BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

80 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Melanie C • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post Oct 12 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #181
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Melanie C is being interviewed by John Bisop 9pm channel W tonight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Oct 13 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #182
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

Cool can't wait to see it .

+Quote Post
vibe
post Nov 9 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #183
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

She's on celebrity juice tonight .

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Nov 9 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #184
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Yay, I've got it recording ready to watch tomorrow! Love Celebrity Juice!

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Nov 9 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #185
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently Melanie is back in the studio with Bryan Adams! What do we think just a re-recording of When you're gone for a GH? Dare we hope beyond hope that it's a new song? Also she said in a podcast with Daisy Lowe she is currently working on 2 albums... What are these do we think? Greatest Hits of her own? Could the re-recording be for her own Greatest Hits? A new album? A new themed album? So many options w00t.gif yahoo.gif

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 9 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #186
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Awesome news

+Quote Post
vibe
post Nov 10 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #187
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

If it is for a GH surely she can license her singles from virgin and not lose out too much . GH Hardly sell these days anyways.

+Quote Post
felx
post Nov 10 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #188
New Entry
Member No.: 47,407
   No Gallery Pics

hi guys I am from DD

first.....where have you seen information about Mel and Bryan recording anything....I saw some pictures, that seemed to be in photo studio....(maybe for some artwork)...bye the way Bryan Adams is releasing his Greatest Hits (if I am right today)

second.....why are most of you so excited about greatest hits album??? it is not like you cant make your own.....you don't have to put in different CDs to mix her hits from her albums.....
I thing GH are useless, waste of time and money......I prefer her to work on new material

ps: I cant find her name on celebrity juice panel for tonight......

PS2: Melanie will perform tomorrow in Royal Albert Hall on Festival of remembrance (for the royal family)

This post has been edited by felx: Nov 10 2017, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Nov 10 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #189
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,829
   No Gallery Pics

If you listen to the podcast she tweeted about, you'll hear that she plans to work with new people in the new year.

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 12 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #190
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

It's time for her first GH

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 12 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #191
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I totally agree and if the Spice Girls reunion happens it would be the right time and take advantage of the exposure.

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Nov 17 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #192
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Have you ever noticed how Melanie C’s hair is a touchpoint of the times?

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Nov 17 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #193
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

I've collected some very, very interesting bits from a new interview. You can read it in full here: http://www.albumism.com/interviews/the-mag...oneer-melanie-c

INTERVIEW: The Magnanimous, Musical Adventures of Pop Pioneer Melanie C

QH: “Room For Love” is your newest offering from Version of Me. What makes that song special for you and makes you want it to speak for your record in the public’s eye?

MC: This particular song, I didn’t expect it to ever be a single. But there was so much love for this song from the fans as I’ve been traveling around and performing the album this year, it kind of felt like we had to do it. As a thank you for all the support over the year.

This song is special to me, as it has quite a personal lyric. It was inspired by me reaching a point in my life where I have so much stuff, whether it be materialistic or responsibilities, our lives are just so full! But I was without love. I just got to the point where I had to make room, I’ve had to find some space (for love). To love and to be loved are the most important things for a human being to experience. That is where the inspiration came from for the lyric. And I just love it melodically. It was my first session with Sons of Sonix and it just felt like a magical couple of days in the studio where that song came from.

QH: Let's talk about the collage theme for the partnering music video to “Room For Love,” how did that come about?

MC: Again, I wasn’t really thinking of a fourth single on the album. But I had a trip to Brazil earlier this year and it was phenomenal. I hadn’t been there in about, maybe, 19 years, the fans were just incredible! We had such a great time, it was lovely, it felt like the ‘90s again! [laughs] And this song kept coming up and they kept shouting out for us to do it. So, we (the band) said let’s just do it! I had two musicians with me and we hadn’t rehearsed, but we knew the song, so I just played it with my percussionist and keyboard player. It was a really off the cuff moment!

You know, the feeling had been with this year and reaching out and getting to territories I hadn’t been to for a long time, like Brazil, like Mexico. Unfortunately, I haven’t made it to the U.S., yet. But the love was palpable, it was there and really being shown. It just felt like a nice idea to give back to the fans and get them involved (in the video). And the footage, as you can see from the video, is so brilliant. It was just so great to put it all together and I’m so happy with how it turned out. It was so collaborative.

QH: Among the features from fans and your musical contemporaries Natalie Imbruglia and KT Tunstall, you had a few Spice Girls drop in for a cameo for the “Room For Love” video. Can you talk about that enduring bond with your fellow Spice Girls?

MC: Emma, Geri and Victoria all sent me some little clips to put into the video. That was lovely to have them in there and it really meant a lot to me. And we do! We have this bond which will never be broken. I’m not going to say that it’s a big fairytale existence, because it is not. Sometimes it’s tough, we have our ups and downs, we have our disagreements. But, at the end of the day, there’s nobody else on this planet that knows what we went through, you know? It was a unique experience that the five of us shared, and I don’t think that we will ever be away or out of touch for too long.

QH: Have you given any thought to what’s next with your eighth album?

MC: Yes! I have, I have, I'm working on it right now! I'm just about to leave for Europe, I'm doing a big tour, it's called Night of the Proms. I've been invited along as a guest vocalist. There's a 60-piece orchestra and band on stage, it's a big arena tour, so that keeps me busy until Christmas. And then, in the New Year, when I get back, I start work on the new record. I'm very excited about it, I'm hoping to get the music out in the new year.

It seems like the old way of doing things, where you take off for a couple of years to make a record? It feels like those days are gone. I've enjoyed performing so much this year, I just want to keep going. So, next year's going to be dedicated to new music, lots of live shows and really trying to get back out to the territories I haven't been to for a long time. The world feels so accessible now, I love traveling and meeting my fans all over the world, so that's the plan!

QH: You've amassed an amazing body of B-sides across your seven studio albums. Are there any plans to collect them in one space, physically or digitally?

MC: I think, again, talking about how the industry has changed and how we consume music now, has opened up new opportunities (for me). I'm actually starting to work with a new team of people, management wise, musically and creatively, in the New Year. We are really opening up and I'm thinking about all of these new opportunities out there. I've never done a “greatest hits.” I'd love to do an acoustic record. It feels like now, in music, that the world's your oyster, you know? We used to be on this treadmill when you were signed to a major label and it just feels like we are now, as artists, that we're so much freer than we've ever been. I'd love to get some feedback from fans to see what they like and talk about these possibilities!

Read the rest of the interview here: http://www.albumism.com/interviews/the-mag...oneer-melanie-c

w00t.gif yahoo.gif cheer.gif dance.gif

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 19 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #194
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

That interview was awful I'm not surprised it was by that bellend guy. Mel C having to go off on tangents as his questions were stupid. There is one song in Mel's whole solo career I would ever class as RnB, so why he kept on about it god only knows.

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Nov 19 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #195
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Have you ever wondered how some of the hits would sound in orchestral form? wink.gif

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Nov 19 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #196
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

Aw, Melanie noticed a fan in the audience for 'I Turn To You'? ("Ice, ice, ice"). That was a sweet moment.

They are all so lovely heart.gif

+Quote Post
vibe
post Nov 20 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #197
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for uploading those videos.

I will check them out when i am at work.

If Melanie did release a best of or a gh what singles do you think she should include? She has released so many !! That's without the possibility of including album tracks.

My choices.

1. Goin Down
2. Northern Star
3. Never Be The Same Again
4. I Turn To You
5. Here It Comes Again
6. Yeh Yeh Yeh
7. Next Best Superstar
8. First Day Of My Life
9. You'll Get Yours - (This is easily her best track and needs to be included)
10. The Moment You Believe
11. Carolyna
12. Think About It
13. Weak
14. Anymore
15. NEW TRACK
16. NEW TRACK
17. NEW TRack
18. Loving You / Matt Cardle
19. When Your Gone / Bryan Adams
20. Solo version of a SG track.

Omiited
1. If That Were Me - I adore this track but would not include so exclusion helps NS album trickle sales.
2. Melt
3. On the horizon - Mel hates it , cant see her including it
4. Better Alone - least said about this the better
5. I want candy
6. This Time
7. Understand
8. Rock me
9. Dear Life
10. Room for Love

Melanie has never released a mainstream cover song either? Is that a good idea?

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
post Nov 20 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #198
New Entry
Member No.: 39,660
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vibe @ Nov 20 2017, 02:18 PM) *
Thanks for uploading those videos.

I will check them out when i am at work.

If Melanie did release a best of or a gh what singles do you think she should include? She has released so many !! That's without the possibility of including album tracks.

My choices.

1. Goin Down
2. Northern Star
4. I Turn To You
5. Here It Comes Again
6. Yeh Yeh Yeh
7. Next Best Superstar
8. First Day Of My Life
9. You'll Get Yours - (This is easily her best track and needs to be included)
10. The Moment You Believe
11. Carolyna
12. Think About It
13. Weak
14. Anymore
15. NEW TRACK
16. NEW TRACK
17. NEW TRack
18. Loving You / Matt Cardle
19. When Your Gone / Bryan Adams
20. Solo version of a SG track.

Omiited
1. If That Were Me - I adore this track but would not include so exclusion helps NS album trickle sales.
2. Melt
3. On the horizon - Mel hates it , cant see her including it
4. Better Alone - least said about this the better
5. I want candy
6. This Time
7. Understand
8. Rock me
9. Dear Life
10. Room for Love

Melanie has never released a mainstream cover song either? Is that a good idea?

calling it Greatest Hits is bit weird considering how many real hits are there.... I believe could be better if it's a Best of or a Singles collection. She could even release more versions, a simple one with around 15 tracks from her most well known songs, one including the whole singles catalogue on 2 CDs and even a version with DVD including all videos. mostly all fans would like to buy all editions and for her could be a good way to make easy money and also to reach casual buyers, collections are more easy to buy than proper albums for casuals.

regular:
1. Goin Down
2. Northern Star
4. I Turn To You
5. Here It Comes Again
6. Yeh Yeh Yeh
7. Next Best Superstar
8. First Day Of My Life
9. The Moment You Believe
10. Carolyna
11. Think About It
12. Weak
13. Anymore
14. New Track
15. When Your Gone / Bryan Adams (bonus)

Special edition:
CD1
1. When you'r gone
2. Goin Down
3. Northern Star
4. Never Be The Same Again
5. I Turn To You
6. If that were me
7. here it comes again
8. On the horizon
9. yeh yeh yeh
10. Melt
11. Next Best Superstar
12. Better alone
13. First Day Of My Life
CD2
14. I want candy
15. The Moment You Believe
16. Carolyna
17. This time
18. Think About It
19. Weak
20. I know him so well
21. Anymore
22. dear Life
23. Room for love
24. NEW TRACK
25. Cool as You (bonus)
26. Loving You (bonus)

This post has been edited by Fulvio84: Nov 20 2017, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 20 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #199
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

She would be dumb to miss off things like If that were me, On the horizon and I want candy. A huge selling point for any GH is people recognising a lot of the tracks on a GH. Also she can say it includes 'X top 20/40 hits' which those 3 songs add to.

When you're gone
All NS singles
All reason singles minus Melt
IWC, Carolyna
TAI and Weak
IKHSW
Anymore, Room for love
Loving you
New song
New song

18 tracks, mix the tracklisting order so the top 20 hits mingle in with the non charting singles.

IKHSW included so it can feature Bryan Adams, Lisa Left Eye Lopez, Matt Cardle and Emma Bunton.

+Quote Post
missingyou
post Nov 20 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #200
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 4,429
   No Gallery Pics

Melanie C - Red Girl: The Best Of

01 I TURN TO YOU
02 NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN
03 NEXT BEST SUPERSTAR
04 FIRST DAY OF MY LIFE
05 THINK ABOUT IT
06 HERE IT COMES AGAIN
07 CAROLYNA
08 WEAK
09 NORTHERN STAR
10 IF THAT WE'RE ME
11 ANYMORE
12 LOVING YOU (Feat. Matt Cardle)
13 I KNOW HIM SO WELL (Feat. Emma Bunton)
14 WHEN YOU'RE GONE (Feat. Bryan Adams)

+Quote Post

80 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 AM