BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jade Thirlwall - TBC • 1st Single, Release date TBC
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post 7th April 2024, 11:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I thought it was time to make a thread as in the past few weeks Jade said her lead single was being mixed and her music video was booked in.

The Sun are now claiming the video has been shot and they are pretty reliable when it comes to the LM girls.

-

LITTLE MIX star Jade Thirlwall is finally dropping her debut single – and it includes a dig at her former boss Simon Cowell.

It seems she has unfinished business with the music mogul and takes aim at him in the lyrics of the song, Angel Of My Dreams.

It features the telling line: “Sold my soul to a SyCo” a reference to Simon’s now- defunct record label — which the girl band quit in 2018.

And Jade also looks to have taken a pop at the former X Factor supremo himself in the big-budget video for the track, which she has been secretly shooting in ­London.

The promo depicts Jade as a youngster trying to find fame, along with a mysterious man smoking a cigar who ­controls the music industry.

The relationship with Simon later turned sour after the group confronted Simon in a strongly worded email over their writing credits.

A bigger row then erupted between the band’s management company ­Modest and Simon, who decided to cut ties with them in 2018.

The dispute saw the girls move to RCA, which released their fifth album, LM5.

Jade — whose spokesman declined to comment on the apparent Simon references on the new single — later revealed the group were then stopped from pushing a message of girl power.

Source: The Sun
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 7th April 2024, 05:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

These are some lyrics according to someone claims they heard the song on another forum:

"when the camera flashy, I act so happy, I'm in heaven when you're looking at me"

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th April 2024, 06:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

My most anticipated solo from the girlies! Can't wait. I think she'll get little "chart" success (Top 40 debuts are not off the table - even a decent running hit every now and then), but will get herself the kind of fanbase that drives the likes of Charli, Tove & Carly Rae (yes - the gays I guess lmao) to sustainable success.

I'm really excited mainly because I feel like she had the most input towards material during her time with Little Mix and I think that we kinda know what to expect a little with her due to that (assuming she is going the 'Touch', 'Wasabi', 'Sweet Melody' kinda dark club pop route laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 7th April 2024, 09:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

Yeah, Jade was the creative nucleus of the band, with a bit of Leigh-Anne. You can even tell from Perrie's latest interview.
I want to say her solo material would sound most like Little Mix, but Little Mix transcended several genres.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 7th April 2024, 09:19 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Whatever happened with that rumoured Jax Jones single? Was that all a bluff or is it happening someway down the line?

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 11th April 2024, 10:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Jade was spotted filming her music video - if you don't want to be spoiled don't click.

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 12th April 2024, 03:01 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

OK!!!! I'm ready!!!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 12th April 2024, 06:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

This is the one I'm really excited about!

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post 22nd April 2024, 02:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311

Praying she releases on May. Perrie’s release has already lost my interest. I feel Jade’s going to deliver something actually interesting.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 23rd April 2024, 10:44 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

There are rumours she’s going to join someone on stage at Mighty Hoopla…

+Quote this post
Scene
post 23rd April 2024, 02:18 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Hopefully Jade is learning from the other three. It’s all about that first hit! I wonder if the first release will be a collab to help gain popularity?

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Saturday, 06:25 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Jade Thirlwall’s solo chapter is finally coming – and a collaboration with superstar Tyla is on the cards.

We can reveal the Little Mix star will drop her long-awaited debut this summer. And it may well feature a duet with South African viral sensation Tyla, who won a Grammy before releasing her own debut album.

A source said: “Jade has taken her time with her new music because it’s important that her solo record stands out in a crowded market place.

“Her record label also wanted to avoid clashes with her bandmates’ releases and they agreed between them that Jade will release next.

“She has been in private talks with several Little Mix fan groups and has taken their ideas on board and is producing music that pushes the envelope.”

The source added: “She is also angling for a duet with 22-year-old Tyla, who has a huge social media following. They are both signed to Sony and their respective A&Rs are trying to make it happen.”

Source: The Mirror

+Quote this post
Scene
post Saturday, 08:26 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

Totally here for a Tyla collab! All sounds promising so far.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Saturday, 08:27 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I am so so sooooo hyped! <3

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Sunday, 03:13 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Let's hope jade can buck the trend of disappointing solo singles.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Sunday, 11:48 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
1hit1der
post Monday, 02:06 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 26,719

Oh she’s serving camp for her debut single/MV!

I’m gonna need Jade to be in her choreo bag too — we need more choreo moments like her Sweet Melody verse!

+Quote this post
Scene
post 19 hours ago
Post #18
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

Yes Jade! I was hoping she’d serve drag queen realness in her solo era. Glad she’s looking to pay homage to drag for her debut video! So excited! I think she could buck the trend of solo LM underperformances.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st May 2024, 12:34 PM