sorry if it was a little confusing... i know I often tend to aimlessly ramble on! lol...

Lots of love,
Jo

Btw- I am reading NIV's "Women's Devotional Bible Vol.2" and beginning to get into Maureen Jenning's "The Map of Your Mind". Pretty interesting!! And I'm excited to see "He's Just Not That Into You" and "Madea Goes to Jail". I havent been to the movies in so long... Have you seen any good movie's lately?

Also, now that I'm being fully random, lol- here's an tasty salad idea that I've been making massive bowls of and eating throughout the week! I've also been loving celery with peanut butter and raisins. YUMMMM.

Here it goes:

- "Nature's Promise" Organic Baby Spinach and Spring Mix (any kind of deep leafy green salad will do though).
-helping of sliced black olives (drained, no-pits)
- helping of grape tomatoes
- helping of small slices of apple ( I like Gala and Fuji apples!)
- helping of sliced red grapes
-helping of sliced cucumbers
-helping of chopped celery

* I say "helping of" because everyone has their own preference on how much or how little of each type of thing they like in their salad. Put in as much as you like or omit and change to fit what you think is tastiest. I like to try different fruits in my salads such as strawberries, dried cranberries, dried apples, and mandarin oranges. I put all the ingredients into a big salad bowl, mix them up with my hands (washed of course!) and then serve. I like to spritz on "Ken's Light Accents Balsamic Vinegarette". If you try this fruity salad, let me know how ya like it! xo

Currently listening:
The J Moss Project
By J. Moss
Release date: 2004-10-12

mad.gif I blame Blackground. If they didnt go bust then JoJo wouldnt have had to move...

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Mar 10 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
POP SINGER JOJO, NOW 18 IS PUTTING THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON HER 3RD STUDIO ALBUM "ALL I WANT IS EVERYTHING".
THE DELAY FOR THE NEW DISC IS JOJO SWITCHED FROM BLACKGROUND TO INTERSCOPE RECORDS. THE DISC IS DUE JUNE 2, 2009.
THE 1ST SINGLE WILL EITHER BE A R&B MID TEMPO SONG CALLED "TOUCH DOWN" PRODUCED BY TOBY GAD (WHO PRODUCED BEYONCE'S IF I WERE A BOY), OR A UPTEMPO CLUB BANGER SONG CALLED "THAT'S MY LIMIT" PRODUCED BY RODNEY DARKCHILD JERKINS (WHO PRODUCED BRANDY'S RIGHT HERE DEPARTED).
THE LABEL IS UNSURE ON HOW THEY WANT TO RE INTRODUCE HER WITH HER FIRST SINGLE. THE ALBUM "ALL I WANT IS EVERYTHING" FEATURES PRODUCTION FROM DJ TROOMP, CHAD HUGO, JIM BEANZ, DARKCHILD, DANJA, TOBY GAD, BRYAN MICHAEL COX, POLOW DA DON, JR ROTTEM, AND MORE. SHE HAS ALSO COLLABORATED WITH T-PAIN, MARIO, AND LUDACRIS. THE SINGLE WILL BE CHOSEN AT THE END OF THE MONTH AND WILL BE SENT TO RADIO IN APRIL.

ohmy.gif?

Also,

This post has been edited by Joao.: Mar 10 2009, 07:11 PM

+Quote this post
Aled.
post Mar 10 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254
Very exited about this but im not so sure about the whole R&B sound it looks like she's going on

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Mar 10 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
^Shes always been on the edge of pop/r&b.. "JoJo" was very R&B-ish and THR was more pop-y
i think the label swap to Interscope may be a good change for her.. already the list of producers sound amazing. Toby Gad, Timbaland, T-Pain, Darkchild, Danja biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mikal
post Mar 10 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
About f***ing TIME.

I've missed her.

I hope she changes her album title now though. It sounds too much like Kelly's.

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Mar 10 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think the album title will stay the same although i hope its on par with (if not, better than) Kelly's All I Ever Wanted. The titles both have the same message/meaning to them so i doubt Jo is gonna change it.
I know The High Road's title was confirmed well long before the albums release...

This post has been edited by Joao.: Mar 10 2009, 08:43 PM

+Quote this post
Mikal
post Mar 10 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
Hmmmm I do believe she'll change it.

I also hope she's SLUTTED IT UP!

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Mar 10 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
No laugh.gif Has anyone seen her new haircut laugh.gif ?
Shes not going Xtina - Stripped anytime soon laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Joao.: Mar 10 2009, 08:55 PM

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Mar 10 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
I cannie wait!

+Quote this post
Golowhore
post Mar 11 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 8,352
Yeah, Jojo IS an RnB singer. Thats what she does.

All this pop music really isnt the real Jojo. Glad we're gonna see it soon.

I hope that is actually true... We've had enough false alarms to last a lifetime.... Very excited for it...

GO JOJO.

+Quote this post
J-o-e
post Mar 11 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Freakshow
User: 4,131
Urgh thats an awful picture of her, she looks like Ali Lohan, cant wait for the new stuff though, personally I think the more up-tempo tune would go down better.

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Mar 11 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Golowhore @ Mar 11 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Yeah, Jojo IS an RnB singer. Thats what she does.

All this pop music really isnt the real Jojo. Glad we're gonna see it soon.

I hope that is actually true... We've had enough false alarms to last a lifetime.... Very excited for it...

GO JOJO.

You do know Pop Music consists of more than just S Club 7, Girls Aloud, Britney Spears-esque tracks right? Shes always been pop, shell always be pop she will just go more Urban on this album. Her tracks have just been R&B influenced.

This post has been edited by Joao.: Mar 11 2009, 08:21 PM

+Quote this post
Golowhore
post Mar 12 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
QUOTE(Joao. @ Mar 11 2009, 08:22 PM) *
You do know Pop Music consists of more than just S Club 7, Girls Aloud, Britney Spears-esque tracks right? Shes always been pop, shell always be pop she will just go more Urban on this album. Her tracks have just been R&B influenced.

I know, but i'd rather call her an RnB singer with Pop influences. Shes been singing RnB ever since she was a child, you see those demo songs when she was like 8 and they're all Soul/RnB songs... I read that when she first heard the Demo of Leave when she was 13, she was HORRIFIED. And it took a lot of persuasion before she agreed to sing it. If she had her way, im sure her albums would be exclusively RnB/Hip hop/ Neo Soul. But I dunno, obviously it will vary for different people but i dunno/ I just see her as an RnB singer with pop influences...

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Apr 1 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
RJ: Who are you currently working with these days?

K: I’m working with Chad, still, as always, probably forever.Chad and I have just produced five or six songs for JoJo, the 13-year-old who is now 18 years old and has the voice every singer should be afraid of. The only person that doesn’t need to necessarily be afraid is Jennifer Hudson. She’s just amazing, and so Chad and I chose to work with her. We’re also working on my EPs that are coming out. I have an EP series called The Atlanta Chronicles that are coming out this year, and I’m also putting out an album next year called Songs for Flight.

http://theneptunes.org/kenna-to-release-4-...ennifer-hudson/

+Quote this post
Golowhore
post Apr 1 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
have you heard her new demo? Its not 100% certain that its her one but its very likely. Type in Jordin Sparks Fearless on youtube. It sounds Jordin but she confirmed that it wasnt on her mypace.. Its not Jojo either, just a demo singer... TBH I hate it, lol.

This post has been edited by Golowhore: Apr 1 2009, 09:10 PM

+Quote this post

31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:57 AM