BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> UK retro charts ; dubtrack sessions
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 13th June 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

edit; new link: https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/buzzjack-room

-x-

An idea has occurred to me which I think could potentially be popular here. It's based on the radio 2 show Pick Of The Pops, where they play highlights from really old charts, and while I like the concept of the show I don't ever listen to it properly because the music played is mostly awful.

I will be playing a selection of entries, climbers and number ones from this time in the past in no particular order for a few hours from 8:00 tonight on plug.dj (if I'm available then).

If people like it then it can be a weekly thing, either at the same time or moved to the Sunday 4-7 slot when the chart show moves to Fridays (I don't know if mods have any plans for that slot anyway so do tell me if I'm getting in the way of anything), I would like to trial it out before the move though.

click here to go into the plug.dj room
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 13th June 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Spinning Adam approves of this. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 14th June 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Oh, wish I'd seen this earlier! I'd love to tune in at some point if you continue hosting it. I feel the same about POTP, would listen to it a lot more if the years were more recent.

+Quote this post
danG
post 14th June 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

I'll host it again next Saturday night. The first one went very well actually, me Ethan and ketalina were spinning come proper classics! and Rush was there too but not djing

+Quote this post
danG
post 20th June 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

this will be back tonight at 9pm, including the following moments from this week in chart history:

• Cheryl entering at #1 with the Calvin Harris produced 'Call My Name' three years ago
• speaking of Calvin Harris, he starts the iconic 18 Months era with 'Bounce', which enters at #2 four years ago
• Darude entering the chart at #3 with trance anthem 'Sandstorm' 15 years ago! *.

and more of course, feel free to join in here. You can also join the DJ list and pick your retro chart favourites happy.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 28th August 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #6
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

this will be back tonight at 9pm, including the following moments from this week in chart history:

• Rihanna gets her first ever chart hit with 'Pon de Replay' 10 years ago
• Taylor Swift enters the top 5 with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' in 2012 AND 'Shake It Off' in 2014
• Madonna gets yet another #1 in 2000 with 'Music'

and more of course, feel free to join in here. You can also join the DJ list and pick your retro chart favourites happy.gif

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 28th August 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #7
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

My computer is too slow and my Wi-Fi connection is, quite frankly, shit so I can't use Plug otherwise I'd be there, this sounds good!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th August 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I'm out tonight so can't turn up today but if this happens again I'll try and turn up smile.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 28th August 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

QUOTE(Danvicii @ Aug 28 2015, 11:35 AM) *

• Rihanna gets her first ever chart hit with 'Pon de Replay' 10 years ago
• Taylor Swift enters the top 5 with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' in 2012 AND 'Shake It Off' in 2014
• Madonna gets yet another #1 in 2000 with 'Music'

change of plan, it's now happening in the main room.

+Quote this post
danG
post 4th September 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

• Gorillaz get their first ever #1 10 years ago with 'Dare'.
• Little Mix get their second #1 with 'Wings' in 2012, their first single following their X Factor winner's single.
• Lilly Wood (who are more than one person) get their #1 this time last year with 'Prayer In C'. They still haven't followed it up unsurprisingly.

If it's not there it will be in the main room.

FAQs:

How do I choose a song?

Go to this website and type in today's date (4 September) as well as any year (except 2015, because that's not retro). It will take you to the chart that was active this time in that year. Then choose a song that was a new entry, big climber, or was high in the chart that week.

I have a great song I wanna play that doesn't fit the theme. Can I still play it?

If the song is a proper tune and a crowd pleaser I'll be happy to not skip your play. happy.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 11th September 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

• Pussycat Dolls get their debut #1 single 'Don't Cha' 10 years ago
• The Black Eyed Peas get their debut #1 single 'Where Is The Love?' 12 years ago
• The start of 'Gangnam Style's domination, debuting at #61 3 years ago

If it's not there it will be in the main room.

FAQs:

How do I choose a song?

Go to this website and type in today's date (4 September) as well as any year (except 2015, because that's not retro). It will take you to the chart that was active this time in that year. Then choose a song that was a new entry, big climber, or was high in the chart that week.

I have a great song I wanna play that doesn't fit the theme. Can I still play it?

If the song is a proper tune and a crowd pleaser I'll be happy to not skip your play. happy.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 18th March 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

the idea just occurred to me to bring these back, and after last week's dubtrack session being so fun and successful I'd love more of it.

I found an especially iconic retro chart this week so I think we should stick with the whole top 40 format rather than what I did earlier in this thread. if people like the idea it'll be on dubtrack from 4pm on Sunday biggrin.gif

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/buzzjack-room

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:57 AM