BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Big Brother: vote to save or vote to evict?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Vote to save or evict
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Liаm
post 10th August 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Stemming from a Digital Spy discussion... I think its pertinent now with the amount of people I've seen wanting to turn off because of Bear, but they're unable to do anything about it as it's vote to save. I thought it would be good to discuss more specific issues in here!

Of course the traditional Big Brother way is vote to evict, but in recent years vote to save has been the bane of our lives in the celebrity edition as eternal horrors like Katie Hopkins, Perez Hilton, John Patridge, Gary Busey, James Jordan and Jim Davidson made the final or almost made it because their omnipresence was always going to win them save votes, and their detractors had no chance to get them out. But what do you think of the two systems, which do you prefer?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th August 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I find vote to evict to quite representative of what the game is - it's who the housemates AND the public want out. And at its heart I think that's the Big Brother game is. You have to be liked by the house and the public have to not hate you. However of course the danger is that bigger characters are more divisive and are more likely to be evicted earlyish despite having a big fanbase or being fan faves (Jade, Toya and Marc being examples from recent years). While I was happy to lose Marc personally as like Bear he was dominating and ruining the series (plus it was a massive shock and they're always great to see), people usually use this as a point against vote to evict - "the boring ones always get to the final". However with the two vote to save civilian series we had the likes of Adam, the Lukes, Louise and Sara in the final... The thing with vote to evict is it's very predictable - there wasn't really a single shock in the last civilian series. Perhaps I just like the purism, the fact it harks back to the old days of Big Brother and it's nearly always been that way laugh.gif I just prefer it for some reason, us much as the evictions of the likes of Adjoa, Toya and Jade were some of the most infuriating of all time, Ashleigh surviving over Jale might be the single most satisfying C5 BB moment I can rememebr biggrin.gif (except maybe Mac's shock eviction!!)

With vote to save, it makes more sense on the surface it causes the most problems as it potentially ruins series. With vote to evict, we'd be able to oust Bear and it'd be fine but there's no way we're going to get rid of him. I get it helps those with big fanbases but it's hard for the hate figures to be evicted and stop ruining the series laugh.gif To me though, and this might just be my inner cynicist as always, it seems like a money making ploy. They get people such as the scripted reality stars with big fanbases of people who only watch CBB because they can see their reality faves, and they can make money getting people to save them. It's also more open to manipulation imo, whilst the producers can give a bad edit with vote to evict they can carve out a whole series with vote to save really. It seems like they've damned the likes of Katie (and already Grant) to early eviction by making them seldom seen. It's also a bit of a "all publicity is good publicity" situation in which the biggest characters that are shown more are pretty much always going to stay in a vote to save.

Australia did combine the two types of voting in some of their earlier series I believe, but it seems impractical and more susceptible to error - reading numbers out, mixing up the votes etc. In the early Australian days though, largely the best people did make it to the final with this system but I think I recall more people ended up annoyed and wanting to evict, rather then being endeared enough to vote to save.

I still think vote to evict is better for us, a nation of moaners, to be able to get out who we want. Vote to save seems somewhat more logical but I just feel it's easy to manipulate by making nomination twists etc to get the quieter ones up and save the favourites... The public can't be trusted either way really so tbh I sometimes want them to just cast less dumb contestants and have the US format! I really think he problem is in the casting and the sheer amount of sneaky manipulation that make the votes barely matter sometimes drama.gif Plus, we all know we'd moan either way it's just right now I am hating vote to save and its part in making a probable final 2 of Marnie and Bear.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 10th August 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Always vote to save for me. Yes there's the downsides of unlikeable dominating characters staying in, but it has the advantage of the quiet ones who don't add anything to the series not being able to sail through. I'd rather the series we have now than a series of everyone being happy clappy drinking tea while all the big personalities go in the first 3 or 4 evictions.

More often than not my favourite housemates are some of the biggest characters in the house, and are often very love-hate. In votes to evict they would go straight away but with vote to save they have been making the final more often than not.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th August 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

At this point I don't think it matters, the British public is retarded as f*** and C5 love disgusting people, so we're always going to be screwed.

+Quote this post
kye
post 10th August 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

Vote to evict every time! It's easier to get rid of a bad person.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 10th August 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Vote to evict.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 10th August 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Vote to evict. This isn't a talent contest. Although I would love to see X Factor do a vote to eliminate one week.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 10th August 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Vote to evict but Channel 5 don't care what they show now going back to their earlier coverage they showed late at night.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th August 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Evict. It should ALWAYS be evict (until the final where you vote your winner etc...)

It's a bit of a sham if it's not tbh. Even in the civilian series of BB. The housemates are nominating who they don't want to live with, it's only fair we put our money towards people we DON'T want to see in the house.

Not seen anything properly, past episode 3 of this series just because Bear is horrific. I've seen a couple of "highlights" or montages etc... via their Facebook page and he makes me want to kill puppies. THAT'S how bad I hate this series (and I'm not watching properly!) This whole "killer nomination" thing is a joke and the way he went about nominating Renee was vile.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:49 AM